City in the Sky (BP Tsubori and Razgriz)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Tsubori, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Alternating the use of his speed boost and gliding, Cy'stavio was flying towards a place he'd discovered entirely by accident a few years back. With the large city coming into view, he was quick to land and rest his arms. He'd been flying during a massive windstorm, and tried to fly above the storm. Higher and higher he went, until he discovered this place. He was wary of it to begin with, but the Ooccoos were nice enough. He'd even made a decent friend in one named Hedjyn. 

Landing down on the platform next to a large pool of water, Cy'stavio looked around briefly. "Just like always." he muttered before hearing a voice with a heavy Ooccoo accent.

"Ah! Cy'stavio, my friend! I recognized those black wings right when I saw them. So I assume you have them?" She hobbled closer, watching the Rito reach into his pack, pulling out three bags of seeds. "There you go. And you know how much I hate this delivery crap. You're lucky we're friends." 

"Yes, yes, the whole 'Anti conformist' thing. Shall we continue inside? It's windy, and I'd prefer to not lose the seeds to a gust of wind. The two started walking towards Hedjyn's shop, and Cy'stavio knew why she was going to such measures for the seeds. Few things grew naturally in the city, so they had to have many vegetables and such grown in to give them enough food. As they were about to reach the door, walking along the pathway, a shadow covered the lane, and a roar rang out. 

Looking up, the Rito saw a massive dragon, the likes of which he'd never seen. "That's new..." He said, keeping it calm. "I certainly don't think that's yours, huh?"

"N-no!" Hedjyn stammered. "I've never seen that thing in my life."

Cy'stavio let out a sigh. He knew the Ooccoo weren't warriors, thus would be torn apart by something like that. "I'll collect my pay for killing this thing with my drop off fee, okay? Stay inside and wait for me in your store. I'll also let any others know." He looked at the sky, with the dragon landing on the pillar top, as if waiting.  "Alright, you bastard, get ready..."
  2. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Re: City in the Sky (Tsubori and Razgriz)

Kalik flew as fast and hard as he could, following the shadow in the sky that frightened him earlier. He hadn't needed his own ability to sense these things or Valoo's signs, it had literally flown overhead as he was following another sign in the paths of the animals. The wind was blowing hard at his back and he beat his wings as hard as he could, his fatigue showing as beads of sweat fell and were scraped from his skin by the ferocious wind. The thing could undoubtedly move faster than Kalik, whether the wind was on his side or not, but it could not be allowed to escape, it had to be removed from existence; such was Valoo's will.

After hours of flying, the clouds began to give way to a massive complex in the sky; buildings floating and connected by bridges in the same way as if there were merely a stream below them, as opposed to kilometres of open space. It was like nothing he'd ever seen; it seemed to float as calmly a bird gliding, but was as massive and seemingly immovable as a mountain... And the beast just landed at it's peak. Flying directly at his adversary, Kalik knew this fight would be beyond his skill; but such a thing could not be allowed to exist.
  3. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Re: City in the Sky (Tsubori and Razgriz)

Ni'Ran gasped, taking in a gulp of water as he did so. Immediately wide awake, he sputtered a bit in the water -he'd never been a good swimmer- and managed to get himself over to the side. It wasn't until he sat there, on the edge of the basin, with the wind mocking his hair and his feet still in the water, that he realized it.

He was alive. Alive! That thing had knocked him clear out of its lair, but it had let him live! The water had broken the Rito's fall, his sword was still around his waist (though he'd want to clean it ASAP before it rusted), he had not plummeted to his death, Alice was sitting right there on a fence around the water basin, he was still alive.

"Are you okay, Alice?" Ni'Ran held out his arm, letting the Kargorok land on it. "Did I worry you? Sorry about that." He stood up. "Still, we'll have to go back in there..." Then, a deafening roar resonated through the area. Ni'Ran turned around and saw the vague, small silhouette of his former adversary in the far, far distance.

He didn't get much of a chance to look at it. Immediately after the roar, fierce winds got to the Rito and swept him off his feet. "NO NEED TO BE A JERK ABOUT IIIIIT~"
  4. Tsubori

When Hedjyn went inside, Cy'stavio was about to take flight when he noticed something. The wind was quickly picking up. Keeping himself grounded, he clutched one of the walls to avoid being blown away. "Always making things all damn complicated..." Inching along the wall, Cy'stavio eventually made his way to the entrance to the other building. Hedjyn had gone into her shop, so he wasn't particularly worried about her.

Within this next building there were many platforms, and the wind was gone. That was certainly a good thing. A few Ooccoos were scrambling about, being crazy in their tongue, but Cy'stavio ignored them for now. There were some gaps between the blocks ahead, so the Rito got his wings ready and as he jumped off the edge, glided across. His wings were sore as all hell from flying up here, so he wanted to use them as little as possible until he rested them. At least getting back down to Hyrule would be easier. Gotta love gravity.
  5. Razgriz

As Kalik began to ascend the massive pillar with the massive beast roosting, the wind turned from a strong gust to an indomitable current; his wings became almost as useless as if he were in water. There was no way he could make to the pillar in this wind, at least without dying on the way.

His wings began to buckle under the stress of the wind and his fatigue. In a last ditch effort to survive, he began to dive, and seeing that he had overshot his target, folded his wings to his side to increase the speed of his descent; well, more like a free-fall at this point.

Just as was about to land, Kalik tucked into a ball and tried to roll out of the crash, it was only a partial success. The crash didn't kill him, but he sure as hell looked like it did. The hard fall had left bruises throughout his body along with massive scrapes and cuts on the spots that actually touched the ground. The worst was his back, if it weren't for the dirt in it, it would have looked like it was intentionally removed. Barely able to control his body through the pain, Kalik crawled, inched even, forward to the nearest building. Making it through the door, he was immediately met by platforms, a lot of them. 'Seriously? now?' he thought to himself, wincing in pain as he brought himself to his feet.
  6. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Ni'Ran managed to grab on to a solid pillar and could wait until the winds died down a little. Then, he made a run for the door to the nearest building, which, when he reached it, shielded him from the fresh winds. He managed to open the door and slip inside.

Once inside and sheltered, he rested against the wall and exhaled. "That was close, Alice..." He looked up. No Kargorok. "Alice?" ...great. So now not only his keepsake had been taken, but also his pet. ...and with her, the scale from Valoo! "Oh no, you big bully, I don't think so!" He leapt to action, his sword out, and started walking towards the door he could see from here.

Halfway there, he saw another Rito taking flight. What a relief, but Ni'Ran could not follow him right now. That would mean sheathing his sword, and he didn't feel like giving up his best weapon here. Instead, he sped up.

"Ahoy!" he shouted, "My good tribesman!" He had no idea how his brethren addressed each other nowadays. He just went with what felt right. "Can you hold flight for a second? Four arms will fight better than two!"
  7. Tsubori

Cy'stavio heard the door open behind him. He gave a short glare and a sigh as he saw a Rito. He didn't really know or care what had happened after stealing the package and running from dragon roost island, so for all he knew he was a wanted criminal and there were people after him for the knives. He didn't hide his mistrust either. "Oh great, a damn Rito. First a dragon interrupting my happy place, and then of course I get one of you breathing down my neck." 

He then noticed the sword. Not really standard issue among postmen... "Hold on, you don't seem like one of those delivery morons. For one, most of them don't carry around longswords." He was wary as hell too, with one hand still over the knife, ready to block or dodge at a moments notice.
  8. Razgriz

Kalik crawled silently behind a nearby pillar, blood slowly dripping from his wounds; trailing to his location and causing him to become dizzy from it's loss. Propping himself up on pillar, he produced his silver flute and brought it to lips.

For a moment, the notes escaped him as he tried to recall one of the songs he had undoubtedly spent days on end memorizing. Even as he remembered, his shaking hands could barely hold the flute as his breathing raced and became even more unsteady. Only after a minute of concentration, trying to control his hands and breath, did the Rito manage to play the Song of Healing. Even in the poor, uneven speed and quality that was the best he could manage, it worked. His torn clothing reknit and his weapons repaired; even the blood that seeped into the book "bleed out".

With a slow painful reach back, he felt the injuries, and indeed they were still there. Scabbed and not bleeding, but far from healed. Slowly standing up, using the pillar for support, and cringing in pain, he knew that he didn't stand much of a chance against a moblin, much less a dragon. But this quest was not his own, Valoo had decided that this was his path; and he should die before he reached it's end, then at least he dies on it.
  9. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "Oh, I haven't been on the island for many years," Ni'Ran said, laughing. In all fairness he was a bit bothered with how this Rito spoke of his tribesmen. "I wouldn't know if the postal service carries around weapons these days. They really should if they know what's good for them... really dangerous stuff out there."

He reached his tribesman and wanted to pat him on the shoulder, surprised to see him vault out of the way. "Uh... as far as that dragon is concerned, it's got a very valuable friend of mine hostage. I think. So I'd love to help you take it out if that's where you're headed." This guy seemed to be hostile or at least antisocial, but Ni'Ran could deal with that.

Better company than Argorok. "Name's Ni'Ran."
  10. Tsubori

Cy'stavio looked at Ni'Ran scrutinizingly for a moment before turning away. "Whatever. Do what you want. I know for sure that I'm not doing anything to risk my neck for you though." He then saw Kalik shambling around, looking like he was rather injured. He then turned away, walking towards the door to the next room. 

"I'd suggest helping that guy out. He looks about ready to collapse. While you're at it, make yourself useful and figure out if he's from the island." 
  11. Razgriz

He'd been spotted, or at least heard. The others in the room knew he was there... and weak. 'At least they didn't seem hostile, well probably not.' he thought to himself, still struggling to regain control of his body and suppress the pain.

Not wanting to let them know he was injured, Kalik's mind raced. "I'm fine, just thought the only ones I'd find here would either run or try to stab me; but if we're after the same thing, let's get moving." He said, almost mumbled to the others there. Walking forward and limping slightly, he made it to the edge of the platform and was about to jump, when the blue tile he was standing began to rumble and slide down; him with it. 'Not another one' was the only thought in his head as he lunged and jumped for the side of another tile, pulling himself up.
  12. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Ni'Ran saw the third Rito stepping on stones that promptly dunk into the abyss below them the second they registered his weight. With his injuries, that was a serious mortal threat- and one Ni'ran wasn't willing to let a tribesman face alone. He sheathed his sword, leapt down to the tile the other birdman was climbing to, and grabbed his hands. "No buts," he said, "Just hang on."

After signalling that the other had to clasp his hands together around Ni'Ran's shoulders, the golden-eyed Rito took off, flying back to solid ground where the grumpy one was waiting. It looked like he was in fine company. Two of his tribesmen, although he didn't recognize them so they probably didn't know the past him, one of them injured and the other one less than friendly.

He couldn't do much to soothe the injured one's wounds, sadly. "Grumpy boy," he said, "Do you have anything to treat Cripply's injuries with?" He then looked back at the one he had just called Cripply and smiled. "I don't intend to call you that all day- it's just that I can't recall your name and assigning you numbers just feels so unpersonal. I'm Ni'Ran."
  13. Tsubori

Cy'stavio shook his head at Ni'Ran's title for him. "Grumpy boy? Are you fucking twelve?" He leaned against a pillar, taking note of how helping the older one seemed. The younger one was injured, and from how he looked, seemed like Cy'stavio could keep him in line however he wanted. He hated having teammates... So he simply decided to go ahead into the next room. "Alright, Mo'Ron, when you're done playing doctor for the kid, feel free to catch up. Or not, whatever." 

The Rito didn't really care that he was being mean. He still didn't fully trust either, and that made him much more difficult to work with. Walking through the door, he then surveyed the next room.
  14. Razgriz

Kalik stood back up after being carried across the room. Two "tribesmen"? He hardly considered himself a Rito anymore, at least in the way most were. Still, this couldn't be a coincidence, but it didn't seem like a message either, something else entirely.

Thinking about it didn't help though, not now. Pulling himself up, he followed "Grumpy Boy" into the next room; even he had to crack a smile when the Rito was given the name, although "Cripply" didn't sound much better. The next room was massive, filled with rows of pillars and door at the end; at least he thought it was a door. His vision was swimming now but he didn't want it to show and straightened himself up and began walking toward the end.

Hopefully there won't be too much more walking.
  15. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Aha. It looked like neither of his tribesmen had gotten the hint. That said, experience had taught Ni'Ran that most people tired of his nicknames rather quickly, so sooner or later they'd give in and give him their names. That, or he annoyed the living hell out of them for the remainder of the partnership. Either way suited him just fine. "I'm thirty-seven, actually," he said in response to Grumpy Boy's question, realizing that these two were fledglings compared to him.

So now he was responsible for two teenagers, he had to find his pet, and he had to kill Argorok. So many responsibilities... "Aaah, what a pain..." In the next room, he looked around. At a first glance nothing seemed to be up... but he couldn't be sure. He of all people knew how sneaky Ganon's minions could be. They could conceal themselves extremely well, and jump out when one least expected it.

His hand slid to the hilt of his sword without him even consciously realizing it. His own combat instincts were taking over now. "Be careful, you two. Don't let your guard down."
  16. Tsubori

Cy’stavio took a few steps forward, until he heard a strange grunting beside him. He jumped at the last moment over the now rushing Helmasaurus. The creature spun around and the Rito took note of another one approaching. With a smirk, Cy looked at the ledge nearby and saw an Oocca hiding from the two saurian beasts. With the first one near a ledge, Cy’stavio knew how easy it would be to take it out. It would charge again soon, so he had to act quickly.

He jumped into the air, placing one of his knives in his teeth, then proceeded to shift his arms to wings. Before he’d even set himself fully into flight, he focused on his brace, making him jet forward, knocking the Helmasaurus right off the ledge. He then used his speed to glide up to where the Oocca was.

“Yo. What’s going on?” He asked calmly, leaving the other two to deal with the last enemy.

“We locked everything down when that dragon showed up! But one of those smaller ones took the key and hid it in Daru’ma’s house!” The Oocca was clearly freaking out.

“Which is?”

“J-Just over there, outside this hole here… But be careful!”

Cy’stavio barely heeded the warning as he turned back to the other Rito. “Hey, I’m going to get the key. When you’re done playing with that lizard, follow me or sit and socialize. Don’t really care.” He then walked outside, bracing for the wind.
  17. Razgriz

Kalik stood in the massive room and took in it's size and glory, he hadn't seen a room this big since he was still a hatchling in Dragon Roost. He normally wasn't someone to stare or appreciate something like this, but to have such a massive structure fly continually was amazing; that, and the blood loss seemed to be doing it's part.

Finally coming to his senses, he realized that the group was under assault from an armored lizard, and that one of his companions seemed to have already fled outside. It seemed that this monster was his... If he could stand and fight. Flicking his wrist pushed a needle into it and he prepared to launch it, hoping to end the fight in one telling blow. Pushing his nails into his back again, Kalik stood and watched as the thing charged forward. He had to wait, much of his strength was sapped in the fall and his not as steady as before. Indeed, to stand a chance of hitting the exposed eyes, he would have to give up all hope of dodging it if he missed. The mass of metal and flesh quickly closed the distance 50 metres, 25 metres, 15 metres... finally Kalik's nerve snapped and he threw the needle, aiming for it's exposed right eye.

The needle flew the air far shakier than most he thrown before, yet still surprisingly straight. Deflecting off the part of the helm closest to the eye, the chunk of metal did exactly the opposite of it's purpose and ricocheted the projectile back down and into the eye, skewering it far enough to reach the brain and kill. In the reptile's last moment, it tripped in pain over it's own legs, and rolled instead of ran toward the Rito pair; stopping only a few metres from them.

Dropping to the ground, Kalik knew his luck, if the beast had been bare, than the needle simply would've pierced the skin and been deflected away by the skull, the edge of the helm curved inward, directing the spike to it's target.

Trying to stand only lead Kalik to fall back to his knees, head spinning and seeing stars. Suddenly, he noticed his hand was covered in blood, not merely dripping some as he expected; those last moments of adrenalin-fueled focus had cost him dearly.
  18. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    When Cripply, with immense luck, took out the armored lizard, Ni'Ran's attention was drawn to his immediate right. Another Helmasaur came rushing at him, and he quickly unsheathed his sword, slashing out but the sword skidding off of the helmet. Ni'ran sheathed again, creating distance between himself and the monster. When the Helmasaur came for him a second time, the Rito decided to not take any chances.

Hand on the hilt, he slashed upwards, launching both himself and the monster up in the process. In midair, he pulled another slash, this time over the unprotected belly of his adversary. It clearly sufficed, and as Ni'Ran felt his ascent slowing down, he hurried to sheathe his sword again. He then spread his arms, changing to his wings, and slowed his descent.

however, by the time he got within reasonable distance from the ground, a sharp pain coursed through his arms and his feathers disappeared. "What the flying-" he crashed to the ground, catching the impact with his feet. Thankfully he had not been too far up anymore, so he got out largely unharmed, if incredibly shocked.

Of course. Alice had his scale of Valoo. If Argorok had kidnapped her, he was probably outside the scale's area of influence... meaning that he lost his wings. Well, crap.
  19. Tsubori

Cy'stavio stepped out into the cool air, whipping around at high speeds. Taking flight here would be suicide. In the distance, the Rito could see a small dragon-like creature flying away from the building the Oocca had specified. So, their fight wasn't going to happen now... He'd track it down later. He shimmied across the short ledge, eventually finding himself on a bridge to the building. 

Running across it, Cy'stavio had to stop once due to the winds, throwing him into the ledge. It hurt his back a little, but he'd tough it out. Walking through the door, Cy'stavio looks around and saw that the building was devoid of enemies. He could see a small chest on a platform just off of the main floor. Forming his wings, Cy'stavio flew towards the platform and took the key from within, starting to head back towards the main room. 

When he arrived, he saw the two other Rito, still chilling there. He flew down towards the locked door and unlocked it. "You guys want to just wait at the entrance? Doesn't look like either of you are cut out for this." He said, a sneer on his face.
  20. Razgriz

Kalik sneered at the one with the key, he was grumpy indeed. But, at least in part, the other was right, in his current state he could barely fight the more mundane enemies in here. There was no way he could kill the massive presence he sensed here. But retreat was not his way, if he died here at the hands of the monster, than he would die on his mission, not live and fail it.

He stumbled through the door to his left, and across the bridge, falling to the ground periodically to avoid the high winds. As he entered the room, he sighed. In a place with almost constant high winds, why did they need turbines?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.