Vector Plate

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Quill, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Hey, so this is an old treasure for a thread that never started. Just running it through to see if it works. I'm ashamed to say it, but this was directly ripped from an anime. I'm not honestly sure if it's Zelda enough to work, but I figured it was best to run it through, just to check.

Name: Vector Plate

P/W/C Type: Wisdom

Appearance: A large, black arrow of 2'5" in length placed on a solid object

Description of Function: When something touches the arrow, they are launched in the direction it's facing at a speed of roughly 25 mph. The arrows do not disappear over time, requiring the caster to dispel them. The caster may summon one arrow for each Wisdom point. Of these, the caster may summon as many as they wish at the moment of casting.

Limitations: Summoning additional arrows dispels currently existing ones, starting with the oldest summoned. Using an arrow causes it to vanish. A minute cool-down is required between casting. Arrows must be placed within the user's sight and within 10 meters. The arrow must be placed on a solid object capable of holding the entirety of the arrow. Although it may fold slightly to fit the object, it may not be placed on intricately formed ground, and may not wrap around objects it is placed on.

Description (open)
    I removed the underlined portions from this original spell.

`Vector Plate
    Original:Eevachu/Quill, Spell – Utility
    [Force], [Projectile], [Trap]
    W5: 45 rupees
    W4: 60 rupees
    W3: 90 rupees
    W2: 120 rupees
    W1: 240 rupees

The user can create a large, black arrow of 2'5" feet in length, of the caster's choosing in location and direction. When something touches the arrow, they are launched in the direction the arrow is facing, at a speed of roughly 25 MPH. The arrow must be placed on a solid object capable of holding the entirety of the arrow. Although it may fold slightly to fit the object, it may not be placed on intricately formed ground, and may not wrap around objects it is placed on. Although the arrows do not disappear over time, all arrows must be placed at once, with more capable of being placed with higher Wisdom. It requires a minute cooldown before another can be placed, any new arrows replacing the old ones. Using an arrow once causes it to vanish. Arrows may be placed no farther than ten meters from the user's location and additionally, the placement location must also be in sight.

For every Wisdom level higher than 1: For each additional point the user has beyond one, they may summon an additional arrow, with two arrows at W2, three arrows at W3, four arrows at W4, and five arrows at W5. The user does not have to summon the full amount, and a W5 user may, say, choose to instead summon 3 arrows. However, while they do not have to be by each other(But still within range), arrows may not be split up in placement.
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Honestly, while it pains me to get rid of a previously accepted treasure, I think the answer to this one is going to be no. It just doesn't make a lot of sense, and it doesn't seem to have precedent in the games. The only time this sort of things appears in games is for a top-down situation where it represents area denial. In this application, I feel like if you hit the panel you would just trip and fall on your face, since people's legs cannot move at 25 MPH.

It just feels kind of goofy and non-Zelda.