Zelda LP Series For Main Site

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by darklink28, Jun 1, 2013.

1. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    I am planning to do an LP series for the main page. As the members of this community, what would you like to see me play? (except Majora's Mask; sorry, don't have the patience for it again.) I have all the Zelda console games on GC or Wii except for FSA.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!! =P
  2. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Syward Sword! It's the first chronologically, so it would be a perfect first LP!
  3. Lich-Kun

Lich-Kun New Member reg

I agree with Double.
  4. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Skyward Sword or Wind Waker!
  5. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Lol, you should do them in chronological order according to Hyrule Historia.
  6. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

I'm with Toko. Do that.
  7. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    but when the split occurs, how are we going to reconcile that order-wise? =P

SS would be good, although I'd have to abandon my mid-game playthrough and start again. But that's okay, it's one of my favorite if not my favorite Zelda game with ALttP and OoT. TWW would be a good idea too, but with WW HD coming out, it may be more appropriate to wait for that, depending on when it comes out.
  8. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

Do it chronologically, and then when you get to the split, get two other people to do LP for the other two timelines.
  9. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Or, do them simultaneously, but pretend that your reality split into three, and that you are now in three alternate dimenstons, where you are playing each split and release them all at the same time :haa:
  10. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    I actually think I'll do SS and then ALttP. Then OoT. And somewhere in between WW HD.
  11. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    Ok this is my test footage for SS. Let me know what you think. (I know it jumped a few times; I think I have this fixed.)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCXc1-jEDV8[/youtube]
  12. maythetriforcebewithyou

maythetriforcebewithyou New Member new

I think it would be better if you added voice explaining what you should be doing for each phase of the battle. This way players can hear the strategy, or you could possibly give tips on tactics that work best for that moment in the game.
  13. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    I did do that in my real/main test I posted on the main site:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84zqb-Gz-AI[/youtube]

What do you think?
  14. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Good, but couldn't you have chosen a less spoilery test? I still listened, mainly out of curiosity at what your voice sounds like, but I couldn't watch the video at all because I wanted to avoid spoilers.
  15. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    No because all my saves are at the end of the game. Erased them all on WiiU (still have them on Wii) and am uploading the prologue now. I edited it to try and make sure it didn't reveal that many things, just the fight, but, in terms of spoilers...the game is over a year and a half old. Doing a playthrough of the game, there's going to be tons of spoilers playing it from beginning to end, so if you haven't played it I don't know what to say. Everyone who answered said to play SS, which is my favorite game in the series. So if spoilers are a major concern, then finish the game before I finish the LP.

-darklink28
  16. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Oh, I'm sorry. I meant no hostility with my last statement if it came across that way. I was just saying that half jokingly, and because I actually wasn't sure if you could have tested some other way or not. I have no problem with you playing SS, and actually look forward to seeing it.
  17. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    Nah it's cool, sometimes things come across not how we intended on the internet. It happens!

I did a commentary for the prologue opening cut scene, and stopped there because that alone is 5 minutes and I don't want the file sizes to be so huge. I mean they will be, but, when I can avoid it I will. so I can now just start the game proper, because I figure it will take at least a half an hour to get through the beginning tutorial stuff.
  18. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    first part is up on main site!
  19. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

I hate reaching for responsibility when it's not necessary but this sounds like a worthy cause. If you eventually need someone to do one of the split timelines, I'd be willing to take the child Link timeline. I'm well acquainted with Majora's Mask and would enjoy playing it a few more times. I find it to be tied for the best story in any Zelda game (along with LA). Twilight Princess is an awesome game and although I've only beaten it once, I have the game and could handle beating it again. Four Swords Adventures is an outstanding game and although I've beaten it quite a few times, it poses new challenges to me on each play-through. I also have four GBAs and cables so I could add a full level of depth to the game recording (I hope). I don't have any recording equipment yet but if you could help me figure out what I need to have to be prepared, I could work on it. Or you could do the LPs if you wanted to, I enjoyed your commentary on the intro to SS.

Edit: Dag yo........wow. I just did so,me digging as to what I would need to do video capture on 4 GBAs and the GameCube......wow man. It loos to me like I would need a capture card for the GC so I could get the overworld stuff. This is easy because that's like 50 bucks and a little know-how to get the program and hardware to work together.

Here's where I ran into problems. The GBA has no AV out. It has no video out whatsoever aside from the wacky Nintendo out port on top and that's being used to connect to the GC. So I could get a janky (and mostly likely worthless) pig-tail that some grifter made out of his garage with duct tape and booze, or I could use a camera. I ain't usin' no camera. So maybe I need to back up. I could use the Game Boy Plauyer. Game. Boy. Player. So I hook up the cords from the GC with the FSA game to four other GCs with GBPlayers attached. Then, I get 5 computers in the room and 5 capture cards. Supposing I got 4 GBPlayers for $20 each and they all WORKED! Wootz, right? $80 well spent. Then I'll need to buy maybe 2 more GCs, about $30 each round these here parts at second-hand stores (and finding the cords will be a dickens of a time). I can borrow a couple from friends and I've got my Wii to run the game from. Then suppose I spent $50 on each of 5 capture cards and each of THEM worked??? Alright, so $250 there, okay, okay. Get some friends to bring over their PCs and hook this crap up!

Now, supposing that none of my friend's computers had problems with some odd service pack problem or driver failure, all we would need to worry about is getting the Wii hooked up to my laptop, installing the various programs I will need, getting each of the GameCubes hooked up to my friend's PCs with the capture cards and downloading the drivers and programs they will need after installing the cards, hooking up each of the GCs to their respective GBPlayers, connecting the cords from each individual GBPlayer to the Wii (which is playing the game), getting those hooked up to the wall without blowing a fuse, finding a place to do this where we won't inconvenience someone by taking up three and a half rooms of the house, getting four guys who can commit to such an undertaking together in the same place at the same time, editing the videos if they somehow don't get corrupted, and posting them on YouTube, then linking them to Hyrule Castle. All of this after paying $400 on materials on top of the $25 I payed for each GBA and the $10 I payed for each cord plus the time I'll need to get set up and each of us 4 players taking time off of our jobs to get together and finish the Four Swords Adventures...

[​IMG]

...​

...​

...​
    [​IMG]
    Yep, I got this one.​
  20. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

We actually are looking for more website staff members to do stuff like LPs, so if you are interested, send me a pm!