Top ten Non-dungeon Zelda Areas

Discussion in 'Zelda Discussion' started by Tsubori, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

I'm making a video of the top ten Non Dungeon Zelda areas, and I need some input. There are several Zelda games I haven't played, and I don't want to only represent the ones I've played. So far I have:

Hidden village, Twilight princess.
    Windfall Island, Wind Waker.
    Cave of Ordeals, Twilight princess.
    Subrosia, Oracle of Seasons.
    Lost woods, OoT
    Gerudo Fortress, MM or OoT
    Skyloft, SS
    Hyrule Castle town, TP
    Clock town, MM
    Deku palace, MM

Any input is appreciated, though my criteria is what sets it apart from the rest of the game, and any other good things, like the music, NPCs, etc.
  2. Kienamaru

Kienamaru New Member new

I really like the Fishing Pond on Twilight Princess. You know the season changes there each time you enter? It lets you see how beautiful Hyrule would be in the Fall or Winter time. The music is really peaceful too. And unlike in OoT you can really experience what Hylian sea life is like because there are so many kinds of fish to catch and different lures to use.
  3. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I'd like to suggest Faron Woods from Twilight Princess, even though you've obviously played that one. As opposed to most forest-like areas in Zelda, like the Lost Woods and Woodfall Swamp, Faron Woods feels really open to me, and while it's large enough that you can effectively ride Epona through it, it's not so huge you NEED her to make decent progress in an acceptable amount of time. I've also recently learned to really appreciate the music; it's a very relaxing tune, which again is different from most forest-like areas in the series.

Another place that comes to mind is the Tarm Ruins from Oracle of Seasons. It's not so much a dungeon as a dungeon-like area that leads up to the sixth dungeon in the game, and requires intensive use of the Rod of Seasons as you constantly have to change the season. To me, playing through the Tarm Ruins felt similar to playing through Sky Keep in that I had to use a good deal of my mental capabilities and try a lot of items and seasons in order to get through it. I can't recall if the music was any good though.

(Besides if we're talking music Tal Tal Heights wins. Hands down.)