Void Wave (Major Treasure) [Final]

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Rising Dragon, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

`Void Wave
    aka: `Black Hole Attack
    Canonical, Spell - Offense
    [Electric], [Projectile]

P/W/C Type:
    Power or Wisdom

The caster gathers their mana into a single point, manifesting a rift not unlike a black hole in the air above them, darkening the ambient lighting of the area around them. Several large bolts of energy converge on the rift, forming a large mass of glowing magical energy. The caster then throws the energy at an opponent, which splits into numerous bolts of energy that fly in an erratic pattern. The strength of the attack is able to overwhelm most magical defenses, including Arcane Weaponry, Mirror Silver, and Mirror Shields, striking with enough force to knock someone off their feet and electrocuting them with arcane energies.

Limitations: The user is forced to stand or hover in place when charging the spell, and leaves them vulnerable to light-based attacks before the energy gathers. While difficult to deflect, the projectiles fired can be reflected back by a magic-charged Spin Attack, and the projectiles can harm the caster, leaving them open for further assault.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Re: Void Wave (Major Treasure)

Looks good, nice and canonical. Since Zelda doesn't have "mana," though, that'll be taken out.

Why light-based only? It's not a DA attack, after all.
  3. Rising Dragon

It's not, but that's how it was depicted in its canonical appearance. When Ganondorf charged up the attack, he became vulnerable to a Light Arrow and could be downed with one, as opposed to how he'd block the arrow if he wasn't stunned beforehand.

I briefly considered basing it off of Dark Affinity, but beyond the weakness to light couldn't really find a way to justify it. Combine with the overall energy color (bright yellow-green light)...
  4. Quill

I would be fine with dropping that particular aspect of Canon, to be honest. It doesn't make much sense outside of "canon did it," and in our system it wouldn't seem to do much but make a brief invincibility time unless someone happened to have Light Enchantment or an as-yet-unmade Light attack spell.

I'm fine with the Spin Attack, though, because that ties in with the earlier "overpowers nearly all magical reflection spells" bit.

Thoughts?
  5. Rising Dragon

That's fine. The need to charge with make you vulnerable to many other kinds of things in the meantime, I suppose. A weakness to light could just be chalked up to Dark Affinity if its present.

And the bit about Spin Attack was put in there because it's canon. :V If you charge up a Spin Attack while Ganondorf charges up this attack, the energy wave will reflect the projectiles back at him and stun him, like the regular magic missile attack of his.

Canon = serious business.
  6. Quill

Of course it is; I was just thinking that that particular part would be more trouble than anything else.

[1/2]
  7. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Given Library precedent, I think Wisdom would be the most fitting for this spell. Power is certainly relevant, but I think Wisdom takes priority over that.

2/2
  8. Quill

Re: Void Wave (Major Treasure) [2/2]

Does this have everything in it?

9. Rising Dragon

Yeah, that looks about right.
  10. Quill

Congratulations, you've made another MT! :)