Wind Arrow Temple [Eevachu + Quill]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Eevachu, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Dungeon: The Wind Temple [The Wind Waker]
    Members: Eevachu(Rika) and Quill(Marcus)
    Rewards: Vector Plate, -20 rupees[Rika], Vector Plate, -20 rupees[Marcus]

Vector Plate (open)
    `Vector Plate
    Original:Eevachu/Quill, Spell – Utility
    [Force], [Projectile], [Trap]
    W5: 45
    W4: 60
    W3: 90
    W2: 120
    W1: 240

The user can create a large, black arrow of 2'5" feet in length, of the caster's choosing in location and direction. When something touches the arrow, they are launched in the direction the arrow is facing, at a speed of roughly 25 MPH. The arrow must be placed on a solid object capable of holding the entirety of the arrow. Although it may fold slightly to fit the object, it may not be placed on intricately formed ground, and may not wrap around objects it is placed on. Although the arrows do not disappear over time, all arrows must be placed at once, with more capable of being placed with higher Wisdom. It requires a minute cooldown before another can be placed, any new arrows replacing the old ones. Using an arrow once causes it to vanish. Arrows may be placed no farther than ten meters from the user's location and additionally, the placement location must also be in sight.

For every Wisdom level higher than 1: For each additional point the user has beyond one, they may summon an additional arrow, with two arrows at W2, three arrows at W3, four arrows at W4, and five arrows at W5. The user does not have to summon the full amount, and a W5 user may, say, choose to instead summon 3 arrows. However, while they do not have to be by each other(But still within range), arrows may not be split up in placement.

Countless tons of water, stretching as far as the eye can see. This is known as the Eastern Sea, a vast ocean of water broken up only by the countless islands of varying sizes spread across it's depths. This island in particular was very small. A small beach reached the water, as water splashed over the sandy ground. Palm trees could be seen spread out over the beach, although not in too numerous of amounts. Further in than the beach, a few trees were seen, although it seemed strangely open-ended. The main point of the island was the massive stone temple in the center. Although it seemed mostly for show, massive stone statues depicting the great wind gods were spread throughout the temple. They seemed to differ in appearance, despite both being frog-like and on clouds. One seemed calm and almost kind, while the other seemed full of hate and wrath.

A truly talented artist must have crafted these sculptures to display such things in statues. There seemed to be some sort of symbol spread throughout the outside, perhaps some sort of wind symbol to relate to the gods of wind? Nonetheless, it was everywhere. A wide, open pathway served as an entrance, no sort of door capable of closing it visible. Whoever made such a shrine must have revered the two gods of wind, but did it hold more?
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

A seagull winged its way through the air, flying over the salty seas towards the sandy island below it. It landed on the sand, squawking as it hopped back and forth along the beach, searching vaguely for anything interesting.

It came across something warm, something edible. The seagull pecked its side tentatively, and when the thing didn't move, it pecked more forcefully. Perhaps this thing could provide it with a meal?

It hopped around the side of the thing, searching for some flesh that wasn't covered by wet material. It arrived at a round, furry area, and began to peck. The thing moaned, stirring slightly, and the seagull leaped back, startled. When its food settled down, the seagull hopped back over to it. Before it could peck any more, however, an arm shot out, smacking the seagull away. Alarmed, it flew towards the palm trees, squawking loudly. It decided to be more careful in trying to eat larger, live animals in future.

The creature on the sand groaned, gingerly feeling the side of his head. It grimaced, sitting up, and poked the tender areas with an index finger. Magic flowed down its length, sinking into his head. With a relieved sigh, the young man relaxed as his head stopped throbbing. He stood up, stretching and yawning.

Marcus frowned, shivering in his soaked clothes. "You couldn't have dropped me down on the actual island?" He asked the skies irritably, and looked around him.

There, several dozen feet away from where he stood in the sand, was a large stone temple, intricate stone statues spread along the path towards its entrance. "Hm. Well, there's the Temple, anyway. At least I don't have to go trudging through local terrain to arrive at my destination."

He glanced around him. "Loft, where are you?"

There was no answering call, only the continued crash of the waves against the sand. "...Loft?"
  3. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Marcus plodded over to a palm tree, leaning up against it and wiping the sweat from his forehead. "I've walked around this whole island... I can't find Loft anywhere."

He sighed, sliding down the rough tree trunk and plopping into the sand. "Why? This has never happened before... whenever I've been taken to a mysterious location in some Goddess-forsaken part of Hyrule, Loft's always been here. Why isn't he here now?"

He looked up into the shining sun, thinking. "He could be dead, killed in his travels. He could be farther in the Temple. He could have drowned, as I was evidently deposited in the water, and not on the actual sand, judging by the state of my clothes. Or, for whatever reason, the Goddesses decided to leave him behind."

He frowned. "It's unlikely that he's dead. I don't know why he'd be farther into the temple, although it is possible. It's highly unlikely that he died in transport, so that's out. That only leaves..."

Marcus' expression cleared, and he rose to his feet. "Well, if my Goddess decided to leave him behind, then She must have had a good reason."

He eyed the large, stone Temple in front of him. "Well, best get going. There's something that I need to do here, and I can't get it done standing around here."

He walked down the sands of the beach, heading towards the mouth of the great Temple. The sand slowly dried out, solidifying into a more compact clay. Before the sand could fully seque into grassy land, he came upon a small stone path, leading to the Temple's entrance. A series of statues lined the path, great frog-like dieties floating upon a whispy cloud, each posing in a different way. Marcus was pleased to note, however, that opposite statues were all identical.

Perfect. Whoever designed this had had an eye for art.

He walked down the stone pathway, past the great statues, and stopped at the Temple's entrance. Above the yawning gateway was the element of air, delicately carved into the dark stone. He took a deep breath, comforted by the symbol's presence. While it did not exactly fall directly into his Goddess' jurisdiction, air was the element of freedom, and somehow he felt that the Goddess of Courage and Life was a large advocate of freedom.

He took a deep breath, said a quick prayer to Farore, and stepped inside.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.