Bottom of the Well [Mag & BP]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Blonde Panther, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    The Bottom of the Well
    Curse of the Skeleton Kingdom: part 1 of 3
    - Horus Falconer, Ikanan Swordsman (3/2/4 Hylian) [Blonde Panther] Reward: Quick Draw + Quicker Draw Augment.
    - Luna, the Ice Princess (1/5/2 Hylian) [Blonde Panther] Reward: Ice Aura, -5 Rupees.
    - Kalvar Darhun, Hylian Archer (3/1/4 Hylian) [Magnere] Reward: Ring of Silence, Lens of Truth.
    Ambient Music
    The math on Horus and Luna's rewards (open)
    Horus: Rupee Balance unchanged.
    Combined cost of Quick Draw and Quicker Draw: 35 Rupees due to Hero's Legacy and P3.
    From Horus's Dungeon Reward: 10 Rupees (Leaves 25 Rupees)
    From BP's Dungeon Reward: 25 Rupees (Covers the rest of the Treasure; leaves 15 Rupees in BP's Dungeon Reward.)

Luna: -5 Rupees
    Cost of Ice Aura: 30 Rupees due to Specialty [Ice] and W5.
    From Luna's Dungeon Reward: 10 Rupees (Leaves 20 Rupees)
    From BP's Dungeon Reward: 15 Rupees (Leaves 5 Rupees)
    From Luna's Profile: 5 Rupees (Covers the rest of the Treasure)

This was getting out of hand fast. Horus realised that if they stayed, they would sustain injuries they couldn't afford. Behind him, with her back to his, Luna must have realised the same, for she turned around and reached for his hand. He took hers and they started to run- Horus cutting down one last Stalfos before crashing through the opening this created, sheathing his sword and putting one arm behind Luna to ensure she wouldn't fall behind without him noticing. Miraculously, the Stalfos didn't pursue them, and they only ran for about ten minutes before Luna's legs gave out and she tripped, falling to the ground and forcing Horus to stop.

They had just gone out to hunt, hoping to snag a Guay to eat tonight, when they had been beset by a small squad of Stalfos, each bearing the livery of Ikana on their tattered armour. "That was bullshit," Horus said as Luna sat up with her back against the nearby tree to catch her breath. "Ikana's men are supposed to leave us alone."

"Something was unnatural," Luna said between breaths, but Horus wouldn't listen.

"As soon as you catch your breath, we're going to the castle and I'm going to rip Igos a new one. He gave my father permission to stay here in Ikana with us, and that permission is supposed to have been passed down to me when he died." He crossed his arms, looking in the direction of the second-biggest structure in the land of the dead. He didn't get it. The Stalfos in Ikana weren't like the Stalfos elsewhere. He wouldn't use the word hospitable to describe them, but they tolerated the presence of the living as long as they didn't cause trouble. Now, Horus knew he wasn't the most pleasant of people to be around, but as far as he knew he didn't go about causing trouble for the Undead.

Not wanting to keep him waiting for too long, Luna soon got to her feet and nodded. "I can walk," she said. "Let's go, Horus."
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
  2. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Kalvar was jolted awake by a sudden pain in his side. It almost felt like someone had kicked him. His eyes sprung open as his body suddenly became visible again. He had thought that sleeping on the ground in the literal middle of nowhere would prevent someone from tripping over him. He had guessed wrong, apparently. He often slept without a fire, a tent, or any other basic camping gear. It was easier for him to hide anything willing to cause him harm, granted it did have a few drawbacks, this being one of them.

As quickly as he could, he rolled away a few feet before jumping to his feet. Removing his bow from his back, Kalvar held the bow in front of him. Holding it low as to be prepared, but not too seem immediately threatening. He carefully examined the duo in front of him. A boy and a girl, red and bluish hair respectively. Both seemed to be armed, and also seemed to be in a hurry. It appeared to be a complete accident that they had somehow ran into him sleeping.

However, with the times being as they are, it felt more prudent to ask them before he jumped to any conclusions. "Excuse me, but you seemed to have interrupted my sleep." Kalvar almost laughed at how awkward it must be for the two, but he held back any laughter. It was weird enough to run into a barefoot hylian with a bow that was previously invisible, there was no need for laughter.

"Not to be rude, but perhaps you could inform me of where you are heading?" Kalvar asked.
  3. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "TRIPLE GODDESS DAMNED-" Horus's walking pace was rudely interrupted when he tripped over absolutely nothing, narrowly avoiding falling flat on his face and continuing to swear for a few seconds before finally looking behind him what the hell it had been he'd tripped over. Luna, in the meanwhile, had simply taken a step back and was now unabashedly looking the Hylian over. She hid her surprise at the person having suddenly appeared out of nowhere, but lightly raised one foot as he drew a bow.

He held it low, yes, but he had also just tripped Horus, robbing her of her protector for a precious few seconds. It was times like these Luna wished she were more confident to fight on her own, and for the umpteenth time she wished she had a greater variety of applications for her magic. When Horus got back to his feet, drawing his sword in response, she set her foot back down and stepped slightly to the side so she ended up partially behind him.

"Interrupted your sleep?" Horus asked, raising an eyebrow. "Who sleeps in the middle of a plain? And how come I didn't see you? You're not exactly easy to miss now that you're standing here." Luna touched one hand to his arm, drawing him back to reality. He realised the man had asked a question. "Where we're going? The castle." He shifted his weight back a little so he could stand more at ease, less hostile, and pointed his thumb over his shoulder. "The Stalfos just tried to rip our heads off and we're going to demand answers from His Majesty."

"You are," Luna corrected him quietly, but didn't press the issue. She was used to following him around, and even with his reckless and irrational nature sometimes, being at his side was safer than being alone.

Horus rolled his eyes at the correction, but didn't confront her about it, instead continuing to speak to the Hylian. "Come to think of it, you look pretty alive. I'm Horus, and this is Luna. We live here. Who are you?"
  4. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Right away, Kalvar could tell something about the group of two. The man obviously had an anger problem. That much, was certain. The girl obviously seemed to care for him, but the man was heavily protective. He immediately drew his sword, and that, Kalvar had expected. He did just seemingly trip over nothing, and then suddenly an armed man was standing in front of him. If Kalvar was in his situation, he would surely be a little unease as well. It wasn't every day a magically invisible archer appeared in front of you.

So the duo was heading to the castle, apparently. Kalvar had noticed some strange behaviors from the Stalfos lately. Granted, they were never able to find him, which made observing them easier. But apparently the king of Ikana had done something wrong, or at least his people did. However, Kalvar was surprised that the man said he was going to demand answers from the king. What kind of person was he that he felt like he could make demands from a king? Perhaps there was more to this man than he thought, or he was just crazy and angry. At least the girl seemed to be rather sensible.

After the man had introduced themselves as Horus and Luna, Kalvar lowered his bow entirely, and returned it to his back. Any Hylian that lived in Ikana must be immensely special, especially if the king knows about it. A secret resident of the kingdom wouldn't demand anything from the king. After clearing his throat, Kalvar started to introduce himself. "My name, is Kalvar Darhun, son of Jaren Darhun. I hail from the city of Kakariko, before it's destruction years ago. I've came to this kingdom mostly to explore the area." Kalvar started to smile a little bit, now was the time to brag himself up.

"While most people would never think of trying to enter Ikana. However, I learned years ago the secret of Invisibility. I could demonstrate, but I believe you've both already seen." Kalvar gently motioned towards the ground where he once lay. "I've came to learn the area for any future needs. I like to be prepared, and I was passing by the kingdom, and my curiosity was peaked. I figured it would be a good opportunity." Kalvar held out his hand to shake. "No harm done?"
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  5. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "Kakariko, huh..." as Kalvar put away his bow, Horus did the same with his sword and stepped forward to shake the other man's hand. "I'm sorry to hear that. I was born in Rauru, myself, and it suffered the same fate." He glanced back as Luna turned away to survey their surroundings and made sure they hadn't been pursued after all. She couldn't talk about places of origin, as she knew nothing about hers. "A small group of us fled here, led by my father, Pierce Falconer, and we were given permission to stay here for as long as we felt was necessary. Which is why I don't buy the sudden change in behaviour." He shook his head. "You chose a bad time to visit. Not that Ikana is a place for tourism in the first place."

"That said," Luna said, seemingly to no one in particular, "Invisibility would greatly increase one's odds of survival. Although the Stalfos aren't stupid enough to forget an opponent exists because he vanished in front of their eyes..." she continued to mutter to herself about possible other uses for the ability, but Horus had already turned and gestured towards both of them that they had to follow him.

"If you insist on staying, you'd best stick near us until His Majesty agrees to call his men back," he explained to Kalvar. "We're no bodyguards, but we can fight and we know the lay of the land. Also, be careful of ReDeads," he hurried to add, pointing at one of the animated corpses in the distance. "Stalfos are sent running or at least second-guessing when you kick the skull of one of them off his spine. ReDeads don't have that common sense."
  6. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    So they were allowed to live here back when their own town was destroyed, which seemed rather nice of the King here. But it was still a rather strange story. Regardless, it made sense, and that was what mattered. As Horus recounted his tale of how he arrived, Kalvar felt inclined to add more to his own story, "I was too young to remember anything, but I escaped with my mother to the refugee caves in the west." It was true his father had remained to fight, but Kalvar didn't want to talk about it.

It was rather strange to hear the girl, Luna, get lost in thought about the possibilities of Invisibility. Though, before her mind went to wild with ideas, he felt the need to tell her the most important thing about his invisibility."I'm only invisible when I don't move. I have to be perfectly still, or else I'm completely visible." Hopefully, that helped answer a few of her questions. She seemed to be the type of person to over think things, whether this was true or not, Kalvar didn't entirely care at the current moment.

As Horus pointed out the dangers of the land Kalvar nodded. "I promise you won't have to worry about me, I wouldn't have survived this long if I couldn't fight." Smiling, he pulled out his Hawkeye and placed it upon his face. Mentally commanding it to zoom inwards, he was able to see a redead in full perfect view. It was almost as if the monster was right next to him. The thing looked like a hideous mess of walking flesh, and was disgusting to look at. Kalvar retrieved the device from his face, and was about to put it away when he got an idea. He offered it to Horus to take a quick look. "Just place it on your face, it's like a telescope."
  7. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Horus wasn't sure why Kalvar felt the need to offer him the hawk-like carving, but he placed it over his face and turned in the direction of the castle. As he wished he could pull the image closer, it did so- within moments, he was staring at the castle gate as surely as if he had been right in front of it. And he didn't like what he saw. "Huh." He pulled the Hawkeye off his head and returned it to Kalvar. "That's just great... Hey, Luna." He turned to the mage. "We've got a problem. The castle gate is closed and there's at least four Stalmasters guarding it." So King Igos was as locked inside the castle as Horus and Luna were outside it. "We're not getting in that way."

"There's an alternative path." Those words were music to Horus's ears. Luna always had a backup plan; when Horus wanted to tear his hair out of his head, she knew exactly what to do to solve their problems. She'd yet to fail him in this regard. However, she didn't move yet. "The well just outside the village ruin is connected to the one in the castle courtyard. We don't get much rain here, and the Undead don't need water, so the wells fell dry long ago and no one's bothered to do anything about that." She crossed her arms. "Whether or not we can take that route depends on how comfortable we are with passing by ReDead and who knows what else, though..."
  8. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    So the castle gate was locked, and the only way inside was an old abandoned well. Though the girl did say that they would have to pass by some ReDead and possibly other monsters to get to it. Kalvar had not had to fight any ReDead before, but they seemed rather straight forward. He's heard several rumors that they don't feel pain. Some say that burning them is the only way to kill them, others say decapitation. He guessed he would find out soon enough, though he was not so sure how his arrows would affect beings who feel no pain.

Kalvar looked over the little group, a swordsman, an archer, and the girl. Kalvar found himself asking if she had any combat experience of her own. She was lightly armed, but not entirely suited for melee combat like her friend Horus. Perhaps the girl knew some magic? That would make some more logical sense. Growing up a refugee in a monster filled country probably provided some motivation to learn at least some viable form of combat. Regardless, Kalvar figured her abilities, whether they be magic or not, would show itself rather soon.

If the well is the only way inside the castle, then they had no other choice. Kalvar felt almost like it was fate that had led him to meet these two. He felt compelled to help them on their quest, rather of major importance or not. It was the least he could do for them. "If we must enter the castle, and the well is the easiest way, then I wouldn't mind passing a few ReDead."
  9. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "You're welcome to join us, then," Horus said as he started to move in the direction of the ruins Luna had spoken of. He knew where the well was, they'd passed by it several times when exploring and hunting in the past. "We could use some support from behind." He didn't like bringing strangers along, but he wasn't eager to be responsible for the death of a traveller, either. Even if he had no business being in Ikana in the first place.

They reached the well within some ten minutes of steady marching and avoiding the gaze of Stalfos patrols. As he walked up to the mostly-collapsed structure, Horus wondered if this was what it was like on the plains outside of Ikana, but before he could ask Kalvar, he saw Luna leaning into the well and trying the metal ladder that had been hammered into its wall. "It looks like it can support me," she said before either of the men said anything, "but I think the two of you are heavier than I am."

"You go down first, then," Horus said, as much as he hated to send her into unknown territory alone. "Worst-case scenario I'll figure something out to get down there as well." As Luna descended, he turned to Kalvar. "I'll follow behind her." Like hell he was going to leave this stranger alone with her. "You can follow me, or if you changed your mind, now's your last opportunity to leave." With that, he swung himself over the ledge and started climbing down into the well. "Hey Luns," he called down, "You there yet?" No response, and his voice echoed uncomfortably between these walls, so he shut up and climbed further down in silence.

He tried to ignore the ominous creaking noises he heard as he did so, and hoped that he was imagining them or at least that it wasn't the ladder.
  10. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Upon arriving at the well, Kalvar quickly noticed that the surrounding areas were covered in old ruined buildings. Who lived here before the monsters took over? Did Hylians ever live here, or was it some other race. Kalvar quickly shook the thoughts from his mind. Now was not the time for questions. He could ask Horus and Luna that question, and more, later.

As the girl offered to go first, due to her being so light, Kalvar silently agreed, nodding his head. He was about to suggest him going second, on account of him most likely being lighter than Horus, but then the man turned around and said he would follow behind her. It was clear the man didn't entirely trust him, and didn't want him alone with Luna in the bottom of the well, even if it was for just a few seconds. He was obviously super protective of her. Kalvar made a mental note not to get in between the two of them at any point. At least, not until they started to warm up to him.

Before Horus started to climb down the ladder, he told Kalvar that this was his last chance to leave, if he desired to. He had no intention of leaving, especially not when they had just found the well. They could obviously benefit from his presence, but then again, who wouldn't? Planning on seeing this through till the end, Kalvar hopped over the edge of the well. Grabbing the ladder, and following the Ikanian duo downwards.
  11. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    The moment Luna set foot on the floor of the well, she heard them. Faint voices, whispering to her as a breeze of wind... except there was no wind in the enclosed space. Ikana was home to not only Stalfos and ReDead, but Poes as well, so Luna was fairly accustomed to the concept of ghosts. But whereas the Poes were generally friendly or at least kept their distance from them, the spirits that spoke to her now were far from. She tensed up with focus as she tried to decipher their words, and make sense of the horrible things they said would happen to them...

"Hey, Luns." She gasped for air and her hand shot up over her shoulder when someone touched her; the back collided hard with Horus's face and he reeled back, putting his hands to his nose and giving a shout. "What was that for? You just hit me in the face!" Luna muttered she was sorry, but Horus quickly calmed down when he was certain his nose wasn't broken from the little tap Luna had given it. Kalvar came down behind him, so Luna turned around, realising there was no passage here, and she mentally prepared herself for the reaction Horus would inevitably have to this. "I thought you said there was a passage here."

Horus turned to Kalvar, now frustrated. "Well, I guess that's that. We've got a problem. Unless these walls have secrets to hide, Luna was wrong." He frowned. That made no sense. He'd never known Luna to be wrong in these things. "Any ideas, either of you?"
  12. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    As Kalvar descended, the first site he saw was Luna smacking Horus in the face. Kalvar took a step back, not wanting to get in between the two of them. The poor girl, she must be frightened down here. She apologized, Horus took a short while to calm down, but eventually did so. He apparently also had an anger problem too. Kalvar would try his best to stay on the hylians good side. No need for causing trouble.

Strangely, he felt like there were voices whispering in his ears. Kalvar has trouble focusing on them, as they sounded more akin to a windy breeze. But It obviously wasn't, as there was no source for the wind to be coming from. There was no passage ways, no holes in the wall, just an empty room. Horus turned around and stated the obvious, there were no ways out, and unless there was something hidden, they were stuck. "I'll take a quick look around, I know a few things about illusions."

Starting at the wall closest to him, Kalvar placed his hand against the cold stone wall. Walking forward, he ran his hand against it, trying to find any abnormalities. Finishing his brief examination of the wall, he walked up to the next wall. Kalvar placed his hands on the wall, or at least, that is what he tried to do. Instead, his hands went directly through the wall. Not prepared, Kalvar lost his balance and fell directly through the wall. Catching himself with his hands, he didn't take any noticeable physical damage, It only wounded his pride slightly. His feet were still sticking out the other side of the wall.
  13. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Kalvar was as unwilling to accept this end of their mission as Horus was, and started to feel up and down the walls. Horus gave a nod at the sight, acknowledging it was a good idea, and started to do the same on the other side of the well. Knowing Ikana, there could be any sort of illusions, mechanics, or magics at work here... Luna stayed in the middle of the room, looking back and forth between the two men and ocassionally whipping her head around to look over her shoulder, hoping to see the source of the voices she kept hearing.

When Kalvar made the unexpected motion of falling through the wall, Luna jumped a mile and staggered backwards, walking right into Horus's outstretched arms. "Whoa, buddy!" Horus called, letting go once he knew she wouldn't take off in her startled state, "Are you okay?" He approached the wall, sticking his arm through it and waving it up and down. "Huh. There's no actual wall here." At those words, Luna approached too, and was less cautious as she walked straight through it. On the other side, there was a large cavern, with a gutter of standing water marking a path through it. It appeared to be a tunnel of sorts, but from here, Luna couldn't tell which of the walls she saw were real and which weren't.

"Looks like we aren't the first people to find this place," she heard Horus say behind her, and she turned around to see him kicking the remains of a corpse that was chained to the real portion of the wall behind them. "Let's just hope we don't end up like this chump." She turned around to walk back to him. Noticing her, Horus turned around and held out his hand so she could grab it in case she was afraid. He'd learnt over time to not ask her if she were afraid, she wouldn't give a straight answer anyway.

Likewise, Luna had learnt that whenever something like this happened, Horus wanted her opinion on the new situation. She nodded to Horus and turned to Kalvar as she began. "We appear to be in some primitive form of sewage," she explained. "I don't know how long the water has been standing still here, so don't try to drink it. I also sense danger, so there might be hostile monsters or traps. And... keep an eye out for illusionary walls like this one."

"Remember," Horus added, "We're not here for sightseeing. We're here to get to the castle. Which should be in... that direction?" he turned and pointed away from the wall they had just come through. "So keep looking for ways in that general direction. Also, Kalvar," he added as he specifically addressed the stranger, "Don't stray. Luna's right, this place isn't safe. I don't think we want to be caught by ourselves in here."
  14. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Kalvar nodded as Horus informed him to stay close. This was unfamiliar territory, and even though they have never been here before either, they knew about Ikana and all it's residents, friendly, and not so friendly. He retrieved his bow from his back, and held it in his hands, prepared for trouble. Hopefully they wouldn't run into anything too difficult, though he we pretty sure most of the monsters in Ikana, he would have trouble with.

A Stalfos's lack of flesh would cause him have to aim for the head to deal any real damage. ReDeads were also tricky. While slow and easy targets, they seemed rather resilient, and could take quite a lot of damage before going down. He had only had to fight one ReDead before, and it took quite a few arrows. Any Keese or Skulltula would be easy enough to handle, that is, if they don't notice him first. Kalvar worked best with surprise attacks.

It was painfully clear to Kalvar now just how protective Horus was of Luna. There would be no way he would allow Kalvar to take his usual position in the back. He was no frontline soldier, and worked best from a distance. If a fight broke out, he could stand a short distance away and pick off enemies one by one, without getting damaged at all. However, Kalvar knew that he would have to take the lead this time. Horus would want to keep him in eyesight at all times. Sighing, Kalvar spoke up. "I'll take the lead"

Kalvar kept an arrow on the string of his bow at all times as he walked down the tunnel. A horrible stench emanated from the water in the middle of the tunnel, so Kalvar stuck to the sides. Occasionally, He placed his hand on the wall to make sure it wasn't illusionary, but hadn't yet found another fake wall. However, he happened to stumble upon a fake floor, which he immediately fell through.

Kalvar landed on his chest with a rather loud thud. Groaning as he got up, kalvar immediately froze in place as he looked around the new room. It was a large square room, with nothing really special about it.However, that was not to say the room was empty. A total of four ReDead immediately took notice of the Hylian intruder. Kalvar cursed under his breath, and hoped that if he was able to turn invisible quick enough, they wouldn't notice him. However, his plan failed, as one of the monsters started shuffling it's way over to him.
  15. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Kalvar volunteered to take the lead, saving Horus the trouble of talking or shoving him to the front. He wanted to be able to keep an eye on him, make sure he wouldn't try anything funny with Luna. "Good," he said. "Keep your eyes open." Giving Kalvar a head start of a few steps, he held out his hand to Luna and let her walk beside him, enabling him to keep an eye on the entire party. Distrustful though he was, he didn't want to be responsible for a stranger dying here, either.

Of course, seconds after he thought that, Kalvar hit a bad spot and tumbled straight through the floor. Horus jolted, clapping both arms around Luna as he anticipated danger for her too. When nothing happened, he slowly eased up, using one foot to explore the area Kalvar had fallen through. Finally, he pushed through the ground too, letting go of Luna and kneeling near the camouflaged hole. "Luna, dispel the illusion. I can't see shit."

"I can't," Luna said. "I'm an ice mage. I can't do anything with illusions. Kalvar?" she called down, waiting a few seconds. No response. "So... should we go down and see if there is anything left of him to be saved?"

"And I thought I was morbid," Horus muttered, looking around and grabbing hold of the fence next to the hole, trying to rattle it. It didn't give, so he decided to chance it, taking out his grappling hook and hooking it behind them. Giving another tug on the rope just to make sure, he then tossed it down the hole. "I'll go first, see if it's safe..."
  16. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    "I'm fine, at the moment, but I could use some help!" Kalvar said slightly panicked. The four ReDeads all started shuffling over to him, knowing arrows did almost nothing for damaging these ungodly monsters , he quickly drew his long sword from its sheath. He took a quick swing at a ReDead that tried to smack him with it's arm, but missed horribly. He was well aware of the stories of what would happen if a ReDead got a hold of you, and was rather frightened. The room wasn't very wide, only about 10 or so meters wide, but Kalvar backed up as close to the wall as he could to prepare to defend himself. He severely hoped the Ikanian Hylians would hop down soon and help him.

No sooner than that thought had appeared in his head, a rope suddenly appeared from the ceiling. Kalvar was about to sprint up the rope when he instead saw someone's leg descending from the rope, most likely Horus. He had hoped that he would not have to fight these monsters face to face, but if Horus was coming down to fight, then Kalvar had to stay as well. No sense in leaving the man down here alone, even if he was a capable fighter.

One of the ReDeads was moving faster than the others, and was about to reach the rope. Kalvar quickly dropped his sword on the ground with a loud clang, and did what he was best at. Grabbing his bow as fast as he could, he quickly fired an arrow directly at the face of the walking corpse. The arrow flew right past Horus's leg and stuck itself in the monster's jaw. The ReDead recoiled from the fire, but didn't seem to take any noticeable damage. Kalvar hoped he had distracted it long enough to give Horus some slight breathing room.
  17. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "You okay down here?" By the time the ReDead made its way back to the rope, Horus had descended far enough to ram his foot into its face. The impact dislodged the rotting head from the shoulders, and as he landed on the ground, he delivered another vicious kick to the thing's chest, causing the body to fall over backwards. It didn't get up, and Horus nodded towards Kalvar before turning his attention upwards and whistling sharply. "Luns!" he added, "Come on down! We've got a bunch of dead people in need of cooling!"

Instead of drawing his weapon, he held out his arms to catch Luna when she leapt down through the fake floor, landing in his arms and immediately jumping back to the ground, followed by the loud CRACK of leather breaking the sound barrier. The nearest ReDead froze over as Luna drew her whip back, dispelling the blue glow over it, and gave another vicious lash that connected with the frozen ReDead and shattered its chest, causing the rest to fall over as well. "Two left," she muttered. "Something's strange... do you sense anything?"

"Yeah," Horus replied. "There's something else in here that needs us dead... and it's not these zombies," he added as he landed his foot in a sturdier ReDead and pushed it back. "It's something bigger. Something badder."

"Worse," Luna corrected his grammar as she held out her hand. "But I agree. We should be careful and press on to the castle as quickly as possible."

"Eh?! I don't think so." While Luna started to conjure up an ice spike, Horus put one hand in his side as he held his crossbow with the other. "Whatever it is, we're going to want to take it out so it can't chase after us! We don't know what awaits us at the castle and I don't want to be caught between two enemies!" He turned to Kalvar. "Am I right?"
  18. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    It was as he suspected, Luna knew magic. But more specifically, ice magics. Kalvar was actually impressed when she froze a ReDead solid, and was shattered into pieces as she struck the undead monster with her whip. The two of them easily dispatched two of the ReDeads with ease, when they seemed to simultaneously sense something strange.

Now that they mentioned it, Kalvar did sense something as well. If it wasn't for the fact that he rarely used his sense ability, he would have doubted them. He tended to rely on his sight more often than not, which he realized was ironic because even he relied on illusions to safely escape dangerous situations.

When Horus asked him, he immediately spoke. It was obvious what to do next. "As much as I would rather avoid conflict, Horus is right. Why face two dangers at the same time when we can fight them separately. Doesn't make much sense to do otherwise."

Tempted as he was shoot one of the remaining ReDead, he refrained from doing so. Not only were Horus and Luna both in front of him blocking his shot, but arrows didn't seem to do much damage towards the undead monsters. Not feeling pain obviously had a few advantages. At least, he figured they didn't feel pain. If they did, then they didn't react to it.
  19. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Luna wasn't sure if she agreed with the logic the men applied. There was nothing to indicate hostility from the king and his soldiers. However, if both Horus and Kalvar were against her, then they were the majority, and she would not argue any further. "Very well," she said, landing the palm of her hand against the newly-conjured ice spike, sending it flying towards one of the remaining undead. "I bow to Horus's wishes on the matter."

Horus nodded, having made his decision. "Okay then. Let's see if we can't wrap this up and then we'll try to pinpoint where it's coming from." He launched a bolt, shattering Luna's ice spike moments before it would collide with the ReDead and sending shards of ice flying into it. It staggered, its atrophied muscles hindered by the sudden cold, creating an opening for Horus to close the distance and deliver a vicious kick to its neck. It snapped, the ReDead falling to the ground and Horus turning on the ball of his foot, drawing his sword mid-turn to bisect the last ReDead.

For a few seconds, the Ikanans only waited, standing still as they focused their senses, until Horus got to his feet and sheathed his sword. "Looks like there's nothing else here." He looked around, finally pointing to a tunnel. "I think that's our way out of this cavern and either back up or deeper inside. Does anyone else see another way out or shall we be off?"
  20. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    The Hylian pair worked together incredibly. As she threw an ice spike, he shattered it in mid air with one of his bolt. The shards of ice exploded into the ReDead creatures, shredding their undead flesh. Soon after, all the remaining ReDead's were perished. Easily dispatched by a kick from Horus. After a few seconds, Kalvar relaxed. It appeared that all the undead beasts were dead, so he bent down to pick up his sword of the ground, and resheathed it.

"I don't think I see any other way." Kalvar said after Horus asked for another way out. "I'll check first, but I hope you don't mind me being a little more cautious. Especially considering I fell through the floor into a room of undead creatures." As he spoke, he started feeling around, similar to what he did once they entered the well. However, he found nothing exciting. He did find a loose brick in the wall, but as he pulled it out, there was nothing behind, so he ignored it. Eventually, he stood up and faced the two of them. "The room is clear, no illusions here. At least none I see."

Gripping his bow a little tighter, he notches an arrow on his bow and starts leading the way down the tunnel. He felt like an idiot for falling in the first place, and then being practically useless in the fight. Kalvar frowned slightly, he hoped that later battles with these two wouldn't shove him uselessly in the back. But if all they ran into was ReDeads, then he was going to have trouble. They didn't really seem to notice arrows sticking out of their flesh.