Uh, role-play...with me?

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by AnimeLuxray25, Mar 22, 2013.

1. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

So I can find some role-playing buddies here? Great!

I'm new to this website and still grasping all the concepts and whatnot (I haven't done so much reading on a forum in a LONG time ;A;) and I don't have anyone to role-play with yet. So, when I'm ready, does anyone think they could role-play with me? Ergh.
  2. samusbot

samusbot Member new

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've had an account here for quite a while, but I still have yet to actively participate in/complete an RP. So I would be willing to RP with you if we could find a quest to join or come up with one.

(BTW: Do you have an accepted character yet? If you need help with that I could try and walk you through it if we are both on at the same time.)
  3. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Hello, samusbot!
    No, I have no accepted characters yet. I've been having some trouble making one and I could use a little help.
  4. samusbot

samusbot Member new

Ok. You should open up the Community tab up near the top so we can do this in real time chat.

(If you cant figure out how to register, just type your username under the name section then click the profile button. It should prompt for a password or some such, just enter one in and you should be in.)
  5. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Alright, I'll do that now.
  6. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Alright, so I already showed you the Lore page. Next comes the Character Creation Information thread. It'll tell you everything you need to know about creating a character- when you're done with that, lemme know. I'll help you with any questions you may have, and when you're set, we'll move on to the next thing. That sound cool to you?
  7. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

If you guys would like, I could join you for an RP. I have loads of characters for nearly any situation, so anything would be fine with me.
  8. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

I'm halfway done reading the Character Creation Information thread. Thanks.

That would be awesome, bro!
  9. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    If you're ever in desperate need of another person to RP with, I have a roster rivalling the size of Tsu's and I'm usually pretty active. Got a lot of RPs going on at the moment, but some should be close to ending and I'm always up for Classic Dungeons.
  10. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Is that so? You seem cool and I like your avatar so I'm definitely looking forward to RPing with you.
  11. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Let me know when your character is finished, then. I have characters just about anywhere, I'm sure we can come up with something.
  12. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Alright, I will. My character's still very much unfinished, but hopefully she'll be done soon. I hope.
  13. Quill

Somewhere down the line, when the dibs start running thin, I'd like to RP with you. I may need to make a new character for it, though- something I've been considering doing anyway. Until then, though, how's the character creation information thread coming along? Ready for Q&A?
  14. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    :tpr: Quill is considering making a new character? THE APOCALYPSE IS UPON US
  15. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Not good, I'm sad to say. I'm still mostly brainstorming but I have a few ideas.
  16. Quill

lol, I'm not asking you to make a character now- I'm just making sure you don't have any questions on the information thread itself. If you don't, then we can move to the next order of business :)

And, BP, the apocalypse is hardly upon us- it's still just a vague 'mebe' in the back of my head. XD
  17. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Oh, O.K.! We can move on, lol.
  18. Quill

Alrighty then! If you've got no questions on the character creation information thread, then we can move on to the Rules of the forum. These are pretty straightforward, and there shouldn't really be anything new to you if you've RP'd before. Listen to the staff, don't try and cheat the system, don't god-mod, etc.

The last thing is the thread with the information on RPs. The official term for RPs here is "Quests," and the thread that tells you how to start one can be found here. The first post is a straight-forward, no-nonsense post on the system. The second post follows a new member as he starts, writes, and finishes his first quest.

Once you're finished with that, there's nothing major left. There are finer details of the site, but what I've shown you is da big stuff. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.
  19. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

I understand the "Quests" thread. pretty straight-forward and easy to follow. Next.
  20. Quill

I'm glad to hear that it's easy to understand! :)

Well, like I said, that was all the major stuff. You know everything you need to know in order to make a character and start RP'ing. Now, that being said, there are more things I can show you.

This is where the Positions of HC are briefly explained. When you make a character, you'll be known as a Newbie (since, you know, you're new).

You've probably already met the Library of Treasures, but here it is anyway. Please note that the Library button at the top of the page is not currently in use- it's a new project of ours.

Like the Quest thread said, there are rupees, treasures, and Professions. That link takes you to a brief explanation of what they are and how they work.

The Treasure Creation forum is where you can work with the staff to make new treasures for the Library. You can find that easily from the main index page. The Treasure Creation Manual goes over the process.

The Arena is one of my personal favorites. It's basically a PvP area where we can pit one character versus another with 0 consequences, yet with the possibility of rewards. The Regulations of the Arena is where you can learn more. On a related note, there'll be an Arena Tourney coming up in a few weeks. If you're interested, lemme know. :)

There are two places to RP: the main area and the Classic Dungeon area. That's where you can take your characters and run through something like the Temple of Time, the Catfish's Maw, or (if you hate your characters) the Water Temple.

Then there's the Plot- you can find it in the Lore button and in its forum. The Plot basically consists of a series of over-arching events that you can choose to interact with. While you have a lot of opportunities to interact, there are some silver-platter RPs that can be found in the Quest Bureau forum.

You're ready to make a character and start RP'ing! Do you have any questions you'd like to ask, do you want to bounce off character ideas, etc.?