Woodfall Temple (Chaos, Idarian, Ultra)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Premium Chaos, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Kara Kyrie had traveled far away from her home of Hyrule Castle Town. The nobles that she was entrusted to look after wished her to go check in on his sister in southern Termina. Apparently there had been a whole lot of commotion at a Temple that the Deku held very dear to them. They've vacated the temple temple due to a monster infestation. The same Deku are causing tourists to stay away from the swamp. The Deku were clambering all over the face scaring them off and obstructing business to a once very successful herb shop.

She had two options ahead of her, she could savagely kill all of the Deku, but that didn't seem to sit well with her. The other option would be to head to Woodfall Temple and try to figure out what was causing all of the commotion there. She embarked through the swamps that led to Woodfall, leaving the Deku be.
  2. Idarian

Idarian Imperator of Known Space reg

Damien waded through waist-deep waters and climbed over old, rotted stumps in the swamps. Oddly, he found that the simple act of being in water would cause a sort of pain. He couldn't tell why, and he could bear it, but it was quite odd indeed.

Nevertheless, he trekked on toward the legendary Woodfall Temple at the summit of Woodfall Mountain. As he paused to check his surroundings, he heard the sounds of another, likely armored traveler wading through the swamp. The tall Hylian made his way closer to the sound, and caught sight of Kara trekking toward Woodfall Mountain.

"You... You are going to Woodfall Temple? The shrine sits atop that mountain, yes?"
  3. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob and Eysseth flew over the Southern Swamp on their patrol route. All had been pretty quiet around the swamp. A little too quiet. Harry was almost relieved to see two figures down below Eysseth. "Finally another being I can talk to that will talk back. Land a few feet in front of them Eysseth."

Eysseth landed and Jacob jumped off saying as he did, "Now who do we have here..." Jacob snapped into a crisp salute as he saw one of the figures was none other than 2nd Lieutenant Kara Kyrie. "Lieutenant ma'am."
  4. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

"Yes I have a strict duty as a royal guard of Hyrule to investigate the appearance of the Deku so Woodfall is my goal I presume you know how to get there?" She didn't have much time however as a giant behemoth flew in. She was taught not to fear in situations like this and grabbed at her spear in preparation for a fight, but the person on the Wyvern seemed to recognize her as he approached with a salute, even knowing her name and title.

"At ease," she said as she saluted back with a tad bit of confusion. She began to examine the man before remembering him, "I haven't seen you since you left the army former Master Sergeant Temple. What brings you to Termina?" She eased up her demeanor and stopped clutching her spear as she smiled a bit before continuing.
  5. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Well ma'am I reenlisted. I was training troops, but then I got put in a new airborne division with my same rank. I was on patrol when I saw you and your friend here. Do you require any help on your mission Lieutenant? I seriously hope they wouldn't have you out on patrol." Jacob stated as he eased out of his salute.
  6. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

"Yes I know of the division. I'd love to be put in one, but I lack a mount." she said before continuing. "And no this is more of a personal manner that most people don't know about it."

She turned her glance at the tall figure and said in a stern voice, "Well we have introduced ourselves, who are you and what is your business here?" She was a cold-hearted person but she was admittedly intimidating by his stature.
  7. Idarian

"My name is Damien Aurelius Faust. My father was Adrian Maximilian Faust, the corrupt baron of Nabooru. Long ago, my mother was killed as a witch by the people of Nabooru, and though both of us were stricken with grief and rage, she appeared to me in a dream and bid me forgive the citizens of the town. She wanted me to tell my father but he would not listen.

"When Ganon launched his war against the south, my father struck a deal with the Dark Lord. He sold his soul in exchange for even greater wealth, wisdom, and unimaginable power. In his fury, he set upon the people of Nabooru, and as he began to shroud the local lands in shadow, I took it upon myself to kill my own father. That was all fifteen years ago, and I can feel him him my soul once again, and have taken it upon myself to destroy any evil forces that I can so that he will be deprived of a host from which to return to his original flesh.

"That is why I am here..."

Damien stood silently from then on, waiting for a reaction, if any, from his two companions. Suddenly, a strange sound rumbled from the direction of the oddly tinted mountain with the swirling clouds above.

"There is no time for speaking... We must hurry..."
  8. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "That is why I am here..."

"Well that was one..." Jacob started to say until a strange sound emanated from the temple. Looking up at the temple Jacob said, "Well that doesn't sound good." Jacob turned to Kara and Damien, "Lieutenant, Damien. I'm gonna head on up and check out that noise. There is a path over there to the temple that the Deku used to get there, if you are still wanting to go up there that is. Lieutenant, ma'am." Jacob snapped a quick salute and jumped on top of Eysseth.

"Guess I'll see ya topside ma'am. Ya Eysseth, ya." With a mighty flap of her wings Eysseth was airborne and heading to Woodfall Temple.
  9. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Kara was more creeped out by the background story that was given to him than anything. Hopefully he isn't quite as creepy as he seems. She was about to speak before the rumbling stopped. She half hopped that Jacob had taken her with him but alas she is stuck with the creepy tall fellow. She ran up the path leading to the Temple not away from Damien but more toward the Woodfall hopping that Damien wouldn't follow. She thought to herself what could have been causing the noise. It sounded like a loud rumble coming from a behemoth gong. I guess time would tell as she approached the Temple. She had heard that the Deku saw this place as sacred, and used it for spiritual guidance. If they lost their place of worship she believed it would drive anyone crazy. "Oh Nayru please guide me."
  10. Idarian

Damien took off in the direction of Woodfall Mountain, heading for the Deku path with all possible haste. He waded through the swampy waters rapidly, ignoring the odd pains he felt from contact with the liquid. Perhaps there was something in the water... or perhaps something more profound was at work...

Nevertheless, Damien soldiered on, his sword in hand, though his shield was strapped to his back until he would need it. Compared to Kara, the tall, mysterious Hylian moved with the speed of the winds themselves, though in the waist-deep muck, his swiftness was greatly reduced.

However, he eventually reached a somewhat dry path that, while extremely muddy, was at least solid enough to hold his weight, and so he took off up the path. At one point, he did stop and wait for the Hylian lieutenant to catch up with him. Standing off to the side of the path in silence, he gazed in the direction from which he had come until he saw the young woman. Still completely soundless, Damien bolted off up the path, effectively doing nothing but adding more mystery to his odd personality.
  11. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

She was walking through knee deep muck but realized the sudden slump down she would have to go very soon. She preferred not to get her armor too dirty so she used her brain a bit and looked around mostly all around her was a swampy area and some vines. There were some rocks protruding from the ground that she could step on, but with slippery feet she might fall off. The Hylian used her increased dexterity to hop from rock to rock using some vines as a bit of leverage. Eventually she got to the dry spot that Damian was at before strangely running off.

It was dry from here on out up the mountain save a few swampy puddles here and there. She eventually found a spring that was pumping out clean water... well cleaner that is. She sat down on the ground and began to look around to ensure she was alone before taking off her metal leggings and boots, washing them in the spring and putting them back on. "Oh gosh that is so much better." She didn't quite enjoy mud being in her boots but then again who did? She began walking forward and saw Damien staring down something. The thought of him creeping on her while she was changing crossed her mind, but she put the thought out as she saw that he was staring at a door of sorts it had some strange marking on it that she saw on some of the Deku's clothing. She was sure there was no doubt about it that was Woodfall. "How do we enter? she questioned with a short pause before resuming. "And where is Jacob shouldn't he have been here by now?"
  12. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Eysseth landed on a large platform, in the middle of some of the most dirty water Jacob had ever seen, that held the entrance to the temple. "Hm. I guess the air is that much faster than the Deku's path. There seems to be a large opening here. One big enough for you to fit through Eysseth. Let's have a look inside." Jacob jumped off Eysseth and walked with the Wyvern inside a large archway that looked very decorative. Suddenly a large wood and stone door slammed shut in the archway. "What the hell? Oh, shit!" Jacob yelled turning around to see the door blocking the way the Hylian and Wyvern entered the room. "Hey! Help! Anyone?! Lieutenant?! Damien?!" Jacob yelled while banging his fists on the door.

"Well if there is a door that large there has to be an opening mechanism somewhere in here. Hm. We need a little more light in here. Ah. Hm. This feels like a torch or something." Jacob strained as he tried to pull the object off the wall, but the object didn't move. "Eysseth. Give he a hand er...just help me here." Eysseth grabbed a hold of Jacob's back with her teeth lightly and pulled with him. As the two pulled a loud click sounded as the object they were pulling on didn't break off, but wasn't in the same place. Suddenly the large stone and wood door opened revealing Kara and Damien outside and the object they were pulling on was an old switch. While still in Eysseth's mouth Jacob looked outside the archway, gave a surprised look, and said, "Lieutenant. I um, found a way in ma'am. Now put me down Eysseth."
  13. Idarian

"Hmmm..."

Damien looked at Jacob rather blankly, though one might assume he was quite bemused. As usual, the tall Hylian stood silently, save, of course, for the inquisitive grunt he had just made. Damien already had his sword drawn, but now held it lax, no longer inclined to slay a possible monster in an instant's notice.

"I hope that answers your question, lieutenant... Both of them..."

He looked to Kara to see what she would have them do.

"Who should be first to enter?"
  14. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

The door started to open on its own as Kara got on guard just like Damien with her lance in her hand. The door opened only to reveal Jacob standing on the other side inside his Wyvern's mouth. She wasn't very sure where he came from but she was kinda glad that he got the door open, she was drawing a blank herself. "I suppose I should be the first to enter, ladies first and all right? Though I guess Sergeant Temple and his wyvern didn't get that memo," she said in a joking manner.

Walking inside and expecting the temple she saw what seemed like a long stretching corridor that goes on for quite some time stretching forward to the next room. The walls were a brown cobblestone color, covered in green moss everywhere. There were someplaces that was stained green from where the moss used to be. Every now and then you'd see something on the wall like a painting of some sort depicting the Deku's worship over the three Goddesses. It was a surreal experience to be in the Deku's place of worship but the Deku wouldn't think so. They've rigged it with traps to keep visitors like us out. There are several old cliche traps all throughout these corridors as a first level of defense. Of course there is a way to turn them off, but you'd have to be a Deku to find it.
  15. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

(I really don't mind who but can someone post :U)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.