Dark Armor

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Devil-Steel, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

A sister spell to Dark Blade used to make a piece of armor that perfectly fits the caster while being much lighter than it would normally be to provide better defense, without hindering agility. Now as this is going to be very light, very resilent armor I think that the cost amount should be moved up from high to higher. Keep it power. And make it normal cost for each subsequent armor peice needing to make a total of X for a full suit of armor.
  2. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    This is great! I play a lot of RPGs that use this type of spell and I'd like to see what members would do with it. Many of us have mage characters who might want a type of "mage armor" to keep them safer while casting.
  3. Devil-Steel

My first character, while not a mage, would love to have it as well. He does reckless things sometimes. XD
  4. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

I like the idea, I don't think each piece should need to be bought though, especially if it's Higher cost. I think just being able to make one kind of armor, then getting subsequent types on purchase would be fine. Maybe instead allowing the additional armor to be worn by others?

I will say though, this wouldn't really fit "mage armor" type thing, you could still use it but I would still make it fall under disabling Magic Power while being worn, assuming they made it out of metals, I suppose they could make some kind of lighter metal armor though, doesn't always have to be plate or something.
  5. Devil-Steel

Choose whatever armor they want made. Be it just bracers and greaves or a full set or just a chestplate. I like that.

Edit: I had listed it as sepearte pieces just due to how strong these pieces would be defensively if done exactly like dark blade.
    • The blade cannot be affected or damaged in any way by the treasures of any being the Darknut mentally designates as his adversary in combat (as by Weapon Curse, or a similar treasure). However, the blade can still be affected by beings of whom the Darknut is not aware, or by neutral environments not created by his designated adversaries.
    That on armor I feel would be very strong, and was why I had had it where each piece needed to be bought separately.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  6. Devil-Steel

{Defensive Spell} Fields: {Protect, Summon} Price = P {Higher Cost}
    Dark Armor
    is a defensive spell. Through momentary concentration, the caster can manifest metal, leather, or cloth armor (head, torso, arms, feet) of any size or form he imagines, so long as its mass less than a quarter his own. Once this armor is created, the caster cannot summon another one for an hour's time, and any newly summoned armor replaces the last. This armor has several benefits over normal armor:
    • For the one who created it, the armor seems to weigh a quarter of its actual weight, and fits the creator's body perfectly.
    • The armor can only be worn by the one who created it, as any other being will be shocked back in attempting to take hold of it. This is a compulsory mental effect, and does not inflict any actual damage.
    • The armor cannot be affected or damaged in any way by the treasures of any being the caster mentally designates as his adversary in combat (as by Weapon Curse, or a similar treasure). However, the armor can still be affected by beings of whom the caster is not aware, or by neutral environments not created by his designated adversaries. This does not prevent the user from taking damage from attacks blocked by this armor.
    • If the armor is not already worn, the caster can concentrate momentarily to vanish from wherever it is, and re-materialize it on their body.
    While the Dark Armor cannot be crafted, it can be modified by the caster if he has sufficient Crafting skills, or any other skilled Crafter the caster allows to modify the armor. In effect, the Dark Armor is treated as a base armor, into which appropriate materials can be melded, granting the weapon the materials' effects. If the caster ever summons a new Dark Armor, any materials crafted into the last one are forever lost.

This spell can be gained multiple times. Each additional time it is gained, the caster is able to wield an additional Dark Armor beyond the first. Any additional armor is treated as an entirely separate intity, with no relation to the first. If the caster already has at least one instance of this spell, it can be gained again as if it had a Low Cost.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2023