Trash Section

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Adaar, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Adaar

Adaar New Member reg

I vaguely remember us having an "old threads/Trash" section on HS where we'd put all of the old/unused threads. I don't know if it was a standard thing or not with Zetaforums (or whatever it was), but I was thinking it could be kind of interesting to have here. Reason is, I don't like months-old topics floating around the site (the bit of OCD in me) but feel that they could be fun to keep elsewhere.

Thoughts?(We can pass this to the whole site if anybody really wants to. )
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Firstly, put this thread in the Suggestion Bin. One of many things which annoyed me about HS was that too many ideas were exclusive to the staff area.

Anyway, I definitely agree. I'm finished with "Lottery Errant" and have no desire to post in it again, let alone have someone else post in it. Even so, I don't want it to be just deleted. A storage area for all the old threads, which everyone could view, would be pretty nice.

But what defines an 'old thread'? Off the top of my head, I would say it's viably old if it has no new posts for a month and isn't stickied.
  3. Adaar

Adaar New Member reg

Good thinking.
    -Moved-

I was thinking 3 weeks of no posting would merit a move.
  4. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Yah, I think it would be nice to have a thing moved if it was a month old, and placed in an area where we can still view it.

When I think of that though, I should probably post in one of my threads which I'm sure is nearing the 1-month time, lol.
  5. Adaar

Adaar New Member reg

We could notify the topic-starter of a thread that their thread is nearing the whatever-we-decide-deadline before we move it... just as a precaution.
  6. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

An Archives forum would work. RP Topics shouldn't be archived, though. If the topic hasn't been posted in for a month, it's archived. If the creator(Or someone else in some cases) wants to un-archive it, they can just ask. It should be viewable to all, though.

That's my thoughts, anyway.
  7. Guy

Guy Admin admin

So I heard we have a archives forum now.