The Summer of Lull

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Bitoko, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Hey Everyone!

I wanted to make a quick post, because I feel like it. This summer has been a slow/tough one for HC. There are many factors that led to a very slow summer, such as Quill's absence, Ribitta leaving, my crazy work schedule, and just overall stagnation.

One good thing that has been going really well is the Fire Emblem RP, which has seen a lot of activity. Big thanks to Blonde Panther and her staff for keeping some life in the forums.

While things have been in a huge lull for the span of a few months, things will get better soon. Starting today, I will be on a two week road trip, during which I will not be on much (not that I have been able to with my work schedule, though I have been checking in daily). After I get back, though, expect things to ramp up a lot. Here is a list of things to come in the back half of August:

1- New forum software, Xenforo. This forum software has a lot of great features that are user friendly, it looks great, and it will help bring in a lot of new faces. This will be a huge step forward for HC, and should be something you all are looking forward to.

2- A new "Current Events" page for the Hyrule Role Play. This page will have a clickable map that is updated with each new dungeon release. It will have details of the main plot and its dungeons, as well as information on the other minor events such as the dungeons I discussed a few weeks ago. This link will replace the "Timeline" link at the top of the page, as the timeline information will be placed in the Lore page.

3- The Character Creation page and tutorial sections will be finished out. This will include a lot of vital information for the roleplay, and will get all of the roleplay information in the links at the top. This will allow us to trim up the forums by removing the Role Play Information forum and other such things.

4- The website will begin to be fully fleshed out. The game pages will slowly be worked on (they are a secondary priority to the things mentioned above.)

5- The front page will become more active with regular news postings. We want it to be a reliable and fun place for Zelda fans to find stories about Zelda and Nintendo.

So these are some things that will be worked on starting around the third to fourth week of August. We want to get things rolling again, and build a great community that becomes one of the best Zelda sites on the net. We believe we can accomplish this, and welcome any help that you all want to offer.

Anyway, I've got to go pack now, but if you have any comments or questions, feel free to post them below and I will be able to check in on my road trip (yay for a 4g capable tablet!)
  2. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    No, Toko, big thanks to YOU for giving us a portion of the forum to use and for leaving it there while we took a year to set things up. I'm still on vacation at the moment, but once I return I'll see if I can get back to that OOT guide real quick.
  3. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

BP, you make it sound like you don't deserve any credit. You and your staff keep everything in order, and there's always something to do (to a certain degree, but still). *clapping for BP*

I have a few questions:
    Will the rest of the site need to be updated to the same type of format as the new forum software, or will Xenforo use the site skin? (probably a stupid question :P )

Will the main plot dungeons look different in any way to the optional, monthly dungeons? Because I think there would be some minor chaos if there weren't any difference.

Does more news postings mean finding more site staff, or making the current site staff more active (or both)?

Also, hooray for 4G tablets. :3
  4. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Thanks BP, and that'd be great BP, but don't feel any immediate pressure to get it done.

As for Fcgfyv's questions, here we go:

The part of the website that will change is the forums. The main website will still be wordpress and will look exactly as it does. I've already done a huge portion of the Xenforo skin, so it will look good when it is put on (I believe you saw it when you messed around with it).

What do you mean by different? If you mean to ask if they will be different dungeons, yes they would. Also, setting them apart is the fact that the main plot dungeons (such as the one currently located in Kokiri Forest) will be part of a big plot that will unfold as they are completed, while the monthly dungeons will not. The monthly dungeons are unlikely to be connected to each other, and do not have the same plot weight that the plot dungeons have. And yes, they will be very different from the plot dungeons.

And yes, more news post activity does mean I would like more staff and will be looking for some news posters. It also means that EponaRider and DL28 should be posting more frequently.

Hope that answers your questions!