Classified: Dastardly newcomer seeks roleplay in Southern Hyrule

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Luneth, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Luneth

Luneth Cesare The Somnambulist new

Title says it all folks.
    In all seriousness, I want to get Luneth involved in some roleplay, and with him currently being in Southern Hyrule, it seems like the best place to get started. I'm up for pretty much anything, so if you're available or interested, yo!
  2. Beefish

Beefish DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE. new

Always up for some roleplay~ got any stories in mind?
  3. Sinistrari

Sinistrari Devious Grins & Hunter of Synonyms reg

I'd really like to offer my Faust* up for a ride but only if the group doesn't swell any larger than than like... 3 members total, though maybe 4 at a push. I know that sounds super-snobby and possessive - sorry! D: - I just think I'm hitting my limits with the amount of threads I should realistically have going on all at once for my characters: excluding Nono. Their timelines are getting a tad hectic.

So.... if not and you do get more attention then no worries! Heck I might even poke my nose in at a later date when I get a new character out because I obviously need more to fuel my RP addiction :lol:

* It'd be really cool to set up some history between the two using this as the basis:
  4. Luneth

I'm very interested! I prefer smaller roleplays as well. I'd love to RP with you!

I'm quite interested in that idea. We could whip something up like Luneth having a distrust of doctors and so an inital distrust of Faust, or perhaps Faust was in Ruto at the time of his father's death? Do you have any other ideas?
  5. Sinistrari

I was going more for the latter: Faust was in Ruto at the time of his father's death. As long as it didn't happen more than 5-7 years ago - which I presume it can't be anyway, for Ruto to be reclaimed(?) - it could work. I like to imagine that Faust does a lot of travelling because of his profession and thirst for better medical knowledge/practice, so it's definitely not out of the question.

He wouldn't have given the diagnosis alone though. You wrote it in plural anyway, but maybe Faust was there with amongst a group of travelling doctors set on offering aid to all Southerners: since it's such an inhospitable place!
  6. Luneth

I like that very much. It could be a step for Luneth to start trying to tackle his relationship with his father. It could definitely work. Any ideas for setting? Town, on the road, etc?
  7. Sinistrari

Hmm...preferably something which isn't a dungeon, so a 'regular' quest thread.

We need to tie Beefish's Griskin into it too, as though Faust doesn't usually attack anything unless it has already established itself as a threat, the rest of Hylian-based society will do - since the poor guy is a Moblin. So somewhere on the road would be the best bet.

Perhaps Faust's services as a doctor have been hired for a caravan of merchants or something, one of which has fallen ill as of late and needs constant attention. They could've recently bumped into him elsewhere and saw it as a goddess-gifted opportunity. They need to transport their fellow merchant to a safe habitat but he won't survive without any assistance along the way, so Faust begrudgingly accepts though also because he gets a ride back to civilisation instead of having to hire a horse or walk.

The caravan could then either get attacked by bandits (for true cliche!) or instead breaks down.

It could always bump into Griskin and Luneth along the way. Though perhaps the caravan stumbles upon the two as they begin interaction? Maybe a little commotion is started as though Griskin is a lovely creature I'm not sure Luneth would not attack him if approached by a Moblin, especially raised as he was in Southern Hyrule. Griskin could just be trying to ask for directions.

Or...something like that.

Let me know what you think too, Beefish!
  8. Sinistrari

Oooor...Faust is just cruising along on a hired steed to his latest job. It could be to help someone that Luneth discovered and in an odd twist of fate it's Faust who ends up answering his call again.

Griskin could be being held as a prisoner under the (false?) suspicions that he caused the damage/injuries.
  9. Beefish

Sini I wish ideas would come as easily to me as they do to you because I like both of those things for Griskin :XD: Either asking for direction, or being accused of causing the injuries, they sound good to me. Griskin would probably be travelling to the nearest settlement, if he saw something going on on the road he'd want to help out, rushing in might be misinterpreted.

But don't feel like you have to squash him in, if you prefer a smaller RP. I don't mind butting out if he complicates the plot without adding anything :unsure:
  10. Sinistrari

What :cry: NO! :hno: You got here first! You're not allowed to leave! (Plus RPing with you is always fun.)

Personally I think the second scenario would give us all something more to work with but not for very long? It feels like it might be too short unless we throw something else into the mix halfway through. Turn it into a murder mystery oooooh~

While the first setting is very loose, so we may end up grasping for straws but at least it's all very open. There'd quite literally be anything we can do once the group forms. It's...just a question of what.

I personally prefer my second idea. But if you're on the fence, Beefish, then the final decision comes down to Luneth! (Though it's worth mentioning that I'm still open to any other ideas in case anything awesome pops up.)
  11. Beefish

The second one sounds more like an actual conflict - I like the murder mystery thing, like this guy's been discovered, and Griskin and Luneth seemingly have contradictory witness statements or something :O
  12. Luneth

I'm also leaning very strongly towards the second idea. Perhaps Luneth finds the body and apprehends Griskin nearby, bringing over Faust to help and quickly learning Griskin couldn't have committed the crime for whatever reason, and so they go searching for whoever did.
  13. Sinistrari

Marvellous! It's settled then! :oncie:

By the looks of things the posting will probably be best like:
    1. Luneth
    2. Griskin
    3. Faust

If you two need to get a 2nd round (or even 3) of posts in before Faust literally enters the scene that's fine, just give me a heads up!

As for setting I would personally prefer somewhere in Northern Hyrule, like Hyrule Field or Woodfall, but honestly don't mind either way if somewhere else suits you two better. Regardless it won't be anywhere super close to any towns: at best you could maybe see a settlement on the horizon, from which Faust will be travelling from.

Not sure how Luneth would've sent for help. Maybe another NPC or group of NPCs were nearby and ran off to somewhere with more civilisation? Or maybe Luneth is too focused on apprehending Griskin and getting justice to think that far - Faust could just hear the commotion.
  14. Beefish

I don't really have a preference for the location, so I'll leave that up to you two.

If the guy they find is actually dead, should we establish exactly how that happened first amongst ourselves to avoid confusion later or just wing it? :XD:
  15. Luneth

I'm up for Woodfall. I love that area, and I was tryin' to get a RP there back when I started. Apologies for my absence the past few days.

I think Luneth trying to apprehend Griskin and being approached by Faust would work best. Luneth would be more focused on catching the killer then sending for help, he's confident in his abilities. He does sort of think he killed his dad, after all.
  16. Sinistrari

No worries, life has been stepping up for me lately so I'm delayed in getting some of my own posts out at the moment!

I guess he was meant to be just injured initially wasn't he? :lol: But never mind, let's kill him as it provokes a more interesting RP.

As for what actually happened, I think it'd be more fun if we left it open for now. If any of us get any ideas about the true mystery behind it all though we can post them up here whenever! But for Griskin to be put on the spot as the culprit we should at least say that the NPC died (apparently*) due to a stabbing.

* I can already feel a handful of my own ideas sprouting up but the question is, how knowledgeable is Luneth? Would he be able to tell what sort of weapon caused a certain stab wound? What about the likelihood of the stab wound being the actual killer?

It'd be great if his medical knowledge was limited so I could use Faust as a detective to possibly put some of my ideas into play later - if you all don't mind? - but I don't want to break Luneth's character. I'm just testing the waters!
  17. Luneth

No, he wouldn't. He has practically no experience or knowledge in that particular area. His areas of focus are more history based. Feel free to put your own ideas into play!
  18. Beefish

I know you're mostly directing that question towards Luneth, but as from my perspective I say go for it :XD:
  19. Sinistrari

Great! :n_n:

So I guess that's everything for now then? Luneth, the honour of starting the thread is all yours, I believe!
  20. Luneth

http://forums.hyrulecastle.org/inde...n-unfounded-justice-luneth-sini-beefish.2949/

Thread's up. Sorry, exposition got a little long for a first post! I got kind of swept up in the forest and I wanted to set the scene well. It's just a tad off the path of the forest, so Faust and Luneth would both plausibly be in range, and Griskin also could be within range of the victim. Anyways, like I said, thread's up, I hope it's not an inconvenience!!

Posting order is:
    Luneth
    Griskin
    Faust
    As Sini said earlier. I'm really excited to see ya'lls replies!
    Sinistrari likes this.