Trial and Error

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by WillowtheWhisp, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Tapping his foot impatiently, Dante waited in the old, moldering, crackling, dusty church. Light speared in from the walls, spotting the dark wood floors, and revealing every nook and cranny. The church was old, and had perhaps been there since before even Nabooru had been erected. At the center of the chapel lay a massive boulder, around which it seemed the entire church was built; the wood floor wrapped around the rock, and didn't seem to have been broken by it at all. The rock itself was pristine, as was the surrounding area; the artifact was glowing with a holy radiance. Carved on its face, and sparkling with blue crystal, was the symbol of Nayru. It seemed that this particular formation was blessed by the goddess herself, which was likely the reason for the creation of the church around it. Dante wondered if this was, perhaps, the reason that Victus was in Nabooru. And, in retrospect, Dante could see why. Even as a follower of Farore, he could feel the coolness of Nayru's affection washing over him, its epicenter the edifice in the center of the room. He did not doubt for a moment that it was not blessed.

Laying at its base, the Deku spied flowers, candles, all sorts of assorted good, including rupees. For a moment he was tempted to walk to them, and see if it were worth it. He was instantly hit with a pang of guilt. He would not willingly defile a place of the goddesses, though he certainly had no qualms with taking the rupees... Perhaps the place had made him grow a conscience. Whatever it was, though, it could not completely erase his angst of the moment. Seeing Victus again probably meant apologizing to him for his rude behavior before. Still, Dante' wasn't so sure if he could get used to the sight of the priest willingly breaking the bones of his opponents, yet being unable to deal them the final blow. Grunting, he shook his head, wondered why he even had to apologize in the first place. Letting them go was reckless... yet perhaps it was the right thing to do? Dante wasn't so sure. Looking around, the rest of the church was abandoned, his incessant foot-tapping having long ago driven away everyone else. He had yet to realize it, though those that had left already had, but he had the appearance of a man with a growing conscience, who badly needed a confession. As it were, he continued rapping away at the floorboards, waiting for a priest.
  2. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    (( continues from Here ))

"Dante, what brings you here?" Victus asked with surprise, curious as to what might of posessed the scrub to come here. "Hold that thought, let me get Tent here into a bed then we can talk." With that, Victus led Tent to the back rooms, where he took him to one of the empty beds and told the situation to one of the priests. He also handed them the bag of herbs he had managed to collect before returning to Dante.

"So, where were we? Oh yes, what brings you here?"
  3. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    He coughed, looked around for a second, wondered if there was any way of going around this, other than the obvious way. Seeing no alternative, he sighed, looked at Victus, and began to speak. "Guy and I have been.... erm.... talking to each other, and forming plans." Dante kicked at the ground. "Our goal is the formation of a Brigade, formed of dependable, and formidable, Dekus. Eventually, we will make forays into Southern Hyrule as a team, doing our own part in this war." He paused for a moment, letting the information sink in. "We... No, I thought you might be interested. We both agreed that we would extend a formal invitation to you, to join in this Brigade, as you have a rather... unique skill set that we would greatly appreciate." Dante finished, stopping for a second, to form his thoughts. He was not done speaking.

"However, that is not the only reason that I have come here today. We need your help, the Brigade needs your help. Seeing as you are a priest here," Dante waved at the surrounding church, "we believe that you may have certain influence with the local government. We would like you assistance in convincing the government to allow the placement of a Deku Brigade outpost here, within the town limits. Being so close to Southern Hyrule, and away from most civilization, there are certain benefits we would like to take advantage of here in Nabooru. I myself will be building a great flying machine for the Brigade, and I need a place to build it in secret... The plans to said ship are a secret, and must be hidden from curious eyes. The forest nearby is the perfect hiding place. Will you help us?" Dante finished fiercely, looking straight into Victus' eyes with the same conviction of beliefs that Victus had displayed when they had first met.
  4. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Victus listened to Dante as he spoke, listened to the plans of a brigade of brave adventures and flying machines soaring across the southern lands waging war against the foul armies of darkness. Granted, that's not how Dante worded it, and Victus was starting to learn snippets of how Dante viewed things compared to himself, but it was a means to an end. He let Dante finish his speech before responding to the questions, taking care to ensure he answered all he could.

"You have a grand dream, my friend," Victus started, collecting his thoughts, "and I would love to, nay, I'd be honored to travel with you and others alike doing such tasks." Victus stopped for a moment, resting his hammer on the ground instead of on his shoulder, then continued. "Alas, Dante, I hail from here about as much as I hail from anywhere. I've spent many, many years travelling and adventuring. While I consider all places my home, I lack a certain familiar pull with the high ups, and only have about as much recognization as any other of the cloth."

"Now, that doesn't mean I can't help, and I'm sure with much heavy persuasion we should be able to get the land you seek, these Hylian people just take a little more convincing to see the big picture. By Nayru we will be able to find a way to get this done, I'm sure of it."
  5. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    "Uhm. Well, it's not ideal, but at least we'll be able to approach them respectably. I have the feeling that Guy's reputation is less than... heroic, with some people. And truth be told, I have no idea where I am going in this town." Dante shrugged helplessly. "So, any help you can offer is much needed, and much appreciated." He finished, turning towards the door and beginning to walk towards it. "Still, I'm hoping they'll be more than lenient with us, considering we helped save some of their kind." Dante's voice didn't have much hope, though. People tended to quickly forget the good deeds done for them, especially if it meant feeding dozens of empty stomachs, and giving them beds to rest. They were refugees, and likely had little more than the ragged clothes they had journeyed in. Sighing, he pushed out the doors, and was blinded by the white light.

"So, where to now?" He called back behind him, walking out into the dirt road. It seemed the city was fairly active at the moment. Dante suspected that many of the people up at the moment were spreading the news of the arrival of the survivors. It seemed that the news hadn't completely spread. Pulling his cloak up around his head and shoulders, he hoped that he would escape notice. He hated large crowds, and even more so, if he were the center of attention. Dante hoped that Victus would do the same, and would not be long in showing him the way in which they should be walking.
  6. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Victus took up the lead for Dante since the Scrub didn't seem to be as familiar with Nabooru as Victus was. Walking down the streets, Victus started to notice Dante's uneasiness and how he had pulled up his hood, so Victus decided to turn left. If they were going to walk through town, might as well take the lesser used roads, even if they took longer, it would probably be better for two Deku Scrubs to be in less populated areas. Down this new road though, Victus passed a set of houses which made him slap his hand to his forehead, making a small, dull thud.

"You know Dante, instead of trying to talk with the government, why don't we find a noble instead? They tend to buy up large sections of land for farming or housing, I'm sure there will be one with the land you seek. Sound like a plan?"
  7. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    He scratched at his head, wondering why he had not thought of this. Perhaps having Victus along would not be so bad. He nodded, agreeing with Victus' logic. "Lead on, then!" He said emphatically, and with a slight tinge of happiness. Dante looked around, wondering about the citizens of Nabooru. They seemed to live fairly well, and yet they were so close to Death Mountain. Perhaps their men needed less military training than Dante had originally thought. Still, perhaps he and Guy could return one day, and put together a proper fighting force for the town. It was, after all, going to be the site of the Deku Brigade's first base. In theory any ways.

"Any idea what these nobles will ask for their land? I highly doubt that they'll just hand us a deed, unfortunately..." Dante asked of Victus, walking shoulder to shoulder with him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.