Tweaking the story's style.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Bitoko, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

So I've been thinking about it lately, and I thought it might be cool to take the History/Story and turning it into more of a "story/book" style of thing. More of a narrative than a statement of "this happened." What do you guys think of this? Would it make it better and more enjoyable to read? I just want to make it more of an in depth involved thing. I could add in characters maybe, battle scenes, I don't know, just spice it up a bit. What do you guys think about this?
  2. Nolan

Nolan Member new

I think perhaps the most important events in the history could have narratives to back them up, but I feel like if the entire history is turned into a narrative, it will become more taxing to read than it already is.
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Personally, I like how it reads like a historical account rather than a narrative. You could just add supplemental material in the forms of narratives, though.
  4. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

First off: anyone keep getting SQL ERROR whenever they login?
    Secondly, and more on topic: I like how it is now, it felt more historical. Like it really happened. I think that maybe there should be a RP section just for the historical battles; but then, isn't that what the character backstories are for?
    As for the Hyrule Backstory being a pain to read... well, I enjoyed reading it. I loved the way all the Zelda games were tied together through the Backstory and stuff. Maybe I'm just weird. -__-;
  5. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Yeah I keep getting errors too Quill, don't know whats up. Adad said he will look into it but he has no clue either. Anyway, that is a good idea Guy, I could write optional reads that are more narrative detailed things, because I do want to expand on it. I don't really role play much but that would be a way I could still have fun writing.