Elemental Resonance Clay

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Doc Genz, Dec 20, 2022.

1. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    This is a cheap material, that can be applied to almost any treasure, or crafted onto a crafted item. When applying this treasure to any one treasure, that treasure gains a tag :Resonance Clay [Element] The user of this feature names any one element, in conjunction with existing "Element Enchantment" treasures and applies that element and the features of its named Enchantment to that treasure or item, replacing a named element from it. For example: Thunder: Resonance Clay Ice would cast a bolt of freezing energy. Din's Lance: Resonance Clay Poison would fling a lance with venom properties, although that treasure would be trading two elements for one.

The clay is semi-permanent so the treasure is unable to use its original element tags unless it is somehow removed. A ritual costing the amount of time of a single thread is needed to remove it. This treasure allows many treasures without other elemental counterparts to be eligible for an element's effect without creating additional pages for each variation, with the restriction that it only gains what is specified under the enchantment rules.
  2. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

I love this idea. Some spells don't have elemental attack support the same way the fire element does. This would alleviate that issue without the need of making new treasures that are just variants of existing treasures. I know I'm not a mod but this has my full support and also makes quite a few of the potential treasures I thought of not needed. Which isn't a bad thing at all.