Your Favorite Console Zelda Game

Discussion in 'Zelda Discussion' started by Double_r111, May 19, 2013.

?

Which Console Zelda Games Do You Like Most? (You can choose more than one)

1. The Legend of Zelda

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. The Adventure of Link (Zelda II)

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. A Link to the Past

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. Ocarina of Time

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  5. Majora's Mask

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  6. The Wind Waker

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  7. Twilight Princess

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  8. Skyward Sword

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

So, I realized we have this thread for Handheld Zelda games and was thinking why the heck do we not have this for the Console Zelda games? So I decided to fix this by setting one up in the exact same way the other one was set up!

So, what's your favorite console Zelda?

Mine is personally Wind Waker. I absolutely love everything about it. The atmosphere, the characters, the gameplay, the graphics. And most of all, the world. I absolutely loved the Great Sea so much!

EDIT: I didn't think I'd need to spell it out and give some topics for discussion, but the lack of posts says otherwise. Generally, those who vote in these also Post in them too. Shocking isn't it? :D
    Seriously though, I'll just be direct and say it might be a cool idea if some of the people who voted here say why they like the game and that kind of stuff.
  2. frigis

frigis New Member new

Its a tie between Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask for me. Both of those worlds just felt so real. Everything you ever did in them felt like it had a lasting impact on the rest of the entire world because of how they incorporated their time mechanics. I actually felt attached to the residents of those worlds and watched as their lives changed throughout time. Ocarina of Time also had the best dungeons in the entire franchise while Majora's Mask had the best story and main villain. The construction of these two games just felt so masterfully done.

For my B tier Console Zelda's, I'd list Windwaker and Twilight Princess. C tier Skyward Sword and Link to the Past. D tier the other 2D's.
  3. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

I personally think that Twilight Princess was my favorite game. The game had this essence that showed less of the fact that Link was the chosen one destined to save Hyrule, and more of the fact that he was doing it to protect the people he knows and loves, and everyone else. That's true courage, and it shows that Link truly deserved to bear the Triforce of Courage.
  4. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    SS is a long game, and it's hard to say. Playing OoT on handheld also made it feel so...small. I still love ALttP to this day.

So I would have to say SS, with OoT and ALttP being very very close behind.
  5. Vexion

Vexion New Member new

Of course i would have to choose Ocarina of Time. Ive played and beat it so many times yet it never gets old to me in the least
  6. Wendolene

Wendolene New Member new

My favourite Zelda game would have to be a tie between Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Twilight Princess was the first Zelda game that I played to completion, so it will always hold some nostalgia. In my opinion, Midna is one of the best characters in the series, and I loved how her character and relationship with Link evolved as the events of the game unfolded. I was also very fond of much of the soundtrack, and would spend ages riding Epona through Hyrule Field, just to listen to the music!

In Skyward Sword, it was interesting to learn of the early history of what would later become Hyrule. The over world felt a lot more involved, as it was very 'dungeon-like'. The game provided the right balance in terms of difficulty (the Silent Realms were one of the most challenging aspects for me, but I felt a sense of accomplishment when I beat them).
  7. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    Catherine, if you like Skyward Sword you definitely need to stick around for our Skyward Sword Live Play!!!
  8. Miss Kaguya

Miss Kaguya Member new

Between all of the Zelda that I have tried and beaten I say my favorite is Majora's Mask. The mood and atmosphere was really something I tell you what. The emotions that I went through that game actually felt real and impacted my life a bit. The moment when Link steps out of Clock town you know that unspeakable things are going to happen and did it ever.