Character Myers Briggs / Keirsey temperaments

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Saria, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Saria

Saria Severely Acute Radical Syndrome reg

I really like knowing random things about people's characters. If you haven't been able to tell. :kermit:

What are your characters Myer's Briggs types?

Anyways, if you don't know how to figure it out here's a rundown it's really easy:

Attitudes: extraversion/introversion (E/I)

Show Spoiler

The extravert's flow is directed outward toward people and objects, and the introvert's is directed inward toward concepts and ideas. Contrasting characteristics between extraverts and introverts include the following:

• Extraverts are "action" oriented, while introverts are "thought" oriented.
    • Extraverts seek "breadth" of knowledge and influence, while introverts seek "depth" of knowledge and influence.
    • Extraverts often prefer more "frequent" interaction, while introverts prefer more "substantial" interaction.
    • Extraverts recharge and get their energy from spending time with people, while introverts recharge and get their energy from spending time alone; they consume their energy through the opposite process

Functions: sensing/intuition (S/N)

Show Spoiler

Sensing and intuition are the information-gathering (perceiving) functions. They describe how new information is understood and interpreted. Individuals who prefer sensing are more likely to trust information that is in the present, tangible, and concrete: that is, information that can be understood by the five senses. They tend to distrust hunches, which seem to come "out of nowhere". They prefer to look for details and facts. For them, the meaning is in the data. On the other hand, those who prefer intuition tend to trust information that is less dependent upon the senses, that can be associated with other information (either remembered or discovered by seeking a wider context or pattern). They may be more interested in future possibilities. For them, the meaning is in the underlying theory and principles which are manifested in the data.

Functions: thinking/feeling (T/F)

Show Spoiler
    Thinking and feeling are the decision-making (judging) functions. The thinking and feeling functions are both used to make rational decisions, based on the data received from their information-gathering functions (sensing or intuition). Those who prefer thinking tend to decide things from a more detached standpoint, measuring the decision by what seems reasonable, logical, causal, consistent, and matching a given set of rules. Those who prefer feeling tend to come to decisions by associating or empathizing with the situation, looking at it 'from the inside' and weighing the situation to achieve, on balance, the greatest harmony, consensus and fit, considering the needs of the people involved. Thinkers usually have trouble interacting with people who are inconsistent or illogical, and tend to give very direct feedback to others. They are concerned with the truth and view it as more important.

Lifestyle: judging/perception (J/P)

Show Spoiler

Myers and Briggs held that types with a preference for judging show the world their preferred judging function (thinking or feeling). So TJ types tend to appear to the world as logical, and FJ types as empathetic. According to Myers, judging types like to "have matters settled".

Those types who prefer perception show the world their preferred perceiving function (sensing or intuition). So SP types tend to appear to the world as concrete and NP types as abstract. According to Myers, perceptive types prefer to "keep decisions open".

People can have weak or heavy tendencies one way or the other.

Keirsey temperaments: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keirsey_Temperament_Sorter

... I'm pretty sure my losers are

Wiki: Inventor, E (slight preference) N (heavy) T (moderate) P (moderate)
    Spaghet: Inspector, I (heavy prefrence) S (slight) T (slight) J (heavy)
    Navina: Protector, I (heavy preference) S (heavy) F (heavy) J (moderate)

:kermit: So yeah.
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    im p sure Julie-J is INTJ, with no real preference to I or E.

Lucian would probs be ENTP or something mang, idk