Basath, The Rito Scout

Discussion in 'Accepted Characters' started by Devil-Steel, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

Name: Basath

Race: Rito

Place of Origin: Dragon Roost Island

PWC: 3/1/4

Treasures:

Racial Traits:
    Winged Flight
    Valiance
    On The Breeze

Normal Treasures:
    Profession: Scout Level 1
    Shuttle Loop
    Augmented Hawkeye
    Ring of Silence
    Straight Shooting
    Summon Ammunition

Rupees: 5

Equipment:

Basath carries a longbow and quiver of arrows, as well as two short swords across his back.

Appearance:

[​IMG]

Basath stands at an average five foot ten inches, and weights a meager eighty five pounds. His underbelly is covered in white feathers, while his back is covered with brown feathers with black tips. His tailfeathers are patterned white with black stripes. He has a curved yellow beak with a black tip. He wears a leather breastplate, covered with a traditional Rito cloth over his chest, and a second cloth wrapped around his hips and thighs. He wears leather straps over his talons that would be the Rito equivalent of sandals.

Personality:

Basath has always been the nosey type according to those that know him. Not the type to stick his nose into people personal business, but rather the kind that would always go and see what was the cause of smoke, or that strange sound was. People always told him he was going to get himself into trouble for seeing something he shouldn't have. Aside from his uncontrollable urge to go see what things were, he was a bit of a troublemaker. Always taking things that didn't belong to him, but was always fairly meek when caught. He's also a bit of a coward, scared of fights, but that cowardice always seems to vanish when he sees something he wants. Always comes right back when he gets caught though.

Background:

Growing up on Dragon Roost Island, Basath always found himself in trouble as a child for taking things that weren't his. His father had a bit of a temper and would always scream and holler at him when he got caught which caused him to develop the need to apologize during any confrontation. He was terrified of his father and apologizing seemed to be the only way to placate his anger. As he got older he developed a habit of investigating strange sounds and strange sights, which worried his mother. The normally timid boy would run off and find all manner of things, but had no way to protect himself. His mother worried he was going to get himself killed.

Her constant worry drove his father to start teaching him how to use a sword, or at least that was what was supposed to be happening in their training sessions. However due to his father always yelling and scaring him it seemed like the young rito wasn't learning anything at all so his father stopped trying to teach him and instead told him to stop running after everything he saw and heard so he wouldn't worry his mother.

While he father thought he hadn't learned anything, he had just been unable to show him the results of his training when he started yelling. He had already mastered the shuttle loop attack, if only his father could have stayed calm, he might have been proud of him for the first time ever. Unfortunately without his father there to teach him he couldn't progress his swordsmanship any further.

This was when he switched to trying his hand with a bow and arrow. While he could always use the shuttle loop technique to get into the air and fly away, it wasn't a sure fire way to protect himself. He figured if he could fight from further away he could fly away if things weren't looking good. Perfect solution for a coward like him. It took much longer for him to master the bow than it did anything with the sword since he had no one teaching him, but eventually he did it!

Unfortunately for him, his father didn't approve of him using a bow. Told him he needed to fight with a sword like a real man and took his bow from him, forbidding him from ever using it again. That was his final straw. He wrote an apology and farewell note to his mother, and that night snuck into his dads storage and took not only his bow back, but his fathers hands free hawkeye, and ring of silence. That'll show him! Sneaking onto a ship Basath would head to the continent of Hyrule.

Once in Hyrule everyone wanted him to join their parties at first. A flying scout with a hawkeye that didn't make any noise was invaluable after all! The first party he joined seemed great at first. The rouge helped teach him more with the bow, while the warrior of the party realized he was more suited to dual wielding swords and with their help he became more than just a scout. He became a full fledged member of the party. At least, that's what he thought. One night he saw them divy up the reward and he only got a fraction of what the rest got because he was 'just a scout'.

This angered him to no ends. He stole the party leaders share and flew off in the middle of the night. This cycle repeated a few times before he got a reputation as a thief and no one would team up with him anymore. Each time his sword and bow skills got better, eventually learning to lean more on his bow than his sword.

One day he was flying around when he spotted a Twili and Gerudo napping under a tree. An odd pairing to be sure, but what truly caught his eye was the gem sitting on the ground beside them. He could survive off of that for awhile! Swooping down he would land nearby and walk up silently and grab the gem before turning to walk off before taking to the skies again. Only things didn't go the way he wanted. The Twili had apparently woken up and something grabbed his ankle. When he looked down he saw shadow tendrils wrapped around his ankles and before he could break free of them he was hit in the back by something. As soon as he hit the ground he had a sword to his throat. The Gerudo was now awake too it seemed.

"YOU THINK YOU CAN STEAL FROM ME AND GET AWAY WITH IT!?" The Twili was furious and as he approached Basath, all he could hear was crying and begging. "I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME! I'LL RETURN IT! I'M SORRY! LET ME MAKE IT UP TO YOU! PLEASE! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!" It was beyond pathetic and even this violent Twili couldn't stomach it. Kicking Basath in the stomach he would send him off the path and into the grass. "STOP CRYING ALREADY!" Letting out an annoyed sigh, he would crouch down in front of the Rito. "How exactly do you plan on making it up to m... Before the Twili would finish speaking the Gerudo would chime in. "Forget about the kid and lets go. We still have to scout out the base for this job and find our target. We only have two more days, we don't have any time to waste on someone like him."

The Twili knew she wasn't wrong but didn't like being told what to do. "Did you forget who give the or... Once again the Twili would find himself cut off. "THATS IT! I'M A SCOUT. I'LL SCOUT IT FOR YOU IF YOU LET ME LIVE!" The result of his cutting off the Twili, a hard and heavy punch to his stomach. "You know I was just starting to forget about you, but that's not a bad idea. You'd be able to see much more from over head. Get up and follow us." Well he got what he wanted but at what cost? He had just signed a deal with the devil without knowing it.

Once they reached the base Basath took to the air and surveyed every aspect of it before return to the duo and telling them everything he saw. They didn't doubt what he had told them, probably because they knew that he knew that they would kill him if he lied and they lived. They made a plan and quickly executed it. With them on their mission he turned around and started walking away, thankful to just be alive. That Twili was much scarier than his dad. At least his dad had never hit him. The shock of having almost died had his mind in a fog when he felt a hand on his shoulder. His heart dropped. Did he miss something? Did he forget to tell them something? Did something bad happen to them so they were back to kill him?

Turning around it was without a doubt the two of them, but what surprised him was the Twili holding out a pouch towards him. "Well go on. Take it. It's your share for scouting for us." With a gulp the young rito would take the pouch almost dropping it under its own surprising weight. "This much just for scouting?" He was surprised, not only was this more than any other group had ever given him, he had scouted so they would spare his life. "You did a hell of a job scouting. Did it quicker and better than either of us could have. Why don't you join us? We always have use for a scout, just don't ever try to steal from us again, or we will find you and kill you." While he was terrified of the Twili and his offer. His threat was about what he expected. This was the first time someone had praised him though. The first time someone wanted him around. The first time someone said they needed him. so of course his answer was...."Of course I'll join you!" And with that the duo became a trio and set off to find their next job.
  2. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    This checks out! Enjoy your quests.