WANTED: Bodyguard/Protector/Companion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Blonde Panther, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    With Gift of Prophecy comfortably at two out of two required votes, I feel safe to make this thread now.

I'm working on a character who will need a bodyguard, protector, or at least a travelling companion. He's a formerly overly sheltered and blind prophet in his very late teens or very early twenties, located in Northern Hyrule. I can provide more information if wanted.

Young, old, male, female, mage, swordsman, archer... How you want to fill in the character is entirely up to you.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I'll take the slot with my new character, when he's made, if that's alright. Warning, though, he may not be pleasant. I'll understand if you want to hold judgement until you see the sheet.
  3. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I'd kind of like to see the profile first, especially considering your warning. Still, I know you're a solid RPer to say the least, so I'll definitely give you a shot.
  4. Quill

It should be up soonish.
  5. Quill

It's done! Frederick Donogan's the name c:

And, just so you know, my aim for him is to get the bomb bag and start working my way up the Bombcrafter profession. So don't worry about that.
  6. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Hmmm... while the appearance section (which would probably throw other characters off) is quite irrelevant to Kiran, I'm afraid the entire nature of the Ascetic thing, his handicaps and his lack of treasures make him kind of unsuited to accompany a blind teenager who is incapable of combat, himself. (As Kiran's only starting treasures are the Gift of Prophecy, Prophet's Bargain and Sense if he can afford it.)

TL;DR: I totally discriminate against ugly old men :P I'd probably be interested in RPing with Frederick later on, but not in this format. Sorry.
  7. Quill

lol alright. No bombs for Kiran, then :P

We can RP together later. Thanks for considering it! :)
  8. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

If Kirian is still open, I have a new character that I need an excuse to leave Hyrule Castle Town with, and he's pretty much combat-centred. I haven't yet posted him, but literally the only thing left is to finish off his backstory with why he's leaving Hyrule Castle Town :bluhappy:.

Edit: Here's his profile;
    Jack West (open)

Honor:

Regular

Name:

Jack West

Male

Race:

Hyrule Castle Guard

Place of Origin:

• Western Hyrule Castle Town
    PWC:

4/1/2

Treasures:

Spin Attack (default), Sense (default), Power Beam (20), Peril Beam (20), Mortal Draw (35), Plummeting Blade (25).

Height:

6'5"

Weight:

180 lb.

Equipment:

Longsword, Iron-studded leather armour, iron-reinforced leather helm, reinforced wooden buckler, overlarge heavily oiled overcoat, oilskin bag.

Appearance:

A tall, slightly imposing young man, his looks are slightly above average. Dark brown short-cropped hair and hazel eyes are highlighted by prominent cheekbones, with his square jaw giving the impression of a less-than capable thinker.

Personality:

Jack is very reticent, barely bothering to speak unless responding to questions or orders. This makes people think he's a slow thinker at best. This assumption is, of course, wrong. Jack doesn't like to speak because he hates making mistakes. He knows what mistakes can cost, and generally tries to think about the outcomes of what he's about to say before he says it. This generally leads to his questions being answered by logical though or observation, and his statements delayed until they would no longer make sense, in which case he doesn't say them.

Due to his reticence, he doesn't have many friends, but those he does have (the guard captain and sergeant, for instance) he treasures and goes out of his way to protect, even if it nearly costs him his life.

The one time he isn't overly cautious is in battle. While engages in a fight, he tries to plan his movements, but his actions are all reactions to aggressive movements.

Residence:

He maintains his guard membership, and as such can bunk in the watch houses and barrackses around the city.

Pet:

None.

Backstory:

Jack was born the son of a seamstress, although he doesn't know it, and was left on the doorstep of the main guardhouse in Western Hyrule Castle Town. Fortunately for him, the commander of the Western Watch, James West, and his wife were childless, and they adopted him immediately, naming him Jack. During his childhood, he was a happy, energetic, bright boy, known by all the guards. He trained his hardest to be strong so he could grow up to be a guard as good as his poppa. Then, when he was thirteen, a mistake was made.

Now, one of the major gangs of thieves in the western city had just had their leader sentenced to hang, and they wanted revenge. The guards knew this, so they put their commander, his wife and Jack in a safe house in the north-eastern part of the city. No-one would be able to find them, except for their 'handler'.

And the semi-corrupt eavesdropper standing outside the door when the address was given out. Jack still doesn't know whether Corporal Quirke told the thieves for a payout, or was just rascally drunk, but in either case, four days after the Wests were moved to their "safe house", a gang member crept in through the upstairs window, past the sleeping guard on night watch, and strangled both James and his wife. While the man was caught as he attempted to leave, the damage was done.

Two mistakes from other people cost Jack's adoptive father and mother their lives.

Jack then dedicated himself to becoming a guard. He gave the house his parents had owned to the guard for use as either safe house or new guardhouse, and took the entrance exam. Scraping a pass (mainly due to his large height and extensive training), Jack became part of the operation to wipe up the gang, as well as one of the youngest guards on record in the city. By the time Jack was 17, the entirety of the criminal gang that had killed his parents had either been locked away or hanged.

I think it's ok, but I really want him to have a reason to LEAVE the guard, or at least the city before I final-post him, and the bodyguard this is my best bet.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013