[EVENT] Moonlight Festival

Discussion in 'Events' started by Curiosity Shop, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Curiosity Shop

Curiosity Shop Care for a special bargain?

Far away in a strange land, the community of many diverse races celebrates the beginning of the new year with a lavish countdown and fireworks above their mechanical marvel of an ancient clock tower. Tonight, there is a similar such festival in Castle Town. People from foreign shores have gathered to celebrate with their exotic Hyrulean counterparts. As crowds of festive partygoers gather, all stare in the sky as the Moonlight Festival begins. The moon itself seems to smile back with its odd shadows and crevices.

On the concourse of the Merchant District, a single stall stands up to the bombastic party's wave of attendants. A Kokiri girl stands tall above her rug, a canopy above her. Her hair is woven of pink and green colors and she has a wincing visage, her eyes peering slyly from her heavy eyelids. A great big smile is on her face as she clasps her hands together in graciousness.

"Come one, come all! Oddities for sale! Start your year with a one-of-a-kind treasure for a one-of-a-kind price!" she exclaimed with a pair of pom-poms swaying in the air. At regular intervals she joins in the party by tooting a loud colorful tin horn.

• (35) A strange cloudy orb on a necklace that contains Shadow Invisibility
    • (66) An accursed medallion hung by the neck that contains Hover which crumbles and vanishes when worn. The Augment does not come cheaper with this.
    • (26) A magic scroll that the user can learn Wall Kick on once when reading.
    • (56) A pair of fancy gauntlets with a stylish modern appearance in metallic grey and red and blue, the Magnet Gloves

To purchase any of the listed items, simply make an in-character post in this thread and deduct your rupees accordingly. In your post, you are free to control the shopkeeper within reason.

You can also sell one or more treasures to the Curiosity Shop for precisely 50% of the cost you originally paid for it. (If necessary, round up to the nearest whole rupee.) You cannot sell any treasure that is a Trait, is Major, has been Twisted, or was gained for 0 rupees.

On January 15th the Kokiri lady running this little shop will close up shop.
  2. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Eve hobbled up to the stall. She had spent the week in Castle Town, celebrating. . . something. Without taking a single other look at the stall, she asked the sly-eyed merchant a jarring question.

"Hey do you have deku-stick supplies?" she asked with an impromptu frown.

"One-of-a-kind treasures for a one-of-a-kind price! But no we don't sell those here. . . Eh-hem. These treasures down here. Miss?" she continued, trying to keep the odd girl's attention.

"Oh down there. . . right." Eve responded, her eyes gliding back down to the carpets. "That one's pretty I want that. The cool necklace one, yeah that one."

An exchange of hands happened, Eve dumping a boatload of glittering rupees into the merchant's keep. She donned the medallion almost immediately, smiling. The dull girl stifled, and the medallion vanished into dust.

"HEY what gives!" Eve complained, the other Kokiri holding tight to the payment. "That was really pretty too."

"The magic within has joined with you! You can use a new spell, although I don't have anything like instructions for you." the merchant explained, holding the cash defensively.

"You're gonna have to elaborate! I can't just do magic y'know." she continued complaining.

"Fine! There's absolutely NO refunds. That one contained the hovering spell. You make yourself feel like you are floating, within reason, of course. Then if you do it correctly you will be able to move above the ground. That's the most I can tell you with what I know. Company policies and such." the merchant continued, generously offering the dullard an unearned explanation. Or rather earned, as she had just paid a considerable price. It was give-or-take.

"Well happy new-year to you too! I'm leaving." Eve snorted, she started to hover slightly off the ground as she walked away. Unintentionally.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
    Devil-Steel likes this.
  3. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika rubbed at his brow. This was why he hated dealing with other Kokiri. "Cheer, cheer, another sale! Put the roop together and we've got a deal!" The shopkeep cheered, pom poms dancing with the rhythm.

That didn't even rhyme. "Please, for the love of the goddesses, just. . . give me the scroll and stop talking." He groaned, the desire to cancel his purchase growing ever so stronger as the cheer squad in front of him made their spectacle. Still, though, the findings of a Wall Kick scroll were valuable enough to endure it- he was even trying to be nice! He had not even insulted the Kokiri yet, though he desperately wanted to.

Finally, she handed him the scroll. "Thank you, thank you, and come again! Come around and shop now and then!" She danced, but Rika would have none of that. "I would rather shop at Pooky's store." He bit back with the worst insult imaginable for a shopkeep, before turning to leave.

The girl had no idea who Pooky was, so she just looked confused.

(Rika bought Wall Kick)
  4. Curiosity Shop

Curiosity Shop Care for a special bargain?

"We should have put the sign up but a sale is a sale." the wily Kokiri rubbed her hands together.

She put her pom-poms away and quickly put out a "Now Closed" sign on the small stall. The sign was largely for show as actually closing the little stall involved packing up the entire thing. It did look kind of odd sitting there alone in the streets days after the party had ended. For some people, that last rupee was all that mattered.

[CLOSED]