Defending Impa

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Jagon Fenris, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

" I say we should wait until a better time to attack outside the light of the sun. Don't want a good fighter to die without taking down a few men. Horrible sun... Burns my flesh... Such a horrible curse. But I want the leader's blood. He seems like a tasty fellow..." Blyss commented on the weather and her opinion on what may happen.

"But hey, an immortal vampire on your side makes a pretty good deal wouldn't it? And I want have some fun, so blame a gal. Give me time to catch eyes with a few guardsman, and the slower ones will turn to me for their commands. I've learned a few tricky hypnotic tricks in my times. A few twisted words, and entire units fall to the ground from their own blades. I'm speaking from a bit of experience here. Then again, these aren't zora or gorons we're talking about here."

She took a sniff at the air. The smell of the recent rain did block out most other scents, but she believed she caught the scent of blood, but shook it off. Just merely a foreboding glance of what was to come. She licked her lips in anticipation of the battle.
  2. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

The thunderous roars of the skies seemed to be calming as the rain stopped pounding on the duo. Sexton landed in Impa and found his fellow hero's he had just barely heard the vampires comments. [color]"We took down one of the Aerolfos, but we were too close to the main army to hide it. They are sure to have found him and should be on the march here. There are women and children in this city that will die if we dawdle around here for too long. We need to take march just like the foe and take camp out in the field. This gives us room for retreat if needed. So we can either divide our men up or whatever but I can't let them come here and destroy this city being built. Nor can I stand here and let every woman or child in this town get killed by monsters. As much as I'd prefer to avoid conflict, even I know we can't just wait here. There is little time to waste I'm setting out for the field, follow if you want."

Sexton started to walk away into the field hoping that someone comes with him. He knew he couldn't take out the whole army but if he killed just one member of the Hellfire army then he would make it easier on the fellow hero's. Heh, maybe death won't be too bad. Maybe he will be reunited with his loved ones.
  3. Jagon Fenris

Jagon Fenris New Member new

Movement only seemed to have gotten easier; with the rain stopped, the ground was merely wet, rather than a slurry of mud. Their pace had increased dramatically. The odds were quickly turning in their favor again. Not an hour before, a wagon, that had missed the storm, and walked in the hardened earth of their trail, had caught the Company. The Bokoblin driving the cart did not bring reinforcements. What it had brought was far more useful. Jagon grinned, knowing that the items brought could well turn the battle. Already, one of the Aeralfos was airborne, a Hawkeye covering its face. Another wore a mask that allowed it to go days, weeks, months without rest. The rest of the contents... Were more valuable, and could possibly break the heroes that he now knew were no fantasy.

The sun hung above them, telling him that it was midday. They had lost a lot of time in the mud, during that morning, but progressing further towards Impa had meant that they were no longer hampered by the earth's forces. They would be there within the morrow. Sooner, perhaps, if they decided to push on during the night, though Jagon knew that he would not. They would need their rest, the sucking earth leaving them exhausted. That gave him an idea. Raising a hand, he bellowed out to his Company. "Halt!" They came to a stop within a split-second. "We will camp here during the day, and we will move on during the night. Normal watch shifts are to be used as of this moment. Moblins will be in charge of the watch. Use your noses, and see if we can't find anything other rats crawling in the dirt." He shouted out, watching as many of his men dropped their packs in relief. Though most traveled fairly light, the weight of their necessities had left them exhausted. Jagon would not foolishly charge into battle with a company of tired men. If they resumed their march, they might reach Impa at the break of dawn.
  4. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As everybody just stood around, the stableboy ran in and said that a man- Nicholas- stole the captain's horse and rode off. It seemed like he was running into battle. "Damn it, that's- Wait no, this really works. We need to attack- now. Dragon riders, if you will, fly ahead and deliver a pre-emptive strike to the army, and support Nicholas. Everybody else, we should be right behind them, we can't waste anymore time. As for the night, nightfall will be soon, so night should drop by the time we arrive." With that, Rika turned to walk out. "Wait, actually. Perhaps one of you could ride with one of the dragon riders, to add more assistance from the land, if you wish." Finishing, Rika dashed out, following Sec.

(Although I didn't want to meta-game since Rika doesn't know everybody's name, what I meant by the last part is that someone(Damien) could ride with U5 and jump off the dragon and attack from land)
  5. Idarian

Idarian Imperator of Known Space reg

Damien listened to the Kokiri speak, and stepped forward.

"I will go. The fool through himself into the fight alone, but I cannot let him die now."

He turned to Jacob and Essyeth.

"Take me in your wyvern's talons, so someone appropriate with a bow may shower the enemy with shafts from above, while I drop into the thick of the battle."
  6. Seththeshadow

Seththeshadow New Member reg

Jenni strode through the mess hall, looking around. A sudden sight stopped her in her tracks. A single book laying open on a table. Upon closer inspection, she saw it to be the one Nicholas was reading after they met in Castle-town. Oh shit.

She ran out of the mess hall, mind racing. He wouldn't leave on foot... why would he leave anyways? How would he go... horse? But he doesn't have one. He couldn't have stolen one, he must have gotten one and just never mentioned it... Stables it is. She hurried to them, and saw something that confirmed her suspicions. The stable boy was sitting on a bale of hay, slumped over, his head in his hands, muttering to himself.

"... he's going to kill me!" Jenni walked up and cleared her throat. The stable boy jumped to his feet, panicked, but he calmed down when he saw it was not his Captain. His reaction was all she needed though.

"Boy, what happened here?" The stable boy looked sheepishly at his feet, shifting his weight back and forth. He mumbled an answer.

"... Nicholas.... overpowered me... took the captains horse..." Jenni laughed out loud at his response.

"The Nicholas I know wouldn't overpower anyone. Not that you could have stopped him. I hope whomever else you told believed that story. I need a horse." The stable boy hurried around and quickly saddled up a soldiers horse. Jenni lept on its back, spun it around and took off at a canter out of the stable and down the street. She knew which direction her friend had gone. Idiot probably has some romantic vision of stopping the battle...

She pushed the horse to its limits until they got out of town, then slowed to a walk. There had been a lot of activity here, but the farther away from the town she got, the fewer footprints there was. Looking hard at the ground, still wet from the rain, she spotted something. Jenni swung herself off the horse, and went to inspect what she had seen. Hoof print. Maybe his... seems fresh. She got back on her horse and cantered towards the oncoming threat.
  7. Chi

She spotted some idiot on a horse passing by, and ran after them while holding her hood on her head. She would have to make a nap tomorrow morning already. Since she didn't want to be too tired to drink some blood when the battle was over, she guessed that someone starting a fight with them would be beneficial in lowering the enemy count, even if the idiot got himself killed. Hylian, probably weaker than her, she took a stab at the type that the person could possibly be.

Good thing she didn't need to breath and could run full sprint for hours unlike humans. She could keep up behind the horse for the most part, with a slowly widening gap from the horse's faster speed.
  8. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    The wind swept past Nicholas as the sound of a galloping horse filled the air. The trip was long, and it gave Nicholas time to think. Other then realizing he should of brought his book with him, he was starting to wonder if his reckless charge was the brightest idea. Tightening the grip on the reins, he shook his head of that silly pondering.

"It might not of been the brightest, but it sure as hell was the best," Nicholas said aloud, steeling his resolve once more. "Either way they have to be stopped. If it has to be at the price of one life instead of hundreds, then so be it."

With that, Nicholas spurred the horse forward, pushing forward as the sky darkened, heralding the night and the looming darkness that was soon to come.
  9. Jagon Fenris

The men rose from sleep as the sun finally disappeared behind the horizon, it's red light snuffed out by the darkness. The moon was already rising, though the night was still early. As his men prepared themselves to move out, Jagon was glad to see that the moon was full. Good. We'll need the light, if we're to see the path ahead, and all its obstacles. He mused to himself, wondering what these heroes had in store for the Hellfire Company. Thus far, they had done little to nothing, killing one Aeralfos. Still, it was a stain upon Jagon's record, something that he would not allow to go unpaid in full--and more. Judging from their tactics, either they were trying to conceal something from him, or had to rely on guerrilla tactics; perhaps it was a combination of both. Either way, from what the scout that had returned has said, there was no sizable force to be seen. Jagon thought it likely that the force was composed of strong men and women, but was too small to fight the Hellfire Company straight on. He would have to keep his every sense alert this night. Trickery was something that even heroes would stoop to, in a time of need.

Their feet moved swiftly, having been re-energized by their time asleep. Though would make good time, and now that they had slept, his men would be more alert. "Aeralfos, blaze a trail through the air in front of us, but do not stray to far. If you spot anything suspicious, report immediately." He told the four remaining flying lizards. The launched into flight, their wings beating wind to the ground below. The Aeralfos at the front of their diamond formation wore the Hawkeye, and kept a lookout on the ground. Meanwhile, on the ground, the Moblins took the front yet again, their noses keen. The wind was blowing towards the Company, and though it was light, it would carry scents well. No surprises would come this night. Of that, he had made sure. He took long strides ahead of the Company himself, helmet and armor removed. Wearing only his chainmail and a hardened leather skirt, he was easily able to outpace any in the Company, save the Aeralfos, with his long strides and innate quickness. And even though he was quite large, he was able to move almost silently, the only noise being the jangling of his mail. The breeze within the tall grass masked that sound.

Smelling the air, taking in the smells, Jagon was sure he smelled the scent of a Hylian. His ears, like a canine's, also heard the grinding of metal. But there was only one source. An armored man. Now that he could see, he saw that there truly was only one, astride a powerful looking horse. He narrowed his eyes, believing it to be trickery. But the Aeralfos had yet to descend; that meant that this man was the only anomaly to be seen. Seeing as Jagon was already there to deal with it, his scouts had not descended to report to him, it seemed. Interested by this bold Hylian, the proud Darknut stood straight, towering above the grass. "You have come down the wrong road, Hylian. You must be either very brave, or very foolish. Either way, now that I have seen you, you must know that I cannot let you leave." Jagon's ears twitched, hearing the movement of his men behind him, who were still hundreds of feet behind him. Taking his bow from his back, he pulled an arrow from his quiver and knocked it to the bow. But he did not raise the bow; this Hylian was interesting, and if he was truly as strong as his actions, and bearing, seemed to dictate, then Jagon would hopefully not be disappointed.
  10. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    The sun had set and the moon had climbed into the sky. "Ahh, the light of the moon. The Goddesses must smile upon me tonight." Nicholas smiled as he continued to ride. He had lightened up the pace of the horse, wishing to make it to his goal before the beast gives out. His eyes forward, he soon noticed shadows in the sky, but was unable to make them out, he merely assumed it must be the enemies. "Or a trick of light," he muttered as he continued on. It was soon after the first shadows caught his eye that he noticed the full force he had come to meet.

What Nicholas assumed was their leader spoke first, having been at the head of the group, he was the first to witness Nicholas and address him. The Darknut spoke loudly and confidently, he obviously intended on trying to slay Nicholas, since the man drew a huge bow and a monsterous arrow from his quiver.

"I took the first road I could find," Nicholas called out to the Darknut, slowing his mount. "Also, a little of column A and a little from column B." Keeping a tight grip on the reins, Nicholas watched the Darknut standing there, looking at his potential fate, then smiled, "and who says I planned to leave!"

With that shout, Nicholas slammed his heels into the flank of his stolen mount, spurring the horse into a charge as he rode forward, charging the Darknut as fast as he could, making potentially the last charge of his life.
  11. Seththeshadow

Seththeshadow New Member reg

Jenni spurred her horse once again into a gallop. She knew where her misguided friend was headed, and needed to get there before he got his foolish self killed. She raced on, bent low over the neck of her mount. The horse poured sweat, and panted like a demon, but faithfully kept up his monsterous pace. It was only a few minutes before she spotted what she was looking for. Nicholas sat on horse back, several minutes ride ahead of her, and standing before him was an army, heading by a massive man with a massive bow in hand. Oh crap. Now we're both dead. She begged her steed for another burst of speed, and the faithful animal listened. It kicked off the ground, and seemingly flew as a scream burst uncalled from her dry lips.

"Niiicholaaaas!"
  12. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Sexton continued to walk, the vampire lady had ran far ahead of him. He looked over at his only companion. "I never would have thought that only you would join me. Seems like everyone one else left us behind. By the way I haven't seen the Wyvern's fly over." Night fall had come as the moon filled the beautiful skies. "So how about we stay back out of the fray and fight with long ranged support for the guys that have run ahead?"
  13. SenpaiPancake

SenpaiPancake Shhh! I'm charging my laser... reg

Ignis rubbed his eyes tenderly as he darted across the open expanse of Hyrule Field, the sun setting at his back. He had been running for a day now, and while the Deku could tell no one was still foolish enough to be following him, he felt it safest to put as much distance behind him and Nabooru as possible. Looks like I won't be going back there for awhile, he thought with a sigh. To Ignis, that Hylian had deserved the thrashing after having mocked the Deku's appearance, and while searing off his face might not have been the most practical way to deal with the situation, it suited Ignis just fine. And to be honest, he didn't really mind leaving Nabooru all that much. It had given him an excuse to head east, towards the newly constructed town of Impa. Any town Ignis hadn't graced with his presence was a safe haven at the moment. And, for all the Deku knew, it would be a quiet, relaxing town.

Suddenly Ignis was ripped from his thoughts by the sound of horse, and a bloodcurdling scream echoing from the south. Squinting, he could make out a distant group, maybe fifteen or twenty strong. Angling further north, the Deku pressed himself harder, driving his tiny body as fast as it could towards Impa. It was but a few minutes before Ignis saw figures approaching from the direction he was headed. While normally the Deku tried to keep a low profile, he was curious, and wanted answers. Ignis stepped out, and called out to the Kokori in the group. "Oi, what's going on? Where is everyone headed?"
  14. Chi

The horsemen had passed a great distance further, but from time to time, she could spot them as their horses had slowed. Blyss arrive minutes later, and focused on drawing out her hypnotism abilities before revealing herself. She grabbed the handle of her weapon on her back under her cloak.The moonlight shined off her skin. Her blood red teeth appeared with her grin, looking up at the moon. She turned to face the swarm of enemies, with her eyes alive with magic.

Running forward, Blyss locked eyes with as many moblins as she could, as well as one of the lizards for good measure. The lizard held strong, but one of the moblins quickly fell under her control. " NOW ATTACK!!!!!" she ordered while beginning to run forward and pull out her khopesh. The command would take effect within a minute, and the moblin would attack whatever it saw, whether friend or foe.
  15. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika and Sec had been travelling for a short time, but had not yet reached the army. However, they were within sight distance, if a bit far away. Sec then spoke mentioning they had not yet seen the dragons, which was true. Perhaps they had taken a detour or gotten caught up into something? Who knows. "I don't know. Anyway, I don't really have much in the ranged department, so I'm afraid I can't exactly do that." He said, still looking around. Rika and Sec were then approached by a Deku; Rika hadn't raised his guard, mostly due to the fact that Ganon's troops generally didn't consist of Deku. Where were we headed? "Well, we're headed there." Rika responded, pointing in the distance at the army. "That is one of Ganon's armies, and it's goal is to destroy Impa, the newly built town on the coast. Unless you want to do any fighting, I'd suggest leaving because this area could get pretty dangerous in a moment." Rika responded, before spotting something in the air.

Two things, in fact! But they weren't dragons. They were lizard-like beings, however. They were Aerofols, winged Lizalfos scouts that generally worked for Ganon. "Heads up. Probably scouting for them to check for more people coming." As the Aerofols flew closer, they looked at the group but didn't seem to pay them much mind. After all, they didn't look like a group of soldiers defending Impa. Of course, they didn't necessarily ignore them either. The Aerofols were flying low to scout, however, they were still a decent height into the air. This would work well for Rika.

"Time to try out my new trick." Rika whispered, waiting for the Aerofols to get close to passing over. As they approached, a small, circular, clear ball of water appeared in Rika's hand. "You should get ready for a slight drizzle." Rika whispered to Sec and Ignis, before the ball of water was fired into the air, whizzing up. The Aerofols noticed it at the last second, both trying to fly back to avoid it. It was pointless, however, as all Rika had to do was think it. Boom. The orb of water exploded, sending water flying everywhere like a bomb.

The Aerofols had avoided some of it due to noticing it at the last second, but were not un-injured. One, wielding a Hawkeye, was injured on it's arm and wing, most likely breaking them and preventing flight. He whizzed to the ground, colliding with it and further increasing any injury he once had. The other Aerofols was luckier, as the blast had damaged and possibly broken his arm, but he was completely capable of flight. Despite the pain he was in and his injured ally, the other Aerofols flew back to Jagon, either for safety or to report this. Little did he know the assault had mostly begun. The water dripped back down, giving the three a slight drizzle. Not that it really made much of a difference.

Rika walked towards the fallen Aerofols, sliding one of his daggers out as he did. "Sorry about that, I felt a little annoyed being ignored. I thought I'd let you know we were down here." Rika somewhat sarcastically spoke, but the Aerofols didn't respond. ". . . So, tell me. Is there any sort of info you can provide about your allies? If you tell, maybe I'll let you live." Rika bluntly and rather seriously said to him, causing the Aerofols to laugh slightly. "As if I'd ever tell you, "hero" scum!" The Aerofols wheezed, attempting to spit at Rika. It was a poorly done spit and didn't work, but the attempt was still there. "Long live Commander Jagon! Long live Lord Ganon!" The Aerofols chanted, as if he was the one winning. Rika quickly stabbed him in the throat, around his jugular, quickly ending his breathing and killing him.

"Too cliche." Rika muttered, sliding his dagger out and making sure not to let any blood spurt on him. After doing that, he noticed the Hawkeye attached to the body. Removing it, he remembered these allow you to see far off easily. "Let's take a look at the battlefield." Rika said mostly to himself, holding the Hawkeye over his own eye. Rika saw a general idea of the forces, and it did not look pretty. He also saw Nicholas- Or what he assumed to be Nicholas, at least. He just charged at Jagon on the horse. Pulling the Hawkeye down, Rika quickly turned to Sec and Ingis. "Nicholas- That idiot just charged that guy. . . Jagon, the Aerofols said? Anyway, we need to get there now, or he's as good as dead. By the way, I'm Rika." He said, mostly the last part to Ingis.

Sliding the Hawkeye away for now, Rika continued forward, keeping both of his hands free. Actively being ready to fire an elemental spell and Aqua Grenade would probably serve him better then a weapon. If he saw any sort of projectiles fired at him, Rika would attempt to deflect- Or more specifically, destroy- them with an Aqua Grenade. After all, you can never be too careful, especially with the injured scout rushing back.
  16. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob watched as a few of the people charged off to the battle. "Shit. Eysseth let's go! Damien hold on we'll pick ya up," Jacob yelled as he jumped on Eysseth. Eysseth turned around and grabbed Damien by his cape and flew off in the direction everyone else went.

As Eysseth flew over the field the sun had set and the moon shone bright. Jacob scanned the area below for any sings of battle. Jacob spotted the Kokiri he had met in the town along with a few other people. "I'm setting us down here Damien. I need to get some info," Jacob yelled looking back at the Hylian within Eysseth's talons.

Eysseth let go of the Hylian a few inches off the ground and then landed as Jacob dismounted her. "Rika. What is the Sitrep? How many still need to be taken down?"
  17. Idarian

Idarian Imperator of Known Space reg

Damien felt the wind rushing past him as the wyvern clutched his shoulders in its claws and soared high above the plains. Below, he could see the group of heroes congregating around each other, as Jagon's forces were nearby.

To battle, then.

"Jacob, release me. I will carry myself on my own two legs from here."

Even as he spoke, Essyeth was already dropping him low to the ground. He felt a brief falling sensation and hit the ground with a metallic thud as his armor and gear rattled. Amidst a ball of airborne dust in the cool, black night, Damien made his surprisingly graceful landing, rolling from his legs to a smooth(er) stop, ending up on his two legs.

He looked over at Rika next to the corpse of the downed Aerolfos and decided he would be best used to join the battle alongside that headstrong fool that had ridden out alone. Springing off of his long legs, the tall Hylian bounded with great speed over the rolling hills, aided by the Pegasus Boots, until he came up alongside Nicholas, who was already challenging Jagon and his minions.

Damien skidded to a halt, his feet kicking up a thin haze of dirt while his cloak waved fluidly forward, wrapping his body in its black-and-crimson folds.

"Hold, friend. You are not alone in this fight. The others are coming."

He spoke to Nicholas rather softly, knowing that Jagon would not likely hear him in any case.

Then, Damien stood tall, letting his towering stature have its greatest effect as an intimidating silhouette against the night sky. He reached his right hand down to his hip and fingered the pommel of his family's sword. The bronze hilt felt cool to the touch.

You shall soon know warmth, my brother. Once again, carry me to victory.

He reached further up the hilt, wrapping his fingers around the leather-skinned handle of the weapon, drawing it slowly and delicately from its decorative scabbard at his side. The blade slid gracefully along the side of its sheath, singing a melancholy hymn into the otherwise empty night (save the enemies across the field). Damien closed his eyes for a moment, savoring his sword's sweet, enchanting ring as it sounded on and on, then slowly faded to a nonexistence matched only by the black of the night sky. Moonlight shone from the well-polished blade of the Faust Sword, creating a pale, almost ethereal golden-white aura that danced as he tilted the sword to and fro, feeling the perfection of its balance and weight.

After a moment's meditation for battle, Damien opened his eyes, which emerged not as empty gems of solemn composure as they usually were, but rather as angry, fiery coals, glowing in the blazing flame of Damien's will and unyielding spirit; coals that were gems to crown the rock hard visage of invulnerable determination and will to prevail. His mouth opened to project but one sample of his voice to his enemies.

"Demons of the abyss, creatures of the darkness, turn back! Return to the shadows and disperse!"

His voice boomed loud and terrifying across the field, slicing clean through the curtain of sullen darkness that was the night air.

As expected, the peons of the Hellfire Company either stood firmer or guffawed at this "weak" Hylian's display of courage.

"Very well then... Prepare yourselves to feel the might of my unbridled wrath!!"
  18. Jagon Fenris

Jagon watched dully as more of the heroes began to arrive. Just flies. He thought to himself. Still, must have caution. He grinned, knowing full well that there were probably more on their way. Three would not have been sent to stop an entire Company, unless they were truly powerful. None of the arrived heroes oozed that strength. No, there would be more, and soon. However, at least these men, and women, seemed capable of action. Many would have been paralyzed at the size of the Hellfire Company, and with him alone. It seemed that the small girl, whom he suspected to be a Kokiri, by the fluidity and practice of her movement, had already charged his troops, and had left several standing in their tracks.

"Moblin's forward!" He called out to his men, pulling back upon his bow, raising it above his head and lowering it smoothly as he did so. It took him only a moment to find his aim, but that did not matter. With a twang, the massive arrow shot forward, a blur of brown streaking through the night. It flew at the mounted Hylian, aimed to pierce straight through his chest. Yet, as it neared him, it altered it's direction impossibly, curving off to spear through the Hylian woman's midriff! Five of the pig-men surged ahead, surrounding him with the clamor of their armor; for now, it seemed that they had ignored the Kokiri. But she would not go unpunished. Four had stayed behind, retreating behind Jagon and preparing for the ensuing battle. The lost fifth brother, who was still frozen in his tracks, began to foam at the mouth, a mad look in his eyes. The Dinalfos of the Company began to inch forward towards their short adversary carefully. Whatever magic she had cast upon the Moblin, it seemed that the Lizardmen were more resistant. The Moblin was the first to act, raising its sword with a mad drive, aiming to run the nearest Dinalfos, which had also been stopped for a moment, through the chest.

It parried, whipped around, slamming its tail into the Moblin's chest, sending it staggering towards the Kokiri. Continuing its pirouette, its chest heaved upwards, gouts of flame spewing from its mouth and igniting the Moblin. Jagon had already knocked another arrow to his bow, and as the Moblin stumbled back, he let loose, the arrow blasting through the flesh beneath its armpit. Yet the arrow continued, dragging the flaming Moblin towards the one that had issued the command. Jagon's eyes widened slightly in realization. A command! The Kokiri had yelled out "Attack!". The Darknut had taken this for some pathetic battle cry. But thinking back, he realized that the moment she had said this was when his men had paused. She was using some form of commanding magic, though he could not yet tell how what what exactly she had done. Still, the flaming Moblin would be stapled to her, if she did not react quickly enough, and seeing as the Moblin had been knocked close to her, she had little time to move, before she was glued to the flaming pig. Permanently.

As Jagon released his first arrow, the pair of Darknuts and Wizzrobes had sprung into action. Already, one was chanting unintelligibly, his eyes glowing a platinum white. Energy crackled around his hands, one color black, the other white. The first of the Darknuts stood in front of the Wizzrobe that was preparing its spell, while the other two move in synchronization. Quickfire spells were cast from the second of the Wizzrobes, a white sheen falling over the second Darknut, who was concentrating energy into its sword, increasing its speed by a small mount, but nearly doubling its jumping power. A moment after, golden feathers surrounded it, then merged with his feet. Lastly, and enchantment of fire engulfed its sword. The spellcasters and the warriors moved as a single unit, demonstrating that they had likely campaigned with each other for years.

The Darknut who had been blessed with the power of its Wizzrobe ally began to run forward, easily outpacing the Moblins that had started for the Hylians just moments earlier. As the Dinalfos engaged its former Moblin ally, the Darknut leapt into the air, while the rest of Jagon's men ignored the tall man's thunderous words. They were dwarfed by their lust for battle, though those that heard laughed madly. Landing in front of his charging allies, the enchanted Darknut shot forward, running towards the area between the first mounted Hylian, the taller man who had called out to the Company, and the second Hylian who was following the first's charge. Hopping just barely above the ground, rotating his body by throwing one side of his body forward, he initiated a great attack, a hurricane of blade and flame. It's large claymore held in both hands. He shot through the air like a spinning top, the Featherfall and Jump spell giving him momentum to skid through the air, as if on ice. The Hurricane Spell created wave after wave of fire that blasted out from his sword as he span, the reach of his technique nearing thirteen feet; enough to slice through all three foes as the Darknut flew between them. They would be burned by the consecutive waves of flame, or cut to pieces by the blade's extended aura, if they could not think on their feet quickly enough. The Darknut skid to a halt several yards behind them, finally landing on the ground. Either way, the horses of the Hylians would probably be taken by fear of the flaming tornado passing between them, and would likely throw their riders from their backs. As for the man who had run up between the two...

As the battle begun on the floor, one of the Aeralfos returned from scouting, its partner missing. Debriefing the others as they dived towards the floor, all three were made aware that more were on their way; and with them, the dragon. They would not be caught off guard. Landing on the ground, one of the Aeralfos quickly grabbed a pair of Power Gauntlets and fit them to his wrists, while another grabbed a Bomb Bag. The strengthened Aeralfos grasped a Cannon with its legs, its claws clutching it tightly. Taking flight, followed by the other two, the Aeralfos went high into the sky, and waited, a Bomb already loaded into the Cannon, and ready to be fired. They would not be caught unprepared. The Aeralfos who had not taken an item had its crossbow loaded and ready to be fired at a moment's notice.
  19. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Before Rika could take another look into the Hawkeye, the dragon rider landed, dropping off Damien. "Just in time." He said, looking back into the Hawkeye as Damien ran forward. Assessing the situation, Rika started speaking. "Alright, so far I think the death total is two Aerofols, a Moblin, and a Lizalfos. They're not doing too good out there, though. Jagon has this. . . this huge wooden bow, there's a Darknut with a giant flaming hurricane spin, the Wizzrobes can cast enchantment spells, so we have to be careful. Here's what we're going to do. I don't know exact numbers, but that's all the species I can see. Dragon Rider, fly in and try to take out the Aerofols. It seems there's three so far. One has a cannon, one has a bomb bag, and I believe the other has a crossbow, ready to fire. Fly in and try to take them out. Go for the one with the cannon first, as it's most dangerous, then the one with the bomb bag. However, if you can get a clean shot on any of the others, don't hesitate to strike. Watch out for Jagon though, make sure to keep moving so he doesn't hit you." Rika spoke to Jacob, before motioning to Sec.

"Like you said, just stay back and support with ranged attacks Sec. Here, use this if you have to." Rika said, tossing him the Hawkeye. Then, there was Ignis. "And for. . . you, I'm sorry what's your name?" Rika asked. Assuming he told him, Rika continued. "Alright Ignis, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you're more of a melee fighter, go and rip some faces off. If you prefer magic or arrows or whatever, either attack ranged like Sec, or support one of the fighters, whichever you prefer." Rika finished.

"As for me, I guess I'll go wreck some carnage. I'll probably need some support, so if any of you want to help me out as I'm about to get impaled, be my guest. Now let's go." Rika walked forward, ready for battle. As he neared getting closer, he started speaking. "Well, Nichola-" He was interrupted by the Aerofols firing a bomb at him from the cannon. Firing a ball of Fire at it, the bomb exploded midair. ". . . Please, do not fucking interrupt me." Rika shouted, shouting the explicative even louder. "As I was saying, Nicholas, you are a dumbass for running off like that. Good job on the strike, though." While Rika said this, he prepared for any projectiles. Most he'd deflect with a Wind spell. If Jagon fired an arrow, however, Rika would fire the Wind spell to slow it down, giving him enough time to dodge it. If Wind was in cooldown, Rika would fire an Aqua Grenade to attempt to destroy it.

". . . So you must be Jagon, correct? The leader of this so called army. You're definitely powerful, I can tell. Perhaps. . . we could battle eventually, that is, if I manage to survive." Rika said, speaking the last portion of the sentence somewhat sarcastically, although it wasn't very obvious in his tone. Rika certainly had balls, but would they step to the plate. "For now, it seems Nicholas wants to battle, so I must wait until your duel is finished." As Rika finished, he quickly darted right, in the direction of the non-enhanced Darknut.

The Darknut was wielding a somewhat large broadsword, which, although it didn't look very heavy for the Darknut, certainly looked like a slow swinger. "Doesn't seem too tough to dodge." Rika thought to himself, making sure to keep at least a few initial feet from them. Rika kept his hands empty, as having a spell ready to fire would be far more handy then holding a weapon. Of course, both his daggers were ready for easy access, should he require a weapon to cut or, more likely, stab. Holding his broadsword up high, the Darknut swung at Rika. The Kokiri swiftly took to action, jumping to the side to avoid being cleaved in half. Where the Darknut swung left a somewhat deep hole in the ground.

This was good and bad for Rika. Bad, obviously, because if he gets hit once it's game over. Good, because if he dodges he has a clear opening as the Darknut attempts to remove the sword from the ground. Just what to do about that pesky armor. . . There we go! Quickly running behind the Darknut, his weak point was revealed; Small, but still noticeable string held together his armor. If he could cut the armor off, even just the helm, the fight would be his. Of course, like all things, it wouldn't be this easy.

Reaching for his dagger, he was cut off as he heard a whizzing noise. One he was all too familiar with. Not even taking the chance to glance around, Rika saw it, a Fire ball flying right in front of where he once stood, separating him and the Darknut. Glancing to the side, there a robed mage stood; a Wizzrobe. In this time the Darknut had successfully pulled the broadsword out, ready for another cleave. "This isn't exactly fair, you know. Two against one? Then again, I shouldn't expect you guys to play fair. Don't worry though, I'll just have to do good enough to beat you both, right?" Rika said, laughing a slight bit at the end.

"Do not mock me, boy. There is no fairness for scum like you." The Darknut, in a deep and perhaps slightly raspy voice spoke. "Name calling isn't nice, you know." Rika said, somewhat mocking the Darknut. He made sure to keep his eyes on the Darknut and Wizzrobe. However, at the same time, he tried to keep Jagon and the Aerofols in his sight, ready to deflect and dodge or destroy any projectiles coming his way. It was a lot to keep up with for a normal person, but then again, Rika wasn't exactly a normal person, either. "So let's play." Rika finished, with a somewhat sly grin on his face. How would this turn out?
  20. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Sexton grabbed the Hawkeye and put it ontop of his head. He was sure that the piece would come in handy because he couldn't see the battlefield without it. "In case we don't make it out of this I'm sorry for bumping into you," Sexton said as the Kokiri fled. He wasn't quite sure why such insignificant thought popped into his mind now. I guess he is wanting forgiveness just for safety purposes, don't want to make the Goddesses angry.

Sexton then turned and looked at the Deku after the Kokiri got out of ear shot, "Sorry for the bosy Kokiri, he apparently can be a bit overbearing." He spoke as he began to examine the Deku, seemed fairly average for a Deku. One thing did spark Sexotn's interest about the Deku. On a staff he held something that looked peculiarly like his Magic Rob with a strange red coloration. He was sure that this guy had some sort of strength that could help. "Don't feel obligated to join the resistance. If you do not wish to fight there is a town a few hours northeast of here. You can take refuge there. Although any strength you can give will be extremely welcomed. I will defend everyone to the best of my ability with this bow." Sexton waved before he headed out.

After climbing up the nearest tree, Sexton cleared any branches in his field of vision with his dagger. He wanted a perfect view of the battlefield, admittedly he didn't get what he originally had hopped. The main point was that the Aerolfos in the right position confused him for part of the tree due to his green clothes essentially being camouflage. Sexton was tired due to the long travel and lack of sleep but he knew that people depended on him. Before he got too comfortable Sexton lowered the mask and in an instant it was like he was in the battlefield. It was a bit unnerving, there was way too much chaos to get a kill shot. Everyone was moving and dabbing around. Moblins were obstructing his view. He stared for his target before finally finding it.

Apparently Rika was being attacked by a Darknut and a Wizzrobe. Obviously his puny arrows would only aggravate the Darknut so his only option was to take out the Wizzrobe. Sexton pulled the bow from his back making the tree creak considerably with his movements, he didn't quite fathom the loudness though. He then placed an arrow and aimed at the Wizzrobe. He might as well have been firing in pitch black darkness, he focused out a little more to see if he could get a clearer shot before firing the arrow. The arrow was aimed for the Wizzrobes skull made a whizzing noise as it flew through the air. The arrow wasn't on mark though, it hit the Wizzrobe but only by grazing his arm. The Wizzrobe held where the wound was and stared at his hand to see faint traces of blood. Sexton prayed that Rika could think on his feet as well as he seemed he could and would use that as a distraction while the wizrobe inquired where the arrow came from.

Sec heard a loud crash as the branch he was on fell to the ground and the tree was set ablaze. He hit the ground with a loud thud very awkwardly sprawled out amongst the tree limbs. The Aerofols had heard him and took aim just narrowly missing him with the cannon. It was fruitful because it destroyed Sexton's hiding place. "I'll take care of this waste of flesh. I can smell Aerolfos blood has been on him. He will pay."

The Aerofols with the crossbow then flew down at breakneck speeds as he fired off a bolt. Sexton didn't see the Aerofols coming and got hit in the leg with one. It was a fairly small bolt but it hit the bone and only protruded slightly from the skin. Sec groaned as he grabbed his leg, "What the hell is happening?" Sexton tried to take the bolt out but an Aerofols had already mounted him with his blood thirsty drooling fangs ready to dig into him. Sexton was terrified, he was scared by normal things but this was just freaky. Sexton hit the Aerolfos in the snout with an elbow which made him roar back at him. Sec farted momentarily distracting the Aerofols but Sec was too much scared shitless to actually take the advantage"Sexton grabbed a broken limb that he cut off from earlier and started beating the lizard with it to get him off of him. Sexton couldn't quite climb to a vertical basis but he did sit up and get his dagger out.

"The blood of my brothers shall not fall in vain. I shall drink my fill of your flesh and then pour your blood over my fellow companions to improve morale." said the slithering Aerolfos.

"That is kind of perverse don't you think?" he said mocking him as he readied his dagger. Sexton slashed forward simultaneously with the lizard. but his claws were probably just as sharp as the dagger. Sexton wasn't sure where the crossbow went but was glad it was gone. That thing caused some pain, though it easily could have done more if it was point blank. These monsters were not anything to mess with. Sexton took out his magic rod and fired it as it gained an icy aura from the ice enchantment. The waves of sheer coldness hit the lizard and began to freeze him alive. Most of the Aerofols body was restricted in the block of ice as Sec stood favoring his leg and slammed a fist into the Aerolfos. "I don't have to kill you. I'd prefer to let the ice do it. Before too long your systems will start shutting down because no heat is entering your body. You will die, rest in piece. Tell your brothers I miss them."

Sec took the bolt out of his leg and tried to step forward, he wasn't as successful as he had hoped. But he couldn't let the pain slow him down he had to help the army. He grabbed up his bow and limped forward, heavily favoring his left leg.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.