A greeting & some questions!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Sinistrari, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Sinistrari

Sinistrari Devious Grins & Hunter of Synonyms reg

Hello all!

I've been reading through the guides and such this past day or two and am seriously debating joining. I'm already part of two other RP forums but it appears I sometimes need even more to get my fix!! I likely won't be around over Easter (this coming Thursday to the Tuesday afterwards), yet regardless it'd be great to learn more about Hyrule Castle to properly make up my mind and get an app' in the works.

First things first...activity: how are things around here? I've noticed that some posts have been made in the past week but what's the average posting rate per member? How many active members does Hyrule Castle have?

Next up: the threads and etiquette. Does everything always have its own individual thread? As a possible newbie do I need to try and get the attention of another member(s) in the RP chat first, or can I just bump into the characters by posting in their thread? (I'm used to 'fixed' IC threads that admins/mods have made, so this is all completely new to me!)

I'm pretty sure that's all - for now at least!

Any and all help would be very appreciated!
    Guy likes this.
  2. Lunar Cataphract

Lunar Cataphract New Member new

Well..let me be the first to welcome you. Pleasure to met you.

In regards to your questions...well there's enough active people here for you to have enough RP to keep you going. Of course I will admit this site is rather small.

Secondily you can recruit people for your own threads via our little cbox or PMs. And for threads members make them either having them restricted to a certain number of people, specific individuals or open to anybody.
    Guy likes this.
  3. monkeyislandfan1

monkeyislandfan1 Aspiering pun maker and drinker of milk reg

Welcome to the site, I'm new here too and I'm curently waiting for my character to get approved, hope you have fun
  4. Sinistrari

Thank you! :happy: Both Lunar and monkeyislandfan1! (Damn, these are cute Link emoticons!)

Oh, a small community isn't a problem! I just don't want to be waiting a month+ for a reply is all. I just figured the more members you had the higher the chances may be of getting a response on at least a weekly/fortnight basis. I come from small RP communities too and thoroughly enjoy RPing with them.

It sounds a bit tricky to get properly involved with other characters when you're new, but I suppose a good read through the current goings-on will sort that out. Please be kind to me, everyone!

Thank you for your swift response! (Of course more are welcome too!) I might just have an app' for a character up beside yours soon, monkeyislandfan1!
  5. Sinistrari

Hmm...I'm not sure what the rules are on double-posting like this... If it's frowned upon, please let me know!

Oh! Also! Maybe I just missed this somewhere - I apologise in advance if so - but what's the rough age rating here? I don't want to offend anybody in the future (that makes me sound so shady:lol:) so it'd be helpful to know the general guideline.

Edit:
    What should I do if there are racial perks I don't want? I'm currently looking at a race (which I want to keep secret for now!) and have chosen a recommended origin, yet due to where I want to take the character some of the perks seem unnecessary.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  6. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I'm first to admit that sadly, activity on this site appears to exist on a sinus function. Sometimes, we have immense surges of activity, but we also have dry spells in which threads barely move. Fixed periods like summer break (when many of us have limited internet and a lot of other things to do) and finals (when we're obviously occupied) don't help with that. Of course, activity begets activity, and we're super happy with any active member we can get.

As for jumping into threads; this may vary from person to person, but I personally frown upon people who invite themselves into someone else's ongoing thread. Many of our threads are open-ended enough that we can accommodate an unexpected third or fourth character, but it's polite to ask first, just in case a thread was deliberately made for two- and so as not to catch the other participants completely off-guard. So you're best off posting in the discussion forum or discussing something in the Cbox.

Finally, there's always outliers of course, but I believe the majority of our active members are college- or (semi-)fresh out of college-age. Those of us who are comfortable sharing our exact age have it in our profiles. Similarly, I think the rating for forum threads tends to not go above T; as raunchy as we can be in OOC discussion, most of us like to keep that explicit stuff out of our RPs. Explicit M-rated content has other homes on the internet. (Am I close here, Guy?)

At any rate, welcome to HC! I may have made us sound like an unpleasant or unsavoury bunch, but I guarantee you, once you get to know us we're good people.
    Guy likes this.
  7. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Let's see here...

For the origins, you don't necessarily need to follow its racial perk lists to the letter; adaptations can be made to it, of course, so feel free to swap out any of the 'unnecessary' perks for a General perk or any other perk available to that race.

As for double posting: no one really cares about if you do it or not. That said, sometimes it is the only way to get certain threads moving again. If you feel the situation warrants double posting, then sure, why not.

Anyways, hello! I'm Cloud, one of Hyrule Castle's like three staff members. I 'primarily' roleplay as my Guardsman, Julius Surgate, and do a wide variety of things with him. I also occasionally roleplay as my Ruto-native, Lucian Avengard.

There's not really an age limit here, either. Be as graphic in your descriptions as you want, just... try not to go too overboard on them. For a good idea as to how graphic you could probably get, feel free to read any posts involving the head admin's character, Sienna.

Other than that, it's great to have you here! I hope you enjoy your stay.
    Guy likes this.
  8. Lunar Cataphract

Lunar Cataphract New Member new

For me I'm always very active. My rate of posting depends upon how fast/often others post.
  9. Sinistrari

Thank you for all the warm welcomes and information! You've filled in a lot of gaps and it's helped a lot.

I'm currently working/thinking on my character as I type. One of the original ten thousand as usual. Hopefully I don't mess up too bad with all the treasures and such, but I'll try my best. I look forward to getting properly involved with everything here at Hyrule Castle!
  10. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

the one day I'm not online and stuff happens

Anyway, I see others already answered your questions, so all I have to say for now is welcome! I hope you're going to enjoy your time here c:
  11. Sinistrari

Thank you, Squishy! I'm sure I will.
  12. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Hello! This is very late, but I am one of the other three staff members. We're happy to have you, so let us know if you have any more questions. You can also PM me with any questions, and I should get back to you relatively quickly, as my message box is set to route to my email.