Up to date character references

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Tsubori, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

So, I know I'm not the only person on this forum that regards the signature as the superior method of character reference, so I find it very tedious to have to make the same update on two pages every time I do something. I feel like the RP would run more smoothly and make people less annoyed if the rule was that there must be an up to date reference of a character's name, race, PWC, and treasures. Either the profile or signature, as well as a post in the profile recording the RPs and rewards. This would just work so much better, given that you have it as mandatory to have both the Profile and Signature profiles.
  2. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I'm sorry but the character sheets are the official way of keeping track of characters. You must keep them up to date and we are not going to change that. I'm more inclined to take away the sig references than to allow people to neglect their character sheets. And in all honesty, updating two pages when gaining a new treasure isn't as hard as you make it out to be. Sorry.
  3. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Toko, I am not here to contest your authority. I agree it's not terribly time-consuming to update both the sig and the profile, but I'm curious. What is the reason the profiles are used as the 'official' source? If the profiles and the sigs are identical PWC- and treasure-wise, why do the mods 'cling,' for lack of a better word, to the profiles?

Again, I'm not fighting your decision, I'm just curious to the reasoning behind it.
  4. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

The reasoning for this is to enforce a lowest common denominator of sorts. The Character Sheet is the most official document we have relating to your characters, one that we signed off specifically on and one that we can review your character in its entirety on, should any problems arise. In Toko's words:

We need to have a solid base to work off from.

A lot of the members here don't prefer to use their signatures as a lengthy resource for their characters while others prefer that, and it's merely a matter of personal preference. What we don't want is for every other member to use a different form of ways to refer to their characters. If for one person they use the signature, but the next person uses their character sheets, we have to be constantly bouncing between which one is more "official" on an individual RPer basis, and it just makes our job a lot more difficult. A lot of the staff's work involves tediously micro-managing little updates on the site, and by asking you guys to conform to a base-line it alleviates some of this burden for us.
  5. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Okay, I understand. Thank you for clarifying.