A Rude Awakening [LICENSE THREAD]

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Squishy, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

No daylight had reached the cavern for ages, the clear water in it only illuminated by the small orbs of light languidly hovering above it. The dark-haired Hylian slowly made his way through the space. The floor seemed unnaturally even, as if it had been expertly carved from the rock or perhaps made of tiles, though it was hard to tell with so little light.

Lamont had discovered the cave after a landslide had reopened it's entrance, and, curiosity getting the better of him, had decided to investigate it. So far the only thing he had found was a pool of water, and the hovering lights, who floated away as soon as he got near them.

Then, a shimmer at the edge of the water drew his attention. There, on the floor, a golden ring! It gleamed in the light of one of the orbs floating near it, and Lamont hastily made his way over to it. It was definitely gold, he concluded after having bitten the ring and inspected it more closely. Not a particularly huge treasure, but it would possibly still fetch a nice price if he were to sell it.

But as soon Lamont he turned around to leave, two torches on either side of the water burst into flame, and a sudden voice echoing through the cave made the young pirate gasp in fear.

"Have I been awoken after so long, by a thief?" The voice boomed.

Lamont frantically scanned the cave, but even with the two torches it was still poorly lighted, making it impossible to find the source of the voice.

"That ring is mine, and imbued with my power. It is not yours. Place it back, or face punishment."

"W-who are you...?!" Lamont asked, trying to sound brave, but failing quite spectacularly at it.

"You dare question me?! I will have your hands, thief!"

The torches flared up brighter and a figure appeared out of the darkness, but Lamont had already bolted from the cave in terror, dropping the ring in the process.

He had awoken something in that cave, but only time would tell whether it was a blessing or a curse.

Lamont has acquired the Great Fairy Race License, at half price due to the current event.