The Legends of Zelda: Order of Preference

Discussion in 'Zelda Discussion' started by Guy, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Guy

Guy Admin admin

I've been mucking about and the cbox, and have been wondering... If everyone listed every canonical Legend of Zelda game you've played from favorite to least favorite, as best as you could approximate, what would everyone's list look like? Therefore, everyone should do this... because I said so. C'mon, it'll be fun.

If you want to be extra boss about it, you can add more detail to your list (e.g., adding numerical scores, or descriptions for placing each game where it is).

:yomp:

The spoiler tags are acting up again, so as of this post I couldn't put this in a spoiler box around my list as I was hoping to do. Anyway, I'm more confident in my choices at the further ends of the spectrum. The games I've listed in my mid-tier are so close it seems like they could fluctuate with my mood...

Top Tier
    1. Skyward Sword [Complete]
    2. Ocarina of Time [Complete] (original is marginally better than Master Quest)
    3. Four Swords Adventures [Complete] (with three awesome friends only, as otherwise it's mid-tier at best)

High-tier
    4. A Link to the Past [Complete]
    5. Majora's Mask [Complete]
    ~. Link's Crossbow Training [Complete] (I don't even care if it isn't a real zelda game)
    6. The Wind Waker [Beat]

Mid-tier
    7. Twilight Princess [Beat]
    8. Oracle of Seasons [Beat]
    9. The Adventure of Link [Completed]
    10. The Legend of Zelda [Beat]
    11. Link's Awakening [Complete]
    12. The Minish Cap [Beat]

Low-tier
    13. Oracle of Ages [Almost Beat] (last left it in Level-7...)
    14. Phantom Hourglass [Beat]
    15. Spirit Tracks [Beat]
    16. Four Swords [Beat] (25th Anniversary Edition; I've only done single-player)[/spoiler]
  2. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Hm...

1. OoA
    2. MC
    3. MM
    4. TP/OoT (A tie)
    5. WW
    6. ST
    7. ALttP
    8. SS
    9. LoZ
    10. LA
    11. AoL
    12. PH
  3. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Here's my list. Also, just wanted to say both TP and MM in 4th is not a typo, I could not decide between them, so I ranked them equal.

1. Wind Waker
    2. Ocarina of Time
    3. Minish Cap
    4. Twilight Princess
    4. Majora's Mask
    5. Legend of Zelda
    6. Phantom Hourglass
    7. Spirit Tracks.

Games I haven't played or am not far enough in to judge (Hasn't played will be in Red, Not far enough to judge in Blue)

Oracle of Ages
    Oracle of Seasons
    Skyward Sword
    Links Adventure
    Link's Crossbow Training
    Four Swords Adventures
    Four Swords
    Link's Awakening
    A Link to the Past
  4. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Nothing in particular order, but

High-Tier:
    Oracle of Seasons
    Ocarina of Time
    Majora's Mask
    ALttP *
    tWW

Medium Tier:
    Oracle of Ages
    Minish Cap *
    Phantom Hourglass *
    Link's Awakening *
    Twilight Princess

Low-Tier:
    Zelda I *
    Zelda II *

Unplayed:
    Spirit Tracks
    Skyward Sword
    Four Swords
    Four Swords Adventure
    Rosy Rupee Land

Shit Tier:
    Every CD-i Game

I haven't finished every one of the ranked games, though, some of them I've only played a wee bit off. Unfinished ones are marked with a *.
  5. Darth_Slaverus

Darth_Slaverus Member vet

I've only played a few of the GBA games, but if I had to rank them from favourite to least favourite...

1) Oracle of Ages: A fanatastic game. I have a lot of fond memories of playing this as a kid. It was colourful, had great music, fun dungeon crawls, and nice story to boot. Veran was a surprisingly active villain, and I thought the game did a good job of making the parts in-between dungeons enjoyable. My only issues with the game are my burning hatred for the fifth dungeon and the lack of difficulty.

2) Link's Awakening: This was perilously close to being my favourite game in the series, and I consider it almost tied with OoA. It was the first Zelda game I ever played, and it was a lot of fun. I loved the cute scenes with Marin, the fact that you could steal from the shop, and the Ballad of the Wind Fish, which is a truly wonderful piece of music. The main reason I put this below OoA is because I think the dungeons felt less unique and weren't as enjoyable, particularly the early ones.

3) Oracle of Seasons: Don't get me wrong, I liked this game, but it didn't blow me away like the other two on this list. I thought the game's plot had pacing problems and often the segments in-between dungeons felt like little more than filler. The fact that you can sequence break says it all, really. Onox was a really boring villain compared to Veran, as we never really saw him after the beginning. I also didn't think that changing seasons was as cool as traveling through time. On the plus side, this game did have some great dungeons (The seventh one comes to mind), visting Subrosia was great, and it was a lot more challenging than Ages.