Wait there's two of you? {Finished}

Discussion in 'Quest Bureau' started by Devil-Steel, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

Quest Name: Wait there's two of you?

Summary: Samanosuke and his band of mercenaries (Ban, Elizabeth, Alia, and Jared) are sent to investigate a mysterious bandit who's body abruptly disappears when removing a ring. This bandit has been killed before but the same bandit just keeps showing up.

Rewards: So 40r base reward + 50r for 5 characters = 90r total

Those 90r go towards Samanosuke getting a Ring of Deuce. Samanosuke(35), Ban(10) and Jared(5) spend a combined total of 50r from pocket to pay for the Picori race license.

Each character also gains bonus rupes from their profession. Sama 20, Ban 5, Elizabeth 5, Alia, 5, and Jared 5.
  2. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Grading this! Please stand by...
  3. Squishy

First of all, apologies for the long wait!
    Secondly, I've read the thread! There's a few things:

The content and the writing checks out, it's great to see people posting again, so well done!

One thing though, is that the thread feels very short considering how many characters you are using. There is no hard minimum on the amount of posts per thread, usually we count roughly 20 for a basic two-player thread (also depends on length of the posts, amount of people invovled, etc.).

We don't expect solo threads to be as long as threads with multiple players, but for a thread with 5 full player characters it does feel too short as it is now. Especially considering you do get full rewards for all 5 characters. For example, your other solo thread with only one character has the same length. If this was a solo with one player character and a group of NPCs, this would be alright, but for 5 player characters it will need more. We mainly want to avoid people doing this to "farm" rupees or treasure, as it were.

I discussed it with the other mods, and we've come up with two options: either the thread stays as it is now, but then we will reduce the reward to only 3 characters instead of 5, or you extend the thread or expand your current posts to reach a more appropriate length for 5 characters. If you'd like any suggestions, please don't hesitate to ask!+
  4. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

With it already being posted I think I will just adjust the rewards based on 3 characters and 70r total

With that said. 50r for the Picori License. and 20r to Samanosuke.

Each character also gains bonus rupes from their profession. Sama 20, Ban 5, Elizabeth 5, Alia, 5, and Jared 5.
  5. Squishy

Alright, then this thread is now accepted!