Treasure Suggestion: Light Enchantment

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Eevachu, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Before you say anything, I want to say this. This light(and any light related object obtainable by members, for that matter) should be treating light simply as another element like fire or ice. Not some special OP as shit goddess power like in the games. The Light Element I'm talking about here and Holy Light should be treated as two different things. Now that that's out of the way, I'm here to suggest a Light Enchantment. It hasn't been added for the obvious OP as hell reasons shown in the games. But, if we're not treating it or light like that(And we shouldn't since that's just ridiculous to give to people), why not add the Light Enchantment? Although I really don't think it should be needed, if it does, we could make it a major treasure. I don't think it's even needed, though. But anyway, I'll post this Light Enchantment below, which as you can tell, was made by lazily C/Ping Fire Enchantment. :U

Also, credit to Quill for inspiring the idea.

`Light Enchantment
    aka: `Light Arrow, `Light Augmentation
    Canonical, Spell - Offensive
    [Enchantment], [Light]

W5: 60 rupees
    W4: 60 rupees
    W3: 100 rupees
    W2: 140 rupees

Prerequisite to acquire: 2 Wisdom

By channeling their magical power into a weapon held in their hand, the user is capable of temporarily giving it an illuminating property. It will glow yellow, then sear it's target on the next impact. It deals additional damage to the undead. Along with this, the enchanted object will illuminate the immediate vicinity for up to 7 feet. Because of the magical strain, a weapon can be enchanted by this spell no more than once a minute.

This item is completely different than the 'Light Arrows' found in Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask ,and the Wind Waker.

If the user has a Wisdom of 5, or the user's Specialty is Light: The magical strain is diminished to the point where the spell can be used indefinitely, or be used on an ally's weapon, but only be active on a single weapon at a time.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Yay, I support! ^_^

I totally agree with Eev; let's stay out of the whole messy "holy power" thing and stick with "elemental light." It makes sense that it deals damage to undead; it doesn't need to be holy to do that.

I would use this. I don't know about you all, but LIGHT makes for a really cool effect, plus now the rest of us have a defense against the hordes of rare, angsty vampires roaming the blessed land of Hyrule o.0

Besides, it sounds really practical; aside from damage, I can see myself using this non-combustible light source to illuminate dark areas, instead of having to RP something up.

There's nothing controversial here, not that I can see anyway (if someone treats it as OP, then they'd be breaking the rules, just like with anything else). Maybe I'm just blind :tpr:

I, with all the knowledge and wisdom that is mine by n00bie right, say this should be passed!
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

There's a slight hypocrisy here: If this enchantment is indeed simply a light element and not a "holy" element as in the Zelda games, why would it deal addition damage to undead?

Furthermore, a specific note should be placed in the description declaring that this enchantment is on an entirely different level from Light Arrows.

Aside from those rather small issues, the only real laws with this I can see are minor grammatical errors, which could be easily fixed.
  4. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Because Guy, in Ocarina of Time, Link could use the Sun Song to paralyze ReDeads, because they are adversly effected by the light of the sun.
  5. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Well, I suppose that makes sense for redeads. Furthermore, Stalfos, Poes, and other undead creatures from most of the recent primary Zelda games only appear during the night. I suppose it could stand to reason that a Light-based weapon could deal more damage to them.... and Keese, who have shown sensitivity to light on numerous occasions.

I suppose this solves that issue, then. :wtf:
  6. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    I know solved, but I just want to add because it just popped into my head, that the Stalfos Link fights in the fields of Hyrule only come out at night and disappear in the morning.
  7. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

I added something specifying it's not the Light Arrows from the games. I couldn't find any grammatical errors, although they might've been there from the Fire Enchantment, unless it's in one of the things I added.
  8. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

I'm still waiting on Toko's opinion that he has said to post but not done so. If he doesn't soon, I will assume it is fine and has been approved and add it to the library.

Also: I'd like a way to specify "Additional damage dealt to undead".