What to do with the Kokiri?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Bitoko, Jul 9, 2012.

?

Should we move Kokiri to Regular only?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. I don't care.

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Hey everyone. Well as we stated a while ago, we want to (as staff) move the Kokiri to Regular races. However, we know that it upset a few of you, so we wanted to bring it forward as a poll. The question is, should we move Kokiri to Regular, or keep them as they are? Now, before you vote, please look into our reasoning a little bit.

As staff we discussed Kokiri for about an hour. The conclusion that we came to was that while yes, it was entirely possible for there to be Kokiri that are assassins and any other sort of thing, it wasn't likely. In the games, they are seen as little children who are the "children of the Deku Tree." The Deku Tree gives them protection and they are fearful of leaving that protection. The number of kokiri that actually leave the forest and go out to adventure has to be terribly small. We didn't want to make them veteran exclusive, but felt that making them a regular race would sort of shift it more in line with the game canon.

This change would not be retroactive, so any kokiri made by those below the Regular rank would still get to keep them. It would only affect future characters.

What are you're thoughts?
  2. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    I really don't care much about this, as it doesn't actually affect me.

And again, the main point of outrage, at least as I saw it, was the hurried decision to do this, not the logic behind it; at least, the people who I talked to were pretty cool with it or would be cool with it if it had not been with such timing and rush that it seemed to be a sort of retaliatory blow.

That said I'd be fine one way or another. There is sense to what you say but I cannot guarantee that everyone agrees.
  3. urnotlikeme

urnotlikeme New Member reg

I voted yes knowing that I have contributed a Kokiri that has fueled the outrage :D
  4. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

I originally disagreed with the idea of making the kokiri regular, but I read the reasoning before voting, and have changed my views. The only downside is that I believe I'm only a newbie, making it impossible for me to make one. Doesn't though, I never had much interest in roleplaying as a kokiri anyways.
  5. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Unless something radical happens, it seems as if we have the all clear to go ahead and make it official. I'll keep this up until tomorrow morning, however, to give those that perhaps live in different time zones to have a chance to speak their minds as well.