Double spinning Lariat [Review]

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Tsubori, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I'm confused about this. Does this mean that the move can be used to send the user flying five meters in any direction? If so, how does that work in with the gravity sucking-ness of this move?
  2. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Well, it's pretty much as it sounds. You can use it standing still, or with a little bit of direction, move about five meters. Think of it like the Deku Spin in Majoras mask.
  3. Quill

Does that mean no vertical movement? If so, that should be edited in, because as it is it sounds like you could go in literally any direction.

I'm slightly worried about the 5m distance. I mean, when it's coupled with the gravity-sucking effect, would that mean that if you launched yourself at someone they wouldn't be able to dodge? It's one thing to say that you'll be standing still and doing it, and that anyone in a 3m radius would have a difficult time resisting the pull. It's another thing to say that you can move in any horizontal direction for 5m and make it really difficult for anyone to move out of the way. I mean, the gravity-sucking effect is 3m, and that would effect nearly anyone you throw yourself at. I'm also worried that this would virtually extend its AoE to 8m- five for the launch and another three added on. When you reach the 5m, does the spin stop? Is the pull affected by the movement? How fast are you going?

Is this making sense to anyone else, or am I just being a wart? Or, Tsu, am I reading this really wrong?
  4. Tsubori

Well, the spin is happening during the dash, so at the end of the dash, the gravity pull stops anyway. If needed I can reduce the distance.
  5. Quill

Alrighty. This looks good to me. If you could please edit in that bit about "horizontal launch only" that we talked about, it'll be ready to go. Sorry, but I just have this image of DSL being used for limited flight. Maybe I'm paranoid, but ya. Thanks!
  6. Tsubori

`Double Spinning Lariat
    Original: Tsubori , Technique - offense
    [WeaponBase], [Fist]

P5: 35
    P4: 50
    P3: 70
    P2: 90

Prerequisites: User must be at least power 2 and have spin attack.

A mighty attack to be sure, the Double Spinning Lariat is a special fighting move renowned for it's effectiveness in both a fist fighter and armed fighter's arsenals. The technique made fame during a mayoral election in some town or another in Northern Hyrule. With the votes ending in a perfect tie, the decision was made via a fighting match to the KO. The winning candidate used this move to achieve victory and his position.

How the technique works is rather bizarre. The user must place their feet about a foot apart, then start spinning with both arms outstretched. The spin may be done from a standstill or be launched into a horizontal direction for about five meters. During these two full 360 degree spins, a strange force pulls those within about a three meter range from the hands towards the spin, as if gravity is somehow being centered on the fighter. The force is about equal to a powerful wind force, enough to pull in dekus, but heavier enemies like gorons will have an easier time resisting, to the point where a well anchored, heavy enemy can fully resist the effect.

This pulls the victim into the spin and depending on where in the two spins they entered, they'll be hit up to four times as they get bounced around the attack before the spins and the person (or persons) are launched a few meters back from the attacker. When the user sets themselves up for the attack, they may decide whether to use the magic pulse powers the Spin attack provides or the Gravity warping powers from double spinning Lariat.
  7. Quill

Sweetness. Accepted.