Transfer to Xenforo Complete!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Bitoko, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Hey everyone. As you can already tell, the transfer to Xenforo is complete. This is a very exciting time for HC, and I really hope you all enjoy it!

While this is awesome, it is expected that the first few weeks of it may be a bit rocky. You can consider this a "Beta" of sorts, and I am looking for the help of you all to help me find out bugs and things that don't quite look right.

One known bug is the fact that spoilers are not working. This makes for some very long sigs, however I think Adad64 can help us with this, so hold tight on that for a bit.

If you notice anything else, function or skin related, please say so in this thread! I will fix as much as I can.
    Terrel and Fcgfyv like this.
  2. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

WHAT UNIVERSE HAVE I STEPPED INTO? D:

:D Just kidding, this is really awesome. We don't have our awesome Zelda-themed smileys faces, which makes me not as smiley.

Also, remember how you guys didn't want a "like" system because it would be too much like Facebook? Too bad, you're getting it. :cool: But seriously, I think that it is really nice because if someone reads a post that they like, but can't reply to it because it's a thread where they can't reply or something, they can "like" it or something.

Anyway, I'll get to work on fixing up my image. *flips hair*
    adad64 likes this.
  3. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

The smilies will be coming soon!
  4. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Looks nice overall. A couple small critiques;

The "Go to First Unread" button is a little hard to read unless you're like, angled perfectly. It's not too difficult, but I think making it a tad bit darker would be nice. Along with this, the "New" icon for new posts in the top right of the posts is very difficult to read.

I know they haven't because it didn't transfer over, but I'll go ahead and mention them. The names for member groups aren't there.

An actual (minor!) critique! For new posts on the main board, everyone's name is uncolored. I thought this was just because the colors hadn't transferred over, but your name is differently colored on the board, but it still appears as the same color on the index.

If I see any other nitpicky stuff I'll edit it in.
  5. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Oh, dear. I guess I'll save my signature to my hard drive for now. Sorry to everyone who's had to put up with it while I was asleep!

Also, if Toko doesn't mind me doing this in his thread, if any issues specific to the Ylisse forum come up, please let us know as well. Now that the new forum software is installed, we can finally get to actually fixing them.

On the note of Ylisse, due to how the new URLs work it's possible that it will take a few days until all the links in all the threads work properly again. I'll endeavour to have it fixed ASAP though.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  6. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Is like, 'Where am I? What is this?'

But seriously I think you should maybe make a thread that explains the changes and how to access certain features; It took me almost 15 minutes to find the new PM system, so some explanation would be good.

PS: What do the points mean?
  7. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Thats an excellent idea Raz, I will try to do that later tonight. As for the points, its kind of like a gamer score but for the forums. I will make a post about them as well.
  8. Clank

Clank Can we please kill the overuse of AJAX? reg

Hmm, this is all everyone was getting exited about, really?
  9. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    This is gonna take some getting used to.
  10. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Sweet. I'm going to have to pull a BP and save my sig somewhere, though, lol. I think the mainpage could be streamlined a bit, just in terms of spacing and stuff, but I think it looks great! Good job, Toko!
  11. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Be more specific with your main index suggestions quill, though there isnt going to be much changing other than adding more to the sidebar.
  12. Quill

Mmm, never mind. Turns out it's just a natural adjustment thing, lol. Never mind :)
  13. Quill

Actually, I do have a thing. For individual threads, the way the thread's title is pushed against the far left and far top feels a little awkward. Is there any way to space that out a little?
  14. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Testing look of quotes.
  15. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Woot! Spoiler tags work again!
  16. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Smilies are now in! :O:lol::blun_n::tpr:
  17. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I'm preferring that look for quotes, Toko. Definitely a lot easier to read. Now to get my sig set up again.
  18. Quill

It looks like the only people with colored names are the mods and the admins. Can Xenforo do rank-colors?
  19. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Yes, however I'm not going to be coloring ranks and am instead going to be making banners for Vet/Reg that people will have under their avatars like we have Webmaster and Moderator. However, they'll be a little different.
  20. Quill

Ooooooh! I like that idea! That'll be fancy! I also like the idea of not putting rank colors on the index page, since that can look bad to newcomers if there's just one color splashed everywhere.