Boko Flower Bud Supply

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Doc Genz, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Name: Boko Flower Bud Supply
    P/W/C Type: C
    Appearance: A small pouch, or a growth on a plant-based creature. It releases an unending supply of little purple buds at the user's will. These buds have visible roots at the bottom, which will instinctively point to the ground when dropped.
    Description of Function: Placing one of these buds on the ground will cause it to slowly sprout and bloom into a full Boko Flower. A Boko Flower is a colorful and exotic flower that only a player creature can enter. Larger races such as Lynels and Darknuts cannot enter a Boko Flower. Once inside, the Boko Flower will chew on the PC as if they were an insect the flower was trying to catch and digest. After a second the plant will notice that the PC is too large or otherwise unfit for consumption. The Boko Flower violently spits the PC vertically to about nine times their own height upwards, or otherwise much higher than the Jump spell or Roc's Feather. Now fully in the air, the PC has a vantage point to sail down with their Deku Leaf or similar floating treasure. The explosive ejection may also be used to smack down and attack smaller flying enemies.

Limitations: Placing down multiple buds is largely pointless, as they take half a minute to fully grow and don't do anything other than their stated purpose. If the user attempts to pour many of them out quickly they will simply vanish in puffs of smoke and not take up any space.
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

How does this look?

Since the treasure's based on canonical stuff, I opted to use the canonical names for Boko Baba Seeds and Baba Buds. I also gave an option to grow a full Boko Baba. The effects of the treasure you described are still in-tact.

If something's amiss about it, let me know, and I'll see about changing it. If you approve of the treasure as-is, then I'll make it official.
  3. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    The flower part was just to keep it in theme with the Deku Flowers they were based on, but the title is fine. The ability to make a full Boko Baba is a pretty good idea but I wasn't sure at the time if that bonus would go through. With all these uses I will probably get a lot of use out of the treasure in the future.

Everything checks out, it's got my stamp of approval.
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Alright, then it's officially added.