Atulu, River Zora Magic Spearman

Discussion in 'Accepted Characters' started by Devil-Steel, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

Name: Atulu

Race: River Zora

Place of Origin: Eyeglass Lake

PWC: 3/4/1

Treasures:

Racial Traits:
    Amphibious(Innate)
    Zora Weakness (Electricity, Innate)
    Boomerang Fins
    Augmented Aqua Grenade
    Business (Profession)

Normal Treasures:
    Profession: Magic Spearman Level 1
    Augmented Fire
    Aqua Aura

Rupees: 5

Equipment:

Atulu carries a spear for combat.

Appearance:

[​IMG]

Atulu has an imposing figure for a river zora. He is much wider and muscular than most of his race, but he is also relatively short by comparison. Standing at only five foot four inches tall, but weighing in at one hundred eighty pounds. His mouth is full of razor sharp teeth and his left head fin is pierced. His scales are a shade of deep teal, and he has tribal markings around his eyes, running back behind his head fins.

Personality:

Atulu is as rough as you would expect from a river zora. With all of the civilized races looking at them as monsters for their appearance and typically feral looking behavior it is no wonder why. Atulu isn't much different from the rest of his species in that aspect. Never one to shy away from a fight, and doing whatever he must to survive. While his impressive build actually masks his affinity for magic. He actually prefers to do his fighting at a distance, rather than get up close and personal.

Background:

Growing up in Eyeglass lake Atulu made for a great hunter and explorer. In his early years he fought tooth and nail against not only desert explorations, but any would be threats to his home. This resulted in him developing a naturally large frame, a frame that masks his intelligence. As he grew older Atulu practiced with traditional magics of his people, the aqua grenade. This was the first thing he practiced as it would help him survive away from his aquatic home, and in the desert not far beyond it. As he grew older he also came to master the fire spell and aqua aura as additional means of magical offense and defense.

He felt you could never have too many tools at your disposal in a fight. The more he could weaken and tire things out before they got close to him, the better. This is why he excelled at defeating beasts that his brethren couldn't. They would charge in and meet them head on while Atulu would play a game of cat and mouse with them slowly weakening them before turning around and putting an end to his wounded and exhausted prey.

His life would continue on very much the same everyday for years, until a strange group came to the swamp. They announced that they were on a quest to reach the lower wilds and were seeking passage through the lake. They didn't want to be seen as invaders, they didn't want to get lost, and most of all didn't want to have to fight their way through the lake as they knew they would be overwhelmed. Most of his brethren wanted them to leave, or to eat them, Atulu was intrigued by them. They weren't scared of his people, nor did they just come in killing any of them that moved. No instead they tried to establish a line of communication.

Stepping forward Atulu would confront the group. "Follow me. I show you way." He didn't trust them to be sure, but he would rather lead them through the swamp, the long way away from their homes, than let them wander aimlessly, or perhaps what would seem aimlessly, through his home. This way he could keep an eye on them, while his brethren kept an eye on him. If they tried anything he knew he wasn't alone, of course his brethren weren't making it a secret that they were following them either to dissuade the outsiders from trying anything.

It was a boring trip through the swamp. Silent the entire way as the group followed behind Atulu without a word, but always on their guard. When they finally reached the clearing to the lower wilds the group moved past Atulu before the Twili turned to speak for the first time since they arrived. "You took a chance on us, now let us repay you. Come with us and help us on our job. When its done I would ask you to lead us through your swamp once more and we will part ways." The Twili's voice held no malice to it, but there was something about his voice that sent a chill down Atulu's spine, and yet he was intrigued.

Atulu decided to go with the group, to see what it was they were doing down here for himself. His brethren let him go. No warnings. No trying to stop him. No following him to make sure he was safe. This wasn't their home. If one of them was foolish enough to go off and get themselves killed, that was their own fault. The mission they were on took a full week to complete. Even with a Rito tracking down the group of Lynel they had been looking for, catching up to them proved to be a challenge.

During this time Atulu grew fond of the group. They welcomed him as one of their own and incorporated him into their strategies letting the four of them fight well together instead of getting in each others way and the river zora liked that. He took his share of the reward and as they passed back through the lake his brethren were no where to be seen. I guess they figured if he was still alive there was no need to worry about the group.

Upon reaching the edge of the lake Atulu would stop and the group would walk past him. They would steadily get further away before the river zora finally spoke up. "Me come with you?" The Twili would spin around with pure anger on his face. "I don't remember asking you along with us and yet you dare demand to join us?!" Before the Twili could act upon his anger though the Gerudo would speak up. "I think he was asking. Remember his speech is a little more basic than ours." A glowing orb would form in the Twilis hand and be thrown at the Gerudo, it wasn't aimed and thus missed but the point was made. Then her words registered, and the Twili would straighten up although he didn't look like he had calmed down much.

"If that is a request, the I grant you permission. Otherwise I will kill you and poison your home. So for your sake I hope my friend was right." Atulu was shocked by the Twili's reaction and his attacking his own comrade, but he wasn't scared. No it intrigued him. This was a group that would accept him and his strength. "It was ask." With one sentence the Twili would turn around and start walking again saying nothing more. Atulu would follow. It was time for him to see more of the world and see if he couldn't find a way to help his brethren by learning more from further away.
  2. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    I'm reading everything over but this is good to go I just need you to break down the math for me. Getting the Augment for your Aqua Grenade should cost you rupees unless I am missing something. I'll have the whole thing read and ready to go as soon as I get your explanation however.
  3. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

The secret lies with Fire. As a racial he gets it for 15 less so 20 instead of 35 as well as the augment free.
    A River Zora who gains Fire may gain the No Instrument Required augment of it freely.

So Aqua Aura at 50 + 20 for fire is 70r. 30r left, spent 25 on the aqua grenade augment.
  4. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Oh I see what you mean now. I'm glad we're both active and able to do this somewhat quickly. Consider your sheet accepted.