Dungeon Requirements With Similar Names - Should They Count For Both Pre-Reqs?

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Eevachu, May 22, 2017.

?

Should Dungeons With Similar Names Count As the Pre-Req for both?

1. Yes, they should.

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, they shouldn't.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

With the current system, if multiple dungeons share the same name, one clear of one of those dungeons counts as having cleared all iterations of that dungeon, regardless of which 'version' you completed(ex. clearing Forest Temple counts as having cleared the OoT, TP, and ST Forest Temple and gives you the Super Dungeon pre-req for all three, regardless of which one you actually did).

However, dungeons with very similar names do not count under this(The most obvious 'it should' example is Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly(OoT) and Jabu Jabu's Belly(OoA)). What I am proposing is that dungeons with very similar names that are essentially anagrams or parallels of one another(ex. Temple of Fire/Fire Temple, Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly/Jabu-Jabu's Belly) count as the same dungeon for Super Dungeon pre-req purposes.

Note that like the current system, this does not consider how similar the dungeons are. So, while Fire Temple(OoT) and Goron Mines(TP) are functionally almost the same dungeon, even with the same concept of saving Gorons, they would still be counted as separate because of naming. That is somewhat subjective, and difficult to decide. This is only concerned with the naming.

I left a poll so one could easily vote, but I encourage everyone to post comments in the thread, particularly if you feel strongly one way or the other, or feel you have something to add that has not yet been said.
  2. AsheKryssaean

AsheKryssaean Senior Amateur new

Rupees:
    40 (Patience) 5 (Feru) 5 (Alicia) 5 (Owl) 0 (Oryn)
    Hm, if the current system already counts dungeons with the same name as super dungeon prerequisites across multiple games... why are dungeons with very similar names not already treated the same way? I do like that same name dungeons covering multiple prerequisites at once is a thing. Seems to me like a good system for newer members interested in multiple super dungeons to get into the action faster without having to do every single dungeon for each one. Likewise older members that just don't like certain dungeons for certain games don't feel obliged to slog through every single one to play the super dungeons they like.

If that was the idea behind the decision in the first place then it seems logical that similar names should be as good as exactly the same name. After all, JabuJabu's belly is JabuJabu's belly by any other name.

Well, that's how I interpret this matter anyway, hope it was at least marginally helpful. I should get some sleep now.
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

It's kind of an unintentional loophole that I let slide. The prerequisites list for example "Forest Temple" but don't specify a game, and some Super Dungeon prerequisites actually span multiple games, so one could argue anything that is literally "Forest Temple" would suffice.

To my knowledge no one has ever completed a Super Dungeon that has one of these dungeons as a prerequisite, so that loophole yet to be actually used.

As I told Eevachu SM before, I'm impartial on this matter. The relevant thread would just need to be edited for the handful of cases where this is true. E.g., instead of "Fire Temple" the line would have to read something like "Fire Temple or Temple of Fire."
    Last edited: May 26, 2017