Treasure Discussion! Soul Reave/Imbue

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Eevachu, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

So, I had a couple treasures in mind that I want people's thoughts on, if anyone's interested in giving them. Treasure creations are closed this month, so I thought I'd make a topic and see what people think.

`Soul Reave
    The user's weapon glows with/is enchanted by something or whatever I dunno yet. This weapon will phase through all living creatures and beings, and will not cause physical harm to them. Upon passing through a living being, the weapon will damage the target's soul, effecting their emotions. An example is like, if you sliced through an angry Moblin with this, they could lose their will to keep raging but still be furious, or end up calming down. Souls would heal after 24 hours or a good night's rest(whichever comes first), but taxing mental activity or stress, or being rather emotional can damage your soul even further while in this state, causing the condition to become even worse or for it to take even longer to heal.

What emotion is effected specifically, I'm not sure by yet. It could be a choice decided when the user enchants the weapon, whatever emotion is currently the most dominant/prevalent in the target, complete random or something else entirely.

Edit: I thought of another addition to add.

"With one strike, they lose the emotion, and with a second strike, they fall into the opposite of the emotion they lost." There's still the question of how the emotion is decided, but I think this idea fits a lot better and makes the idea easier to wrap your brain around.

The other treasure idea I'm a little on the fence on, but I'll include it anyway.

`Soul Imbue
    It's similar in mechanics to Soul Reave up above. However, instead of damaging the user's emotions, it adds to them, enhancing and increasing an emotion. As with above, I'm not sure if it should be choice or random, or what.

So to anyone reading, what do you think? Do you like it? Even if not on any character you have currently, would you be interested in using this treasure? Do you have any comments/suggestions on what I have? Can you think of better names because these are awful? Can you think of any interesting or fun scenarios these could be used in? And lastly, do you think it fits on a Zelda RP?

To anyone who does, thanks a lot for reading and responding, I appreciate it.

Edit: Note, I haven't considered balance stuff yet, but if someone wants to post stuff about that feel free.

Also, this was just one draft based on the concept of an attack damaging the target spiritually instead of physically. If anyone thinks of anything from this concept, feel free to post them!