Tour the Blackheart

Discussion in 'Accepted Characters' started by Sypherion, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Sypherion

Sypherion New Member new

This Character is developed for the continuation and improvements of the story.

Name: Tour the Blackheart

Race: Hylian

Place of Origin: Hyrule Castle Guard

P/W/C: 2/4/1

Treasure: Dominion Rod

Rupees: 50

Height: 6' 1''

Weight: 200 LBS

Equipment:
    His sword is a Cutlass forged from Goron steel and has been tainted by the killing of innocent people as he marches against the people of Southern Hyrule. On its pummel he carries the plum of the Dark knight as a reminder to his forces that he is both a warrior and as a Commander.

His armor is reminiscent of his Knighthood with the Court. A plate steel suit that is as black as his heart, giving credit to his earned nickname "Blackheart". His armor is covered by a Half / Half black leather cape which runs from from his mid-back to his chest which covers his right side.

Appearance: Ages in the Royal army have not been kind to this mans face or hair which is now wrinkled and grey. Despite this his face and body still bears the signs of strength through wisdom on the battlefield.

Personality: Tour is a great commander and strategist, but his desire for power make him dangerous and violent. While having the capacity to be kind and calm it is only a mean to an end. When entering into a room he would command respect, not out of admiration, but from fear.

Backstory: Born to a minor house of the Hyrule Court, Tour was always bullied by the fellows of higher houses and mocked for his desire to elevate his station. When he was of age, Tour took to the army and found himself a squire for a knight of the Court. This knight was aging and was soon to announce his leave of the knighthood, when he was challenged by Tour to his place as a knight. The combat lasted only minutes which left Tour the victor by decapitation.

After his victory, Tour was assigned to a Battalion of soldiers which he would eventually lead against the Hordes of Ganon during his assault of Southern Hyrule. During this time tour became more and more blood thirsty and consumed with power and glory. During one of his missions his men where ambushed by a group of Stallfo's and Ironknuckles under the command of a Dark Knight. After his men where killed and he could no longer fight he was brought before the Dark Knight where he eventually brokered a deal which would eventually lead to him betraying the Dark Knight and seizing control of the Horde forces he once fought.

After taking inventory of his forces he knew what he had was a simple strike force and if he was to march on Northern Hyrule he would need to unite the remaining Horde forces either through parlay... or being them in line through submission. As a seasoned commander he was certain he could turn this rag tag unit and turn them into a formidable fighting force.

Now he bides his time drawing in his allies as many do not know of his treachery and his betrayal of the King and his court.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I'm not really sure what's going on. Is Tour evil? You mention that his sword is tainted with the blood of innocents, and later on it sounds like he's serving Ganon, but I'm not quite sure. The Personality section holds useful information, but only the last sentence actually talks about what he's like. The Personality section is used as a reference for you and your fellow RP'ers later on as a quick summation of what he acts like and how he thinks.

This sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm left a little confused.
  3. Sypherion

Sypherion New Member new

Tour is very much evil now... And he does in fact serve Ganon :)
  4. Quill

Ooh, a character on the other side! That sounds awesome! You'll have to check with Toko and Ribs about what's possible, since I know they have plans with Ganon's army and stuff. Buuuut I'll let them talk about that plotty stuff. Could you reflect his evil-ness in the Personality? It doesn't say much about his actual personality at the moment besides that he can be calm during battle and has a weakness for rupees and women. The more you can tell about what makes your character tick (anger management, greed, lust, loves puppies, hates all humanity, etc.) the better. Finally, can you clarify in the Backstory that he does indeed currently serve Ganon? It's a little unclear at the moment.

As a Newbie, you have 3 additional points to spend in Tour's P/W/C however you wish, thereby greatly decreasing the price of some treasures. Also, there are three different origin points for Northern Hylians: Northern Civilian, which would give him 1/2/1, Magic Proficiency, and Rupee Riches; Hyrule Castle Guard, which would give him 2/1/1, Sense, and Spin Attack; and Thief of the Lost Woods/Resident of Darunia, which would give him 1/1/2, Rupee Riches, and Sense.

Remember that after you finish configuring Tour's P/W/C score, you have 100 rupees to buy treasures with at the moment of creation. More, if you choose Northern Civilian. If you don't want to buy him treasures at creation, which is fine, it's still a good idea to list how many rupees you have left for future reference.

Other than all that, this is looking good! It'll be nice to have a character on the other side running around.
  5. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Being on Ganon's side is tricky yet definitely doable. There are some rules you'lll have to abide by though, no one has seen or heard from Ganon in years and when the battle between Him and Link happened the outcome was never known so Ganon could be dead, injured, or perhaps hes just biding his time but no one really knows. Keeping this in mind, it means that you can't have direct contact with him, you also can't go into Death Mountain. Also, how does his evilness effect how other Hylians treat him? Is he welcome in towns like Hyrule Castle Town? Is it common knowledge that hes evil?

Also, as for leading hordes of monsters, how did he come to fall to evil? And how did the monsters accept him as someone to lead them? These are things that you should probably address.
  6. Sypherion

Sypherion New Member new

I have edited his profile to better answer some questions.

But to put bluntly... Tour has always had dark inclinations but has never acted upon them because he knows it would be his end. But once he has the means to do as he wishes he jumps at the opportunity...
  7. Sypherion

Sypherion New Member new

I was actually wanting to not worry about treasures and what not... I'm more of a story RP guy myself :)
    I would be more than willing to RP his taking of a small part of the Horde...
  8. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Be as it may, the entire point behind Hyrule Castle is not about the acquisition of Treasures and in fact Treasures can be used to help progress stories or character development. You're still free to not have any, but just remember that they won't interfere with the progress of the story and that you shouldn't be afraid of using them.
  9. Sypherion

Sypherion New Member new

I've always had a hard time using use items as an extension of a character. Feels to foreign to me... :)
  10. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Perhaps, but it can be done. That said, treasures are also a viable way of making a character such as this a credible threat to good-aligned characters. For a warrior-type character like this, some of the [weaponbase] treasures would be fairly useful, as they are ultimately combat skills like the ones Link displayed in Twilight Princess and Adventures of Link.
  11. Sypherion

Sypherion New Member new

Interesting... I will have to get more information regarding which treasure I could incorporate into Tour.
  12. Quill

Most treasures are not actually material items. If you look through the Library, which can be found in the Role Play Information Forum, you'll see that treasures can be virtually anything; Spin Attack, Din's Burst, Wizzwarp, Helm Splitter, Bomb Bag, Compaction Pouch, etc. I would recommend skimming through it to see your options before deciding you don't want to use the system at all.

Also, could you please explain what you mean when you say his cutlass is forged from Goron Steel?
  13. Sypherion

Sypherion New Member new

Technically as a Captain in the Hyrule Army it would not be to far a stretch seeing as the Goron and the Hylian people have forged alliances in the past had acquired a sword of his own design at some point...

But honestly my knowledge of the Zelda Universe is limited in respects to the finer points of materials which can be used by other of a different race. The Cutlass is purely aesthetic...
  14. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I approve of this character. Just make sure you don't go inside Death Mountain or mention talking with Ganon or stuff like that. Also, note that you do have 100 rupees if you do decide that in the future you want to use them to get some cool abilities or weapons. [1/2]
  15. Sypherion

Sypherion New Member new

One more to go!
  16. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

I'm down for 2/2. Approved!
  17. Sypherion

Sypherion New Member new

Is it to late to purchase a treasure for him... From what I read he can have 1 at his start yes?

If this is true then I with to spend 50 Rupees on the Dominion Rod since he has a Wisdom of 4 it only costs 50.
  18. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

He can have as many treasures at start as he can afford. So if you wanted to buy thirty Ember Seeds then it would cost you 90 rupees, but you could do it. Your math is correct for the Dominion Rod, and I think it'd be fine if you added it to your sheet now. Usually, after a character has been accepted, additional treasures must be added through roleplay, but given the current circumstances it would be fine for you to simply add it to his sheet and deduct the rupees accordingly.