Tsubori's Deadliest Warrior: Hyrule Edition

Discussion in 'Sandbox Role Plays' started by Tsubori, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

It was a bright blue day, and on a balcony in front of a massive illustrious mansion in Hyrule Castle Town, there stood a black haired warrior, a long sword on his back. He had an obvious black and red motif to him. He smiled warmly at the growing crowd, addressing those who show up.

"Why hello there! I'm Tsubori, the first and greatest creation of the master and badass guy, Josh Culbert-Kviring. While it's fairly obvious that I'm the most powerful person in Josh's fucked up imagination, we have a little experiment planned." 

A man with reddish brown hair walked out onto the balcony, wearing a black and white sweater with a blue Hurley t-shirt. He was also wearing a golden hunger games mockingjay pin on his sweater. Slight stubble was on his face, with a more prominent chin strap type of beard, though still not too thick. He looked at Tsubori nodding. "Right you are, Tsubori. Six of my Hyrulian creations will duke it out in this very mansion behind me. A free-for-all using every ability they have in their arsenal."

Tsubori laughed. "How sadistic! You're going to enjoy watching this, aren't you Josh?"

"Of course I will!" Josh then turned to the people gathering. "Now, throughout the next couple days, Tsubori and I will be going over each fighter's abilities, powers, equipment, and statistics. Then we will find out which is my best creation in Hyrule Castle!"

Tsubori shrugged. "Sounds to me like you've been watching deadliest warrior reruns... Either way, we'll now introduce our six fighters!" A young man in light armor walked out into the courtyard underneath the balcony. 

Josh motioned towards him. "Fighter #1, hailing from Hyrule Castle town, Elite Guard Jayden Darrah! Jayden's been training under the HAREON program for a long time, giving him rather efficient and effective training. On the down side, he's a bit short."

Jayden glared up at Josh, who responded with a chuckle and a shrug. Next a young adult wearing what seemed to basically be a beanie in all black clothes came out, beaming and waving to the crowd. "And that, everyone, is Masaro Otak, freelance photographer and idiot Mage, from the oh so distant place of two streets down. Err... This story isn't nearly as exciting. Lived with his parents, got bored and left. At least now he shares a house with a hot painter girl. A devout practicer of three different martial arts and... Pacifism, Masaro could actually prove to be decent in a fist fight... Pacifism? Really?"

Masaro reached into his bag and pulled out jimmy. "What about jimmy!"

Tsubori laughed a bit at Masaro's outburst. "Right, Jimmy. Masaro's pet rock Jimmy, sure to help out with stuff. Like vandalism or... Weighing down objects maybe."

A small kokiri girl then proceeded to glide out into the courtyard with her hover shoes. "Is it going to be heated in the mansion? I don't want to have to worry about freezing my ass off in there."

Josh nodded. "Yup, heated. Plus we can count on Stjarnstill to assist with that. Anyhoo, this little spitfire from the kokiri forest is Keiliegh L'Archa, and surprise! She's a kokiri! Watched her friend die at a young age, and this set her up to make herself stronger." Keiliegh looked up in shock at what Josh was saying. "Now she also looted her friend's house for goodies, including the hover shoes she's got on now. She may look like a total sweetie, but I bet she'll be a promising contender with her abnormal fighting and high speed."

A running woman came into the court, stopping next to Keileigh. Tsubori began to speak. "Harena Tenebris, born in the Tantari desert. Trained as a gerudo warrior since birth, this powerful combatant of a woman has fought many and come out on top."

Josh then butted in. "Yeah, and did we mention she's a fanatical worshipper of Ganon?" Harena only facepalmed. "Hey, just be glad Barth didn't hear that. If he did, we'd be starting this fight up right now."

He then continued commentating as a young boy joined the others, a cloak over him, and an allnight mask covering his face. "Now, this creepy little bastard is Stjarnstill. Used to live in Hyrule castle town, but now he's just a shit disturber in the lost woods, giving Jayden's *ahem* Female friend... All sorts of hell."

Jayden blushed profusely while Stjarnstill giggled. The final warrior lumbered into view. Tsubori looked at him, surprisingly with a slightly impressed look on his face. "From the eastern caves of southern Hyrule, Bartholomew Gaites! With his 35 pound Goron iron Zanbato, he's a fearsome sight to behold. And of course, despite his one arm being gone, he's entirely capable of annihilating his enemies. After fighting them his whole life, Barth has grown a massive hatred of all Ganon's servants."

Josh nodded. "Yup, just as intimidating as I'd desired. But everyone, you can feel free to place bets and say who you think is going to win in the forums!" 

Tsubori looked at him quizzically. "Forum? What do you mean?" 

"Ohhhhh, nothing~" He said with a smirk. "Tomorrow we'll be starting the testing of Jayden Darrah for his capabilities. Stick around to find out Tsubori's deadliest warrior: Hyrule edition!"
  2. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Within the massive mansion was a gigantic room. Adorning this room were many weapons, dummies, and other odd things. Josh walked out calmly into the center of the room, picking up a replica of Jayden's Korteklauw. "Not bad. Oh, hi there! I didn't see you come in. Welcome to day two of Tsubori's deadliest fighter, Hyrule castle edition." He placed the blade back down. 

"Today we'll be looking at the abilities and equipment of my first creation on Hyrule Castle: Jayden Darrah. But before that, I'll have to introduce you to our four special judges. Firstly, we have our judge from the far off land that nobody's heard of here, a student at the prestigious Altium Academy and prodigy pilot, rocking a robotic leg like a champ, I give you, Krysta Cherenkov." Motioning to the girl at the large table with long black hair and a loose fitting violet and white combat-suit. She looked no older than seventeen or eighteen. She was currently looking over a few pages of data on each fighter.

Next to her was an even younger looking kid with blond hair out in juts. He was currently in the midst of looking around the room at all the shiny stuff. "Now from Kyrenia, the same world as Tsubori, the kid genius who honestly can't make up his mind if he's a villain or not. With an even bigger case of ADD and ADHD than yours truly, the ability to possess electronics and lightning blast hands, Eric "Volt" Carnihan!"

Volt waved both hands in the air, a big smile on his face. It was then that the tall man next to him took a swig of alcohol from a large mug. "And of course, the thief, lawyer and frat boy, all rolled into one. James Ulrett from the Marcelli Empire in Skylessia."

James interjected, leaning back in his chair. "I didn't even want to come to this thing originally, but they convinced me."

Josh laughed. "Haha! See? Would James partake in alternate universal travel for futuristic drugs and alcohol from Altium? We certainly don't think so." James nodded behind him discretely.

"Lastly, we have a guest judge who made time in her fulltime job as bodyguard of a high-ranked noble in a country I spontaneously just forgot the name of. Daughter of a birdman and a healer, she's a master of Dark Magic and looks awesome while she's at it, if you're willing to put up with her nasty personality. Presenting, miss Aelika Dawnshade from the continent of Tellius." He made an arm gesture in the direction of the last judge, a young woman with long, dark purple hair and golden eyes in a black strapless dress, who had her arms crossed over her... ample... bosom.

James then looked over. "Woah, damn. Those are certainly nice." 

Aelika raised her hand to cast a spell, but put it back down reluctantly. "You, human filth, are very lucky my master's reputation would be beyond soiled if I got in trouble here..." Josh leaned on the table with a smirk. "As you can see, the judges all signed forms saying they wouldn't kill each other. That'll be helpful for all the remarks they send back and forth. But anyway, I think we should get started on Jayden's analysis."

Suddenly Masaro walked out from his room, waving to the judges. Josh shook his head. "Not your turn yet dumbass." 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNHnZdCzUcY

Jayden walked out from one of the rooms in front of the panel of judges. Krysta stood, taking one last glance over her paperwork. "Jayden Darrah, 19 years of age. Five foot three, one hundred and forty one pounds. While well under the average height, thus providing more powerful enemies easy opportunity to muscle you out, this allows you to fit into places many could not. BMI of 28.2, yet total fat percentage of 1.2 percent. Impressive. Blood type O-..."

Josh interrupted. "Keep it relevant, Krysta." 

"Right." She peered back at her notes, mentally sorting through what was relevant and not in a second or two. "While only partially taught academics and such, from rather young age, he has a very good understanding of combat and military strategy, both team and individual. This same training also granted him a rather high understanding of swordplay and archery...."

"All in all," Aelika said, her arms still crossed, "Trained in most aspects of combat. Though I fear that, as with most military divisions, his training has been solely physical rather than giving any attention to magic. This would leave him vulnerable to magic attacks, as I don't think he has a naturally high resistance-"

Volt then interrupted, jumping up from his chair. "Too much talking! Let's test weapons!" He then sat down, drinking from his glass of Lon Lon milk. Aelika glared at him, magic sparks at her twitching fingertips, but she kept herself in check.

Josh nodded. "Right, Krysta. Thanks for the introduction and sparing no details." The woman merely nodded and sat down. "First to be tested is Jayden's trusty sword, Korteklauw. Tell us more, Jayden."

Lifting his blade, Jayden held it in front of the judges. "This is Korteklauw, the sword made for me in similar fashion to my father's. It uses a kopesh style, giving it even more powerful slices."

James felt the edge of the sword, noting it's sharpness. "Look shorty, we're gonna have a lot of pointy stuff on here, so we took a ton of pigs and set them up for slicing. The first pig will be a slash target, try to cut through it as well as you can." 

Volt looked at the pig with hungry eyes, muttering "Bacon..." 

Aelika slung her hair over her shoulder. "The second pig is NOT for bacon," she shot a glare at Volt, "but for us to evaluate your sword's capabilities to stab targets. Do remember that the organisation is by no means responsible for damage caused to your weapon."

Krysta then nodded towards the pigs. "We'll be watching for things from your technique to your sword's ability to perform."

Jayden took his position near both pigs, spinning Korteklauw in his hand. He wasted no time, swinging the blade into the first pig, the tip ending about an inch before the spine. The sharpness of the sword, however, slashed right through the pig, putting blood onto the floor. The lower half of the pig was hanging by just an inch of flesh and the spine, but Jayden didn't wait around. He immediately plunged his sword through the second pig. It tore through the ribs and spine, coming out the back after going right to the hilt. Jayden pulled out, and after focusing for a moment, spun three times, raising his sword each spin. The result was three cuts, bisecting the pig with each one. Once done, he cleaned his sword, sheathing it.

James nodded enthusiastically. "Alright, not bad! The sword's pretty good, sliced through that stuff like cheese." 

Volt stood up, beaming happily. "That spinny thing was cooool! It's like a... A... A... Tornado thingy!" He then picked up one of the thin cuts of meat that the spin had made. "Lookathis! It's like a steak!"

Krysta looked on, no emotion on her face and looking at Jayden analytically. "It's a good weapon, if a bit of a short reach. That combined with your short reach in comparison to others may pose a disadvantage. Apart from that, it functions as it should."

"Although your short reach can definitely pose a problem," Aelika concluded, "You seem to be skilled enough and your weapon in good enough a condition for the battle." She pulled one of Krysta's sheets to herself to tick something on it off with a quill. "Approved."

Jayden nodded to the judges, pulling out his next weapon. His composite bow, Heko Pesaga mark one. "This is a bow called Heka Pesaga by the one who made it. It was made for me, just like Korteklauw, based on my father's weaponry. It can be used to fire downrange about 150 meters accurately. Right now I'm using basic steel headed arrows. And the barbed arrows will cause even more hell on the way out than in."

Volt nodded. "Yay! Bows! Me likey!" The kid then sat perfectly still, watching the knight's every move. "Go. Shoot the mr piggies now!" Jayden turned, shooting an arrow into three pigs. The first was at 50 meters, and Jayden nailed it dead center in the chest. The second at 100 meters was a bit off, about a foot below and two inches wide to the left. The third and final shot to a 150 meters away target went into the shoulder. Volt immediately leapt over to the first pig, pulling out the arrow, using his finger as a marker to show penetration depth. "Oh, looky here..." the arrow had gone in four inches, and each shot was the same. 

The young archer held the bow. "Good build for the weapon..." He flexed the string easily, and fired and arrow into the far pig's mouth. "I like it! Can I keep it?!" He said enthusiastically, to which Jayden only shook his head. Looking sad for a second, Volt walked back to the table, sitting down. Krysta put down a pencil, looking up at Jayden.

"Your superior training above most and versatility in ranged and melee combat will be taken into account, don't worry."

Jayden walked back into the room he was assigned, and that concluded the events of day one. Josh then picked up a pair of Pegasus boots, inspecting them. "We also have these. We won't be doing any tests on them, but Jayden will certainly be getting them in the fight. Thanks for watching, or in this case reading, and join us next time where we examine the amazing idiot mage, Masaro Otak. Have a great night everyone!"