The Lizalfos Breeding Grounds

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Blonde Panther, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    The Lizalfos Breeding Grounds

- Ni'Ran Amiron, Wandering Swordsman (4/2/3) [Blonde Panther] Reward: Shield Breaker.
    - Lyra and Hector, Apprentice Healer (1/4/4) [Blonde Panther] Reward: +20 Rupees.
    - Terralyn Jiana, Ruin Maniac (2/5/2) [Tsubori] Reward: Archmage's Pathfinder.
    - Marax Rita, the C5 Coward (1/2/5) [Unnamed Dude] Reward: Ring of Silence.
    Discussion
    Note (open)
    No Dekus, Kokiris, Fairies, Hylians or Ritos were harmed in the making of this RP. We keep trying but they just won't co-operate.

Many Lizalfos were, though.

"And... this looks to be the place." Ni'Ran rolled up the map in his hands, satisfied with the job he had done navigating this far. As he tried to re-do the ribbon around it, he turned around to his companions. They were quite a diverse group, not something he was used to. Apparently he alone wouldn't have sufficed to deal with the problem he had been hired to deal with, so he had been put into a group with three others.

One was a Kokiri with dark green hair and a pristine white dress, carrying a wooden staff and accompanied by a purplish ball of magic spirit. Ni'Ran wondered how long she would hold out in a battle, but considering the problem they were hired for, he saw the value in bringing along someone versed in healing magic.

There was also a skinny, black-haired girl with eyes of different colors. A little startling, but he knew her to have travelled pretty far and wide, so a swamp might not be too challenging an area for her.

"...Lyra and Terralyn, as I recall," he said, finally succeeding in tying up the map and handing it to the Kokiri, who grabbed it with two hands and put it in a satchel around her waist. "I'm not gonna go over the mission, you lasses know we've been hired to take a closer look at the overgrown armored lizards breeding like rabbits in the swamp."

Lyra nodded. She was well aware of the situation. Locals had been attacked, and in fact they had stopped in Mido really shortly in order for her to heal some of the more badly wounded locals. In Castle Town, the trio had been roused and paid to take care of it... apparently the numbers of the Lizalfos population had been frightening.
  2. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Marax gazed out over the Moruge Swamp and sighed.

He needed to get away from that place he once called "home." He couldn't fathom living there peacefully after what had happened. But where would he go?

He had managed to slip out into the east from the forest, but where now? Darunia was the town that had, directly or no, led to his friend's demise. And Mido? No, definitely not. He couldn't bear to see the place where the man had once lived, had once worked and once laughed. And this was setting aside the strange looks he got for traveling!

So in the end he went south. He hoped there was some way he could access the rest of Hyrule, but he had neglected to get a map anywhere, so he was hopelessly lost. Well, maybe he could get somewhere nice by going through the swamp? It seemed really dangerous, though...

He heard footsteps and quickly concealed himself in some nearby greenery. So long as they didn't come too close he would probably be fine.

He didn't hear much of the conversation, but he did catch something about a mission and armored lizards. So this place was dangerous?! Oh, what to do, what to do...

A thought occurred to him. Maybe, if there was a "mission," he could go with whoever the voices belonged to! Yes, that could certainly work. Free bodyguards! Perfect!

The deku stepped out and approached them. "Um, excuse me," he started. The little wooden man came a little closer to the three, an odd group to be sure. A sword-toting bird-man(the beak especially startled him), a child with a little orb of light circling her, and someone who looked like she was about to go on a casual vacation, and in bad need of one. He was having second thoughts.

No, no, nothing ventured nothing gained... "Are you going to go into the swamp? May I accompany you? I'm a rather handy person to have around..."
  3. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Terra yawned. She had camped out just outside the Moruge swamp, but her focus was on nothing but her current project. She had been working on it for a while but made no progress. The archeologist laid in her bedroll, writing frantically. She had worked out the problem with magic projection, and the spread throughout... But how to locate enemies... 

Peeking out of the tent she was in, she saw it had to be nearly five or something... Didn't she get hired for something at noon? Ah... She should probably try to get some sort of sleepy time before doing something like this. Moving her crumpled up papers made of failed ideas, se created a paper pillow, laying her head on it and going to sleep.
    The next morning, Terra packed up her stuff as usual, putting it into her compaction pouch, though she certainly wasn't wearing her nice archeological outfit. She wasn't in ruins, she didn't give a shit. 

After meeting up with the team, a little kokiri girl and a Rito swordsman, Terra yawned, having only gotten a couple hours of sleep. "Alright. I got hired for this, but I'm throwing down two conditions. First, no flashy lights and stuff. That pretty much means your giant firefly should probably stay away from my face. Second, no loud noises. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night for research purposes, and my damn head is killing me. As long as we're clear on that much, you can just call me Terra."

It was then that a deku came out of the bushes and asked to accompany them. Terra didn't really care, but she was certainly hoping that it wasn't expecting her to save it's sorry ass. "I don't mind as long as you aren't dead weight. What do you bring to the table that can actually help us? And as far as I'm concerned, saying 'I'm handy' is uninformative. If you're handy in say... A kitchen, that doesn't help us here."
  4. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    "Oh, well..." Marax paused. How would he help here? The entire reason he wanted to join them was because he didn't want to deal with dangerous stuff.

"Well, I can do lots of stuff and gets lots of places that people your size can't," He started, hoping to prove himself some way that didn't involve combat, "And I can run on water, or walk up walls and trees and stuff!"

He didn't like admitting it but those last two skills were things he owed to the monkeys back home. Chasing the little nuisances taught him all sorts of tricks to get around and he had become so good at climbing that he almost moved like a monkey. Sooner or later he figured out a way to walk up trees, and then he discovered he could apply that to other things.

"If I really have to, I can keep things from hitting you by shooting bubbles at them. Or, oh, I could do this."

The deku turned around and inhaled, readying himself to generate a deku nut. One of nature's wonders, the humble deku nut, and they had helped him out on more than one occasion. He shot it out full speed onto the ground before him and it exploded in a blinding flash.

"See? I can be useful, right?"
  5. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "Easy there, miss 'I-woke-up-on-the-wrong-side-of-my-bed.'" Lyra jolted up, clutching her staff a little more tightly when Ni'Ran said that. That was... probably not the wisest thing to say to Terra at this moment in time. Fortunately the Rito then turned to Marax. "Walking on water and trees sounds useful for me. You can serve as our reconnaissance, since my usually good mobility is limited in a swamp."

He then made a rather exaggerated bow. "You're in, as soon as I have your name. I'm Ni'Ran," he said, raising his sword to make sure the Deku saw it, "the designated frontline fighter for this mission. That over there is Lyra," he now gestured his hand over to the Kokiri, "who as far as I know is in charge of healing, so go to her if you need anything."

"Don't overdo it," Lyra said, but she smiled at the Deku as she did so, "My mana isn't infinite."

"And lastly we have the slightly grumpy Terralyn, Terra for short, who... has her skills. If nothing else she'll keep us with both feet firmly on the ground."

Lyra was stupefied. This Rito was going to get punched in the face so hard, swordsman or not... Hector shuddered, floating a bit closer to her. Terra's calling him a 'giant firefly' didn't help his comforts, and neither enjoyed the prospect of their main damage dealer getting hell from Terra in five, four, three, two, one...
  6. Tsubori

Terra was first met with rule number one being broken. A BRIGHT. FUCKING. FLASH. She winced, a pissed expression spreading over her face. First couple minutes with this group and she was already resorting to violent behavior. And then the Rito had to go and make comments. They'd both get a taste of why you don't cross Terra Jiana!

"You little...!" She reached out, grabbing Marax by his leaves and swinging him around and clubbing Ni'ran across the face. Two jerks, one stone. With the leaves still in full clutch, she swung back, tossing Marax to the ground. "Okay! Second time I have to say it! No bright lights. No loud noises. We clear? Next time, you'll wish you were among the lizalfoses! And you!" 

She pointed at Ni'Ran. "For you, I'm adding 'Don't make asshole comments' to the list. Alright?" 

(act of violence approved by UD and BP)
  7. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Marax regretted that. He regretted that deeply. First he got crashed straight into someone's skull, then he got hurled into the ground. His poor head still throbbing, he started rolling with the momentum.

"Oww... why... I didn't even hear that rule..."

He got himself into a sitting position and rubbed his poor head. This madwoman had nearly ripped his leaves from him! Where on earth did such a tired looking woman get such vigor? And why did the bird-man have to make things worse?

Moreover, at this rate anything that lived in the swamp wasn't even going to get a chance at them, they'd kill each other first.
  8. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "WHOA NELLY!" Ni'Ran managed to pull both his arms up to shield his face from the incoming Deku, narrowly avoiding his sword cutting into the wooden guy. When the poor thing hit the ground, he lowered his arms again and stepped back.

"The judges reward the final throw with an eight, a seven, and a six-and-a-half. Sorry lass, but that last judge just really hates you." Lyra could not believe what she was hearing from this Rito. Did he WANT to die a gruesome death? Still, the swordsman was smirking and snapped the fingers of his free hand. "Well, I see we're at least all full of energy. Aside from the portable torch who's playing hide-and-seek while Terra tries to break my skull."

Indeed, Hector had taken cover in Lyra's neck, under the long hair, shivering. "Oh!" Lyra said, not even having noticed, "Hector, get out of there... we need you to keep an eye on our surroundings."

"Not while people are throwing people at people..."

"Okay, be that way then..." Lyra then kneeled in front of the Deku. "Do you need help? Are you hurt?"

INJURY COUNTER (open)
    Self-inflicted injuries: 1.
    - Terra hurting Marax, at the swamp entrance, with Marax himself and Ni'Ran.
  9. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Marax rubbed his head a little more. "Oh, no, thank you," he said to the little girl, shaking his head a little. "I think I'm okay... for now..."

Seeing the bird-man, now named as Ni'Ran, keep taunting her after an act of such violence gave the little deku pause. For the first time the thought occurred to Marax that perhaps he would be safer venturing into the dark spooky swamp alone...

"My name's Marax Rita," said he to the group, having been used as a bludgeoning tool before having a chance to properly introduce himself. "I hope that I can help..."

Then, more softly, at a volume only Lyra could hear, he added, "And I hope that we can stay away from those two..."
  10. Tsubori

At first a glare crossed Terra's face as she hoisted her pick up onto her shoulder. "You don't know when to give up, do you?" She enchanted her pick with ice to give it a frosty chill, then pushed the Rito back a few feet with the top of the pick. A smirk then crossed her face. "Not a bad quality for the team damage dealer. And the last judge is just retarded. Fuck him."

She put her pick back into the compaction pouch. "Now then, if the talking stump is done, we've got a job to do. And I swear, one more of those bright flash bullshit seeds and I'll enchant your eyes with ice."
  11. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Lyra smiled at Marax when he introduced himself, and helped him get to his feet. "Don't worry about it," she said, "I can heal you if they hurt you again. I'm Lyra." She knew Ni'Ran had technically introduced her, but she wanted to be polite. "And this is my fairy, Hector."

Ni'Ran chuckled. "Let's go in, yes. I get the feeling that the shorter we have to work together the better it will be." He marched into the swamp first, although he stopped pretty early on, turning around to the others. "...um. Do any of you have any particular tracking- Lyra, are you okay?"

Lyra had crouched, studying the ground they treaded upon. "...they've been here," she said, sitting upstraight, pointing in the direction Ni'Ran had been walking in. "The tracks lead that way."

"You sure?"

"Tracking beasts is my expertise after healing, sir. I am positive."
  12. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    "...Hm?" Said Marax, as he, too, inspected the tracks. He had seen a fair share of them in the woods, but the terrain was different here. That might have affected his reading of it, but...

"These tracks don't belong to anything I've seen before. Are you guys hunting these things?" Putting that aside, it looked like some sort of biped making them, but it seemed quite heavy, probably barefoot, and there were... pads?

But what really unsettled him was the other tracks nearby. They seemed to be made by footwear. Another Hylian? And they didn't look altogether too much older than the previous ones. "...And what do these ones belong to?" He didn't know why but something seemed off.
  13. Tsubori

Terra became a bit agitated when her team started playing boyscouts. "Oh my, it's a footprint! Can we ID it so that we know it's personal information? No? Then if it's a trail, we follow it, and if not, who gives a fuck. We'll be able to smell them from a good distance away anyway. This is a breeding ground, and Lizalfos pheromones are pretty damn strong."

She walked forward, seeing the terrain start to get really muddy. "Well, good thing I'M not getting dirty." She brought her pick up once more, her enchantment still active. Raking in front of her as she walked, the mud froze and became very easy to walk on. It was clean too! "Now then, we've got some reptiles to slaughter. Were I awake enough, I'd make a purse comment but... Nothing came to me."
  14. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "I'm not sure Lizalfos breed like Rito and Hylians do though," Ni'Ran said. There were a lot of races where he was curious as to the reproduction process. "Kokiris look like they'd reproduce like Hylians, am I right? But I'm not sure if they do."

"The reproductive process of the Kokiri tribe is a secret kept by the Great Deku Tree," Lyra said, not looking up from the tracks Marax had found. "Even we Kokiris don't know where we come from." She then bent back forward. "They look human," she muttered, "but if they are then it's a mutant... hector, do you know something?"

Hector floated a little lower. "They're strange," he said, "They are Lizalfos by all means, but far too deep... Lizalfos aren't supposed to be this heavy..." Huh. Strange. Still, Lyra got up and grabbed Marax' wrist, running to keep up with the other two.

As she caught up to Ni'Ran, who had put one hand in his pocket, she caught something in the undergrowth. "Hyuck hyuck hyuck." It was an annoying voice, a little slithery... "Let'sssss get them!" Immediately afterwards, two Lizalfos leapt out of the bushes, attacking them. Ni'Ran managed to dodge the first strike, but when he slashed at his assaulter, he was met with a stone armguard.

"They're not going easy on us!" he shouted, "Stay on the defensive! Don't attack until you see a clear opening!"
  15. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Marax recoiled at the sight of the two lizardmen. With a hiss they leapt out at the group at swiped at the swords...bird...man. He dodged, but his retaliatory slash was cut short by a stone gauntlet. The ringing of the blade against hard rock was not a pleasant scene.

Ohh, this looked awful. These guys looked really dangerous, those huge arm-guards and...was that a morning star on its tail? What sort of creature would weaponize an unarmored tail?

Their hisses felt like physical blows, impacting Marax as he stumbled back a bit. With trembling fingers, he pulled out the panpipes from his leafy garb. Though he shook, he brought them to his lips and blew...

Suddenly, the Deku was not here in the Moruge Swamp, where one could die at any given time with or without the help of monsters. No, he was back safely at home, with his one Hylian friend, playing a wonderful song and just wondering more about this outside world. His fear bubbled and subsided, as he swayed and let the song overtake him.

"Cover your eyes!" he shouted, first generating a deku nut, then encasing it in a bubble. He took aim at one of the reptilian critters... and shot.

It of course did no damage, as the coldblooded foe simply blocked this as well, out of reflex. However...

This did nothing to stop the deku nut that had been inside the bubble, which promptly fell to the ground...

The flash blinded that one, who had been distracted and looked to see this additional projectile, but the other was fortunate enough to not be looking directly at it. It slowly circled around the group, searching for an opening.
  16. Tsubori

Terra became enraged by the lizalfoses attacking, and with her pick drawn, took a swing at one of them. It was blocked by the armguard, but that’s what the pick was designed for to begin with. A crack appeared on the rock, but not particularly big. She dodged a quick swing from the reptile’s giant stone fist, but the stone yet again blocked the strike she gave immediately after.

Another crack rang out as she hit twice more, but then the reptile got a successful punch in, landing it in Terra’s ribs and launching her to the ground. “Oh, you scaly motherfucker!” She seethed, enchanting her pick before making a powerful downward stroke. This time the stone was broken right through as pick pierced arm. The lizalfos yelped, swinging it’s tail at the archeologist. Though she managed to jump it, the non-spiky part of the tail swept out her feet and she crashed to the ground. She was about to eat spiky tail ball, but a quick roll to the left made her just far enough over to dodge it. She saw it’s feet, and how they were pressing into the ground below.

Pressing… Pressure? Pressure! “That’s it!” She yelled, whipping out her notebook and furiously writing. “The pressure on the ground! That solves it!”
  17. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    If Ni'Ran had been intimidated by the Lizalfos, he would no longer have been once Marax' song had ended. His body felt a lot lighter on his feet, and he effortlessly backflipped, getting out of the monster's range, when it started to spew plumes of fire at him. "Easy there buddy!" he shouted, laughing, "You're lighting the entire swamp!" Then rushing back forward, he slammed the hilt of his sword into the beast's armguard, which came up a lot faster than it had before. Maybe Marax' song had affected the Lizalfos, too?

Lyra watched the whole battle unfold, feeling helpless. Even Marax, two feet tall, made himself useful, and she couldn't do much at all. The Lizalfos that had been circling them was under attack by Ni'Ran while the other one, fought by Terra, was blinded by Marax... Hector hung slightly in front of her, floating perfectly still in the air.

"Sir Ni'Ran, look out!" he suddenly shouted, causing Ni'Ran to yelp and jump back to dodge the spiked-ball-end tail of his enemy. "You need something to break throuh the shield of its- here, let me help!" Lyra was astounded by her Fairy's sudden bravery as he flew forward, getting between the Lizalfos' armguard and the beast itself. "Now stab at me!"

The Lizalfos was indignant at the Fairy, as Lyra could tell from its rambling at the spirit, but Ni'Ran, supposing it was alright since the Fairy probably knew what he was doing, pulled his sword back. He wasn't sure what happened to his weapon, but it suddenly glowed and when he stabbed it forward, it connected with the stone armguard with such force that it shattered with a loud noise.

Once the armguard was gone, although Ni'Ran had no idea how he'd done it, the Lizalfos was quickly taken care of. "Need help with that last one over there?!"
  18. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Contrary to the heat emanating from the beast's fire breath, Marax shivered. That could lead to some pretty awful results if he let it hit him.

For that reason he circled the remaining lizalfos swiftly, coming around on its tail as Terra swung repeatedly at it. She managed to avoid the worst of the attacks, but she was knocked over and suddenly began scribbling like mad, for some reason Marax could not fathom. The scaly foe took this chance to wind up his tail, and...

Nothing. The lizalfos looked back in confusion as the deku tugged its tail to hold it in place and it received the welcoming flash of a deku nut for its trouble. Marax scampered up onto its back and started punching it. He wasn't sure how much good it would do, but he had to do something while he was on it.

Blindly, the lizalfos rampaged. It was clearly unamused by the little wood man's tricks and even more irate from the little thing pounding it, however weak it was. It swung one arm behind it, which Marax latched onto to get closer to its face. He got off one smack before the angry lizardman threw him off...

Right towards the Kokiri girl. The collision was not pleasant and they both ended up rolling back.

The lizard thing let down its guard momentarily to stick out its tongue and make a strange, taunting noise at them.

[spoiler="Yet Another Stupid Injury" Counter]Marax= 2 Injuries Total
    Lyra= 1 Total[/spoiler]
  19. Tsubori

Terra wrote magical formula in her notebook quickly and with no break in focus. “The magic bends like… That… and…” The Lizalfos swung at her with it’s tail, but the archeologist had enough sense to peek up and duck, though it did nothing to stop her writing. Swipes with it’s claws, tail, and feet were all dodged by the semi-aware woman, who looked over her notes analytically. Finally the creature had enough of her and lunged for her throat, trying to bite. This only resulted in Terra headbutting her enemy’s head downwards, stunning it.

“Yeah, Ni’ran… The lizard. It’s doin’ stuff. Stabby. Or whatever.” She mumbled out, walking away from the stunned lizard. She wrote imaginary words, symbols and numbers into the air, only her being able to make sense of it. Eventually, a smirk crossed her face. “Oh, hell yes! I figured out my spell!” She exclaimed. “High five? Anyone?”
  20. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Ni'Ran was a little surprised to see Marax not only jumping in the neck of the last Lizalfos, but also to see Terra effortlessly stunning it by hitting it in the HEAD. WITH her HEAD. That had to hurt at the very least. It turned out today was a day for surprises, though, as the Kokiri girl, who had been hit in the head by Marax, leapt up and bashed the stunned Lizalfos in the head with her staff. It sunk to its knees, falling over and grabbing its poor head.

"What is the meaning of this?" Lyra demanded, and she waited while the Lizalfos grunted and made its usual sounds at her. "But why? Why are you harassing the passerby?" After more grunting, she shook her head. "Well, get out of here. If you show yourself again I can't guarantee you won't join your friend." The Lizalfos cried out, but then scampered off, sticking out its tongue at the foursome as if it was perfectly healthy.

Ni'Ran wanted to pursue, but Lyra stopped him. "It can't help it," she said. "Even the Lizalfos apparently don't know why they have to attack everyone they see. He said we should speak with his 'chief,' whatever that means." She looked around. "...does anyone here know about Lizalfos hierarchy, or should I-" she jumped a mile when Terra called out that she had figured out her spell.

Ni'Ran shot her a glare. First she was bitching like a big one and now she wanted high fives for something he didn't even know about? He turned back to Lyra. "Do you think you can track it? It's probably just a bigger kind of Lizalfos. Thoughts, Marax?"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.