Body Reinforcement

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Devil-Steel, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

This technique allows the user to temporarily strengthen a part of their body making it as hard as steel. The body part that has been augmented body part gains a dark grey color to it. When first learned only one part of the body can be affected at one time. For each time gained after the first one additional part of the body can be affected at one time.
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    This can basically allow a user to become like Tetsutetsu.

Full approval.
  3. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Sorry for the delay. Here's a write-up draft I did, adding some information and balancing things. Let me know if there's anything about it you dislike or that you'd like changed.

Also, Cloud would like to change the name from Body Reinforcement to Steel Body. How do you feel about that?

PWC: Normal Cost Power
    Fields: Earth, Empower, Protect, Fist

Body Reinforcement is an offensive technique. When learned, this ability allows its user to temporarily harden a part of her body, enhancing its durability. The enhanced body part becomes as durable as steel, and generally takes on a dark grey color. Enhanced body parts conduct heat and electricity more easily, akin to steel, and the user may find herself more susceptible to these elements without proper protection. Additionally, the enhanced body parts become heavier, and the portion of their enhanced body may feel more tense or sluggish. While the length this hardening effect can be sustained varies depending on the proficiency of the user, most users tend to find her effects wear off after up to 30 minutes. After the effect has been deactivated, any previously enhanced body parts tend to carry the same tense sluggishness they held for around the same length of time the effect was in use, and reactivating the technique on that body part before this tenseness wears off risks damaging her muscles.

When this treasure is obtained, the user selects one of the following body parts:
    Head, Torso, Left Arm and Hand, Right Arm and Hand, Left Leg and Foot, Right Leg and Foot

They may enhance this body part with Body Reinforcement at-will. Once it has been obtained, a user may obtain Body Reinforcement again as a Low Cost treasure, and choose another body part from the above list. This may be done as many times as desired, until all body parts are obtained. Multiple body parts can be enhanced simultaneously.
  4. Devil-Steel

Maybe add an Ease of Use Augment at High/Higher Cost that removes the tenseness/sluggishness and maybe even alleviates the added weight.

Could also add in an Eternal Augment that would turn it into a major treasure if they have EoU and all 6 body parts.
  5. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Sorry for the late reply.

I am against adding an Ease of Use augment like that, because removing those makes this treasure insanely powerful. Imagine swinging around steel pipes the size of a small log(or larger, depending on the race), but without the incredible weight and cumbersomeness that brings. That's way too op I think. Removing the tenseness maybe I could compromise on, but I think the added sluggishness and weight are a necessary balance that should not be removable.

As for an Eternal augment once they have all 6 body parts, I am fine with that.
  6. Devil-Steel

Did this ever get added to the library?
  7. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

I don't think so, since it was still being worked on with no reply. If you're fine with the state of it above, I can add it.
  8. Devil-Steel

Yeah i think its fine as is.