Eagle Labyrinth

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Guy, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Guy

Guy Admin admin

(Feel free to join, but I'd prefer no more than two additional players, and no more than two characters per player. Please ask via PM or chatbox before joining.)

"Argh... my aching... everything."

Guy found himself sprawled out on a floor amidst a thin layer of sand, barely conscious. More of what seemed to be the very same sand trickled down from above, beating softly against his face. Still lost in a daze, he batted at it weakly before sitting up in a start. Glancing at the sand that was falling, and that which was already beneath him, it was rather easy for even a half-conscious mind to surmise that he had fallen from above... but where was "above"? He could remember nothing, and all he could see was a ceiling shrouded by darkness. Actually, now that he looked around, he realized this entire area was nothing but darkness.

But... he could tell beneath the sand was some sort of blue-green tile... looking up, Guy came to the immediate realization that this room was filled with at least a dozen figures his size. Quickly reaching a hand for his knife, the Scrub drew his blade in precautionary panic. Just as he was about to advance towards one of the shadowy figures, he heard a high-pitched battlecry echo from a far corner of the room, soon thereafter followed by metal smashing against metal, emitting a bright spark on impact. In the flash, he couldn't help but see... no, it couldn't be... yes, it must have been... There was no question about it now, this must be some sort of nightmare.

After the clang came abrupt silence, only followed by the subtle scraping of metal against metal.

"...Sin?" Guy's voice was uncharacteristically weak, "Don't strike me down. It's Guy." Given the circumstances, and knowing his sister, he didn't want to take any chances with getting his head lobbed off by a polearm. His shield remained up constantly.

There came only silence for a moment, and abruptly a glaive came from behind the supposedly-deft warrior, pushing softly to the spine his neck. "Oh... It seems you are indeed my brother." There seemed to be disappointment in Sienna's voice. The weapon was lowered to her side.

The adrenaline rushing through Guy's heart rushed for a few seconds, before steadily slowing down and allowing his combat instincts to subside. How the fuck did she move so quietly in that armor, he couldn't help but wonder. Yes, that's why she always wore sandals, but still... she could be as stealthy as he, it almost seemed.

As their eyes adjusted to the darkness, the familiar face of Sienna came into view, her voice reassuring him, "They're just busts of some kind, seemingly based on monsters." Her gaze shifted around the room, before glaring back at her brother and demanding, "Where are we."

"...I was just about to ask you the same thing, " he sighed, shoulders slumping in disappointment. Being clueless of something as simple as his own location was frustrating, especially someone who upheld information and knowledge as much as he. "I can't even remember where I was before here."

"I am in the same position." Sienna's eyes continued scanning the room, as if expecting something to be here. "I came to just moments before striking that statue..."

"A dream?"

"Or a trap."

"Either way," Guy found himself beginning to search the darkness as well, "I don't suppose you know how to get out."

"There was a door in that direction," Sienna nodded in what she assumed to be north--her glowing orange eyes were the only clue Guy had to the direction.

"I suppose that's all we can do for now... but I can't help but feel someone or something will show up here... or already has." The Scrub glared helplessly into the darkness, his Justice and Defiance held at the ready. He found himself yearning, wishing, he had maintained the tools he had in the past to see in the night... He had forgotten how invaluable such an ability could be.
  2. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    (... I'm going to join this.... Tomorrow :V)
  3. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

(I'd like to join. As we've already discussed, so unless you don't want me to join or change your mind, I'll post tomorrow like Will)
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

(Yes, that's fine, both of you can join. :tpr: )
  5. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    A strange scratching sound would come out of the darkness, first quiet. It grew in intensity, and as it grew louder, strange moans began to join the sound of metal rasping against sand. Then, silence. Finally, with one momentous grunt, and the sound of shearing metal, the sounds stopped. They were replaced by quiet clacking, the sound of a hard object hitting against the floor. The sound was coming from behind Sin and Guy, crawling eerily out of the dark abyss that encompassed the room almost entirely. A deep breath, then muffled coughing. "Blast this damn sand... I had enough of that, escaping from the Gerudo..." a strange, hollow voice said. Both Sin, and Guy, would see that there was a pair of orange eyes a good distance behind them, staring straight at where they stood.

Green power flared to life around the Deku's fists, lighting up the rest of his body, casting a dark shadow across his face. his gauntlets thrummed with power, the ethereal glow providing him with ample enough light. Looking at Guy and Sin, whom he could now see, though not in detail, Dante cocked his head to the side. He could tell that the male Deku was Guy; he'd known him long enough to know his characteristic pants, his red, almost maroon, scarf. Dante had also heard Guy's voice through the metal door that he had opened. Dante had come from another room from behind them. It was tiny, most likely some sort of storage area, because it was filled with crates that had long been emptied. Looking at the other Deku, all that Dante could tell that she, or at least he thought it was a she, was some kind of warrior, judging by her armor and the staff, whose head he could not make out. Not knowing this other person, Dante decided to keep his distance, and call out to Guy and Sin.

"Uh, Guy, you wouldn't happen to have any idea where the hell we are, would you? I can't remember anything. It's like this blasted darkness is even in my head." Dante griped. Though he did not look it, Dante did not drop his guard. His arms were at his sides, yes, but his left hand was fidgeting with the grip of his Whirlwind. His right was ready to grab the hilt of his blade, should the need arise. He took no further steps, choosing to stay where he was at, until he could identify the third party. "And if you don't mind, madame, may I have your name?" Dante did not offer his own, and would not until he felt safe enough to do so.
  6. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

It was dark, completely pitch black. Rika felt conscious, but all he could see was darkness, so he couldn't really tell. He opened and closed his fists a couple times, as if trying to make sure he could move. It took Rika a second to realize he was being kind of stupid, and he stood up. He still couldn't see a thing. As he stood up, like right beside his head was an un-lit torch. How convenient. Of course, it wouldn't be if you didn't have a way of lighting it. Luckily for Rika, however, he possessed such an ability.

Backing up a little, he held his palm out. Fire swirled at the center of his palm, quickly firing out in the form of a ball. It struck the top of the torch, the fire impacting with the wall above the torch. Some of the fire spread across the wall, but nonetheless, the torch was lit. It provided some light, and with it Rika could at least tell what was in the room. The room was somewhat small, actually. It was rather empty, with a couple small boxes sitting on the walls. Other then that, it was empty. It was more like a large hallway rather then a room. At the northern end was a door. However, strong steel chains wrapped across it, with a large silver lock in the middle.

On the other, southern end of the room, there was another door. However, unlike the other one, this door didn't have any sort of locks on it. Rika didn't see any other place to go, so he walked towards the southern door. Hopefully he wouldn't be attacked by anything. He pulled open the door, to see what was beyond.
  7. Guy

Guy Admin admin

At the sounds coming from a dark corner of the room, Sienna immediately resumed a battle stance, gaining tunnel vision on what she assumed to be their captor. Guy peered in the same direction as well, cautiously. However, he kept one eye on his sister, mumbling, "Don't attack things without knowing what they are... please."

Sienna continually glared into the darkness, effectively ignoring her brother's words. When the opposite Scrub's gauntlets came alight, Sin rushed forth a step, but miraculously Guy managed to snatch a hand onto her shoulder and halt her tracks--much to her rage. In fact, she was even more tempted than usual to shove her glaive through his unarmored chest, but managed to subdue those urges on the reasoning the pompous fool had good reason to stop her.

When his good comrade posed a question his way, Guy lowered his weapons and responded, "Both of us are in the same position. We know nothing of our location, or even what we were doing before we came here... It's all quite... eerie."

When a question was thrown her way, Sienna completely ignored it and glared towards her brother. "I assume he is your ally."

"My best," he glanced towards her, mumbling at such a level only half of his words could be heard by the third party, "His name is Dante Silvaros, and he is a decent fighter capable of holding his own, using the wind as his greatest asset in combat..."

"...I see." With another sigh of disappointment, she once again lowered her weapon. Now glaring off towards the cautious Scrub glowing green, her tone resumed its typical gruff and direct air, "I am Sienna Denzrita, your ally's sister."

Guy took a few more steps towards Dante, getting within a few feet of him while Sienna remained behind. With a quick few silent and harsh words, he made sure his comrade would not be remarking about why he had never mentioned Sienna before--at least not in her presence. With that out of the way, he continued in a louder, less-suspicious tone, "I find this all... extremely peculiar..." He sheathed his blade and pressed his hand to the approximate location of his would-be-chin. "What are the chances that whatever force brought us here would just so happen to select two people I already know. This can't be a trap, as it would be an extremely inefficient one. Surely this is some form of game or dream, then, but," there came a smirk in his voice, "It's a particularly interesting one..."

Guy turned to see the location where he sister was still standing, only to discover that she had already advanced towards the north door. Her battle cry echoed throughout the room as the sound of her glaive once again smashing against metal soon followed. A moment later, Sienna simply threw her hands into the air and stomped off into a corner. As she moved away, revealed behind her was what appeared to be a Hylian child--no, a Kokiri--standing in a doorway, and a wooden door cleaved in half at his side.

...Though fearful of Sienna's rage, Guy couldn't help but chuckle. He could only imagine how frustrating it must be for her to constantly be teased with a justifiable bloodbath only to have it continuously pulled away from here. Nonetheless, he hoped the next creature that appeared would be a monster or something trying to kill them--otherwise the biggest threat in this place would probably be Sienna herself.

Trying to hide his laughter, Guy scurried towards the northern edge of the room, beckoning for Dante to follow. After all, this kid might just have an idea of where they are--or more importantly--how to get out of here. "She didn't injury you yet, did she?" He called over to the boy mid-stride.
  8. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    As Guy accosted him, for even the possibility of mentioning why he had never spoken of Sienna to him, Dante couldn't help but be reminded of how he had never told Guy of his adopted son. Though he was gone now, it still felt awkward to talk about it at all around Guy. That's right. It had always been this way. The two had known that their personal lives were somehow set aside from the ones that they led together. There was no place for that, in the world of death and war. Past lives were only a liability. In that respect, Dante could understand where Guy was coming from. Of course, as usual, Dante was tempted to poke fun at Guy. He probably would have, except that it seemed that Sienna was staring daggers at the back of Guy's head, and straight at Dante as well. Her eyes made no empty threats.

Deciding to drop the matter, Dante looked over at Sienna, as Guy turned towards the northern door. He was just about to ask her a question, somewhere along the lines of "Guy hasn't told me much about you. What do you do for a living?", in order to get some small talk going to ease the tension, but quickly realized that she would just as likely take his head from his shoulders, as give him an answer. This was only confirmed by her feral roar, which vibrated in Dante's head as it tore the the room, quickly following by tremors from her glaive smashing against the door. He cringed with each bang. "Guy, are you sure she's your sister? She doesn't have your sense of.... style." Dante whispered to Guy, edging closer to him. For some reason, he felt safe next to Guy; and that said something about their situation, for sure.

Seeing the door collapse, in a puff of dust, Dante saw that there was a figure behind the veil of dirt and sand. Dante had already let his hands fall to his waist, although the Wind Enchantment was still laid upon his fists. He did not bother to bring his hands up in a guarding position. Sienna had walked away, without cutting this figure down. As such, Dante assumed that this was a friendly person standing in the doorway. Dante was not prepared to see yet another friendly face. As the cloud finally settled, a young Kokiri face was revealed to the Deku. His eyes widened slightly in surprise. It had been a very long time since he had seen that face, which had not aged even a year. Still keeping the same cherubim features he'd had even when they had first met, the Kokiri stood in front of him as if not a day had passed.

"Rika...?"
  9. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Most of what Rika spotted was darkness. He saw a glowing Deku further in. Well, at least someone hopefully friendly. Before he could take a step forward, however, he heard something shout out a battle cry. Rika quickly grabbed his scythe, ready to block. He was lucky, he probably would've been sliced in half if he was a second later. He struggled to hold back the glaive, but she was so much stronger then him. Which was funny when he noticed she was a Deku. She quickly seemed to stop and walk off, as if not considering Rika an enemy- or a threat- anymore.

Rika was confused for a moment or two, but managed to say something. "'The hell was that?!" He kind of exclaimed out of surprise. Well, he was almost killed by a Deku, one who had more physical strength then him. The door he had opened was sliced in half, as if butter, too. "I'm. . . glad that's not me?" He said to himself, if still a little confused. Then, another Deku walked up to him. Luckily, however, he wasn't trying to assault Rika. "No, I think I'm fine." He said, before noticing that he had said yet. Nonetheless, however, Rika just shrugged it off. "But anyway, you guys wouldn't happen to know the way out of here, right? I woke up in the room I came from, and I'm kind of surprised to find other people. Oh, and I'm-" He paused as the glowing Deku said his name.

". . . Yeah, I'm Rika. How'd you know my name? I think you look a little familiar, but I can't really tell. Even with the glowing it's pretty dark in here." He said, looking over the Deku a little more. He looked a little familiar, but Rika had met a lot of Deku before. Meanwhile, Rika's appearance was virtually the same, so assuming they remembered, anyone that had met him would probably recognize him on the spot. The glowing was kind of throwing Rika off, too. Of course, he had met this particular Deku before, but it had been quite some time since then. He was starting to remember. His appearance had changed somewhat, but you could still tell. "Oh, Dante!" Rika said to the Deku. I don't know how I didn't remember, but it's been a while still. . . I haven't met the either of you, have I?" He said, speaking the past part towards Guy and Sienna.
  10. Guy

Guy Admin admin

In response to Dante's inquiry, Guy quickly mumbled, "Same parents--different upbringing." At the moment, he didn't have time to delve further into the matter; Sienna was dangerously close, and this Rika fellow was already throwing a different question at him.

"If you have met me, I certainly don't remember you," the Scrub said with a callous shrug, "Which certainly makes you the first of the four of us to have that honor. I am Guy Denzrita, a friend of Dante," he said with a motion towards the glowing individual. After that, he gave a nod towards the lone female of the group, who was busy crossing her arms and scowling behind the veil of her demonic mask. "And Sienna, who almost cleaved you in half, is my sister younger by one year."

Guy then proceeded to explain the situation to Rika to the best of his ability; basically that all four of them were in the same predicament, and that for some reason or another they were all connected somehow. He continued, half-sighing from the tedium of going on about this for the third time, "Regardless, we all obviously want to get out of here, but this room is pretty much a dead end. Was there anything more where you came from?"

Sienna perked up ever-so-slightly, desperately hoping to hear a yes in response to that question. Another minute spent with these fools without killing something would easily drive her mad... or more mad, at least... let alone hours or days.
  11. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

"Hm. No, I don't think I've met the either of you. . ." Rika said. That wasn't really the point now, however. Turning his head to his side, he looked at the room he had just came from. "Actually, Guy, there is a locked door in that room." He said, before looking back into the room they were currently in. "There should probably be a key somewhere in here, then. I'd like to say it's hidden in one of the statues, but that wouldn't really make much sense. . . But then again, that's usually how these things work." Rika looked around the room again. It could be in the room south of them, the room that Dante had entered in. Well, there was only one way to find out, really. It was rather dark in the room, however. Although Dante's glow allowed some light, it didn't exactly light the whole room up.
  12. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    "Perhaps the statues? Perhaps it is hidden within them, or perhaps the statues are somehow used to open the door... That seems fairly reasonable. And if all else fails, maybe Sienna would be able to cut the lock off. She seemed to have done fairly well with the door." Dante looked down at the door that Sienna had been striking, ran his fingers across it. He shivered as he imagined her glaive cleaving his tiny body in half. "Nothing more than firewood..." He mused, shaking his head. But why was she so different? He looked at Guy, then passed a furtive glance towards Sienna. Guy was always in control of himself; nothing ever slipped, his facade of cool composure never breaking in the time Dante had known him. But, his sister... She was compulsive, violent, let her emotions control her.

Dante couldn't help but mock himself. He thought about himself, his own quest for revenge. Am I any different? he wondered to himself. At the very least, he was aware that his anger and hatred would consume him in the end. But he was powerless against his own heart, which burned with wrath as he remembered. Perhaps something made her this way? he asked himself, thinking that perhaps Sienna, too, had a reason for her violent tendencies. Dante shrugged. He could just be wrong, too.
  13. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy's gazes traced over the eight statues spread throughout the room, "No, it does make some sense. Given the surroundings, that would be arguably the best place to hide a key..." His eyes dropped down to meet the floor, "Either that, or in the cracks between the tile, I suppose."

Already in mid-stride, Sienna was heading towards the room from which Rika came. When she felt eyes upon her, she simply bellowed without turning back, "I expect that door to be no sturdier." In a moment's passing, she disappeared into the shadows of the northern room.

Her brother muttered after her, "Carry on..." In the midst of examining the monstrous statues, Guy began to methodically slide his hand into each of their mouthes. The statue's jaws were curiously agape with holes, and just barely large enough to fit a Hylian's arm. Such was the most logical place to inspect, he assumed.

On the third one, his head perked up suddenly... the wooden fingers of his left hand gingerly tracing over something or other. "This is quite... ...warm..." A strange noise, steadily rising in pitch, began to emit from the statue. All of a sudden, Guy's eyes widened in shock and he whipped his hand out of the stature just moments before a flaming magical sphere was spat out where his arm was a split-second ago.

Just then, the remaining seven statues began to emit the strange noise as well. Knowing any one of those spheres, let alone eight of them, could roast his flammable body in an instant, Guy required no further warning to scurry the hell out of there. Shouting out a warning towards Dante and Rika, he hoped the two of them already had the common sense to follow him into the northern room.
  14. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

"Hm, yeah. . ." Rika also began to inspect the statues, although to a lesser extent then Guy. He looked into the hole of one, but didn't see anything. Rika somewhat considered trying to smash one, but he couldn't, anyway. At least, not very easily. A scythe or daggers weren't great for smashing, and none of his spells really had any destructive force in it. Suddenly, he heard a strange noise in a different part of the room, by Guy. Rika looked over towards it curiously, as it slowly rose in pitch.

Suddenly, a ball of fire spit out from it, almost setting Guy ablaze. Almost immediately afterwards, the statue to the right of Rika- all of the statues around him, really- started making the same strange noise. Guy started running into the northern room, and Rika wasted no time wondering what was going on. He quickly darted in the same direction, to get into the room. While a fireball wouldn't completely destroy him like it would the rest of the group he was with, it would most certainly hurt him.
  15. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Dante was also inspecting the statues, though with much more caution than Guy. Dante was not a fan of sticking his hands into places that he could not see, especially in a dungeon, where his unconscious body had been dragged. Sidling up next to a statue, then looking into its mouth from the side, Dante slowly walked to the statue's front. He looked farther into the mouth, saw nothing in interest. He placed his hand into the statue, searching for the key. However, he felt nothing, felt only cool, moist stone. Admiring the workmanship of the statue, Dante nearly didn't realize that something his changed before it was too late. At about the same time the fireball was rising up in the statue that Guy had his hand in, Dante too, experienced much the same thing. Shit! was all that Dante could think, before yanking his arm out of the statue so forcefully that he fell backwards to the ground.

A fireball sailed over head, flew off into the void. "Crap!" Dante yelled out, scrambling to his feet. He heard Guy's warning, knew that the same thing was happening to Guy and Rika. Dante booked it towards the north door, his legs pumping as quickly as they could. Grabbing his Whirlwind, Dante shot a blast of air forward, diverting one of the fireballs that had been about to intersect with his path forward. Literally jumping through the doorway, Dante looked around, sighed, and relaxed. No more statues.
  16. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Go, go, go! Good!" After waiting for the others to charge through, Guy smacked his palm onto the doorframe and waited a moment, as if expecting something to happen... only, nothing did. In his blindly frozen, bewildered stance, the Scrub almost neglected to bring up the Defiance to defend himself from the lethal fireball.

Recovering his senses, he dove safely to the side, "Damnit, even my barricades don't work anymore. Dante, remember that skill?" Guy asked with a sigh, asking almost rhetorically. He glanced down at his shield, noting how it's now glowing a dim red... the fireball had apparently been absorbed. Good to know.

Meanwhile at the opposite side of the room, Sienna was busy filling the air with brutal battlecries and the clashing of metal against metal. After a few more tries, she shouted out towards the others, not even looking their way as she did so, "This one seems to be solid steel. I can't break it open so easily... at least not with just this." She glanced at her glaive with a sigh, her orange gaze grazing its now-dulled tip with melancholy.

Turning around, she abruptly noticed a hoard of fireballs launching her way... and rather calmly took two steps to her right. "So," she practically snarled the question at her brother, "Did you get the key before triggering that trap?"

...Not saying anything for the moment, Guy silently looked towards Dante and Rika, hoping they had better luck than he.
  17. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Following behind Guy, Rika had ran in the room, narrowly avoiding being smacked with a fireball. It wouldn't damage him too bad, but it was a situation worth avoiding. Nonetheless, the group was in the room Rika initially appeared in. The flickering torch on the wall he had lit provided light, although not a lot. Sienna had attempted to smash the door and the lock, but to no avail, it seems. As Sienna asked if they had gotten the key, Guy turned to him.

". . . Damn it. None of us got the key, did we?" Rika asked in a bit of a disgruntled tone. Going back into the room would be dangerous when 3/4ths of their group die when they see fire strolling down the road. God forbid if the fire said hello.
  18. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    "Well don't look at me. I didn't get it." Dante shook his head at Sienna, Guy, and Rika. Looking at the door, and hearing Sienna's response, Dante figured that she hadn't had much success either. "But that doesn't necessarily mean we can't still get past this door." Walking up to Sienna, he looked at the Door, then at her glaive. It hadn't cut the lock, but it had bent considerably. Reaching around his back, he found the small pouch that contained his blade sharpening knife, that he used for his kukri. "Here. We'll give it another try." Dante handed the small knife to Sienna, knowing that she would know what to do with it. She seemed a fairly knowledgeable scrub, if only slightly crazy.

"If I may." Dante asked, motioning towards the glaive with this still glowing fists. Without waiting for a reply, for he didn't really care if Sienna said no or not anyways, he walked over to the blade of the glaive, laid his hands upon the cool metal. The green glow shifted from his fists to the blade, and grew brighter as the two lights merged together into a stronger enchantment. "Try now. We might be able to blow the lock off yet."
  19. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Sienna gave Dante the slightest nod of gratitude as he handed her the knife, though for the moment she simply slipped it into a makeshift sheathe in her gauntlet. Another identical nod was given as the fellow enchanted her weapon with some sort of spell... Given what her brother said earlier, she could assume this magic somehow empowered her weapon with the strength of wind.

Her hand shooed away the others, beckoning them to step back as she positioned herself in front of the door. Taking both hands near the end of the glaive, furthest the blade, she carefully positioned the tip of the weapon on the left side of the lock. Abruptly, her body spun around once as she filled the air with a battlecry--the massive weapon tore through the air with great force, before bashing down viciously into the metal of the lock with a flurry of wind. Sparks shout out and the crashing of metal filled the air, before the previously-bent and now-broken monster of a padlock dropped to the ground.

Sienna breathed a slight sigh of relief, then brought her glaive down so the blade was in front of her, then whipped out the knife Dante had lent her and commenced to sharpen it... thankfully the lock had only mildly dulled it, not bending or nicking it, so, "...This should only take a couple minutes." Such was what she could safely assume, as she had worked with metal armor enough to know how to work decently well with metal weapons.

Meanwhile, Guy pushed towards the door, giving only a glance back towards the others. Sienna was busy, and the other two were mages even scrawnier and seemingly more defenseless than he. Given that, it seemed he was obligated to take point. With a slight sigh, he turned back towards the iron door and proceeded to push through... the ancient hinges creaking loudly... only to discover complete darkness.

He glanced towards Rika, extending an open palm, "Didn't you have a torch?" Just as he turned away from the darkness, unknown to him a colossal hand bearing black talons reached out from the shadows and hovered over him for a split-second, threatening to size his entire little body in its vice.
  20. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika stood around, waiting as Sienna broke down the lock of the door. Rather well done. As the door was open, Rika was close to walking in it and checking thinkings out, when Guy took the initiative and went in first. He was stopped by the pitch darkness, however, and turned back around. Asking Rika for the torch he had, Rika couldn't remember when he was actually holding the torch and simply lit it on the wall. Nonetheless, Rika was about to turn around and pull it off the wall, when he spotted some black hand-like creature with talons swiftly approaching Guy.

"Look out!" Rika shouted, quickly pointing his palm forward. A ball of ice formed and unleashed from his hand, flying over Guy and striking the creature. It let out a somewhat strange but mostly horrifying screech, as it was thrown back into the room. Due to it's size, it was more then likely frozen, too. As it flew back into the room, Rika slowly lowered his arm. He was being a little cautious, just in case something else would decide to jump out at them. ". . . I guess that means there'll be enemies from here on out." He somewhat quietly said. After that, Rika remembered the torch. He grabbed the torch off the wall, pulling it off with relative ease.

He was about to hand it to Guy, then he remembered; The entire group was made of Deku. ". . . I guess I should carry it?" He said, gripping the handle of the torch. It, along with Dante if he chose to glow, were their only sources of light. Of course, if they encountered anymore torches they could simply light those. For now, this would have to do.