Drink Deep from the Well of Knowledge (Adrius/Squish)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Squishy, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Drink Deep from the Well of Knowledge

Bottom of the Well (OOT), starring:

Romulus Volbrung (Adrius) + Hero’s Legacy, Profession (Monster Hunter, Lvl 1) + 5 Rupees
    Idris Johansson (Squish) + TBA

Idris pulled his cloak tighter around him. Despite the sun not having fully set yet, the evening chill was already starting to seep through his clothes. Maybe heading to a dilapidated mansion after dark was not the best idea, but then again, as much as he himself liked to believe otherwise, Idris was not always one for well thought-out plans.

He was a few hours outside of Castle Town, hunting down an interesting lead he had found in the cult of Nayru’s library. According to their records, a family of great magical prowess had lived around these parts in a magnificent mansion. While the family was long gone, and architecture did not really interest Idris, the contents of their private library did. And really, if the owners were not on this world anymore, it didn’t count as trespassing, right? Something something about dark magics and evil rituals, and the family had vanished from the records- and their mansion, leaving everything behind. He had mostly skimmed that part, plan already made. No one actually believed those things, did they?

A tall brick wall surrounded the mansion’s grounds, though vines had long since started to cling to and grow over them, as well as the elegant iron gate that would give access to the grounds beyond. If it wasn’t locked.

Idris leant forward, conjuring up a small flame to inspect the large lock. He could attempt to melt it, but, if the family had been as magically proficient as the records claimed, it was likely protected against something so simple. He let out an annoyed sigh, making a sound of disgust as he looked at the overgrown vines. Was he really going to have to climb them?
  2. AdriusVale

AdriusVale Member reg

The chill of the night had little to no affect on a man of such fiery passion for his goal as Romulus had. His long coat blew behind him in the wind as his stare pierced forwards towards his goal off in the distance. The ruins of his family's lost relatives. They had lost knowledge of monsters and magic. While he believed the knowledge of magic would aide him more the knowledge of monsters would help him fight whatever he would need to.

As he approached the old house he noticed a figure there. He didn't know who it was from the distance but he knew to be prepared for anything. 'Anyone who is here could be dangerous. This building is far enough out of the way; no one could just stubble upon this place.' The Hylian thought to himself as he summoned his sword to his side. It was a very elegantly made epee with a crescent guard.

He approached the stranger remaining to the shadows to try and remain unseen. Once behind him he had his blade to his back. "How are you, why are you here, and how did you learn of this place?" He had several questions for him and expected answers to all of them. True he didn't know how dangerous or harmless this stranger was but starting with a sword to his back gave Romulus the advantage.
  3. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Oh. Great.

Idris turned around, hand alight with a ball of flame; partially for light, partially as a threat.

"I could ask the same of you." The man had startld him, but he wasn't about to show it. He narrowed his eyes at the stranger, eyes flitting between his face and the sword pointed at him. "It's not like this place is well-hidden, is it? But I suppose you have business here too, going off your questions. Now lower that sword, will you?"

Either this man was some sort of caretaker that the records had failed to mention, or Idris was not the only one out treasure-hunting tonight. In the same mansion, no less. He studied the man a little closer; unfamiliar features- not that Idris remembered those often- but a fine weapon and fine clothes painted him a noble. The crest on the stranger's chest, though, was one he did not recognise. Odd. He looked back at the man's face.

"...Who are you? Answer me and I might answer you."
  4. AdriusVale

AdriusVale Member reg

Romulus hadn't expected the man to keep his composure, not only that but he bared a weapon of his own. He noticed Idris scrutinizing him. 'This man is smarter than I had taken him for; not only that but to remain calm he must have great courage.' Romulus did not lower his blade completely he stayed alert and while he would have liked his answers first the best course of action would be to answer first.

"I am Romulus Volbrung, and my family was once a branch of those who's house this is." He didn't let his motives known but his relation at least explained why he was there. "Now then answer my questions would you?"