Treasure Refunds

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Razgriz, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

What are the rules for treasure refunds? I can find nothing of the sort unless the treasure was changed recently, win which you get a refund if you choose to "hand in" the treasure. But what about misinterpretations? (Here's to looking at you Thunderstomp) Or that for whatever reason just don't work as they should?

We could do this in a case-by-case basis, but that also brings up that some mods are more accepting of these than others, so more explanations might fly or get a full as opposed to partial refund.

Perhaps a universal half-refund for these kinds of things? More just a thought, but it might something we want to address.
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

I'm assuming you mean all treasures, at all times? ...Because that seems like it could be a bit abusable, at least when it comes to treasures like Specialty, or any innate racial perks. Those perhaps should be more or less set in stone, and difficult (or impossible) to remove. Many racial perks or abilities gained through treasures could be given up for profit, even...

So long as the treasures aren't exploitably removed, however, I at least could come to terms with a universal half-refund. That is, (a) if the treasure itself was earned via a quest or dungeon, and (b) the treasure isn't something like Specialty which could be acquired, exploited for rupees or items, then removed or cashed in before the downsides of having the treasure come into things. This could also apply to treasures which only give a one-time metagame effect, like Magic Proficiency, one which would increase Major Treasure slots.