The Least Of Your Problems

Discussion in 'Southern Hyrule' started by Ahimuto, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Ahimuto

Ahimuto New Member new

Ink - Remei - 5/1/3 - Purple Tunic +10r
    Ahimuto - Natto - 4/1/3 - 50r

It was a warm morning in kakariko forest, the sun was barely over the trees, the grass seemed a little greener, and there was a pleasant wind in the air. Natto looked around and took in the beautiful day. She thought to herself, 'this is the day'. She snatched up her stick and her shiel- Where was her shield? She ran back and burrowed back into her home and looked around to see if she left it laying around but couldn't find it.As she was turning her little place upside down, when she heard a familiar voice from above, "Hehe, i think you lost something." She popped out and it was her old friend. "Denwi!" Natto exclaimed, happy to see him before she departed. Denwi held out her shield to her. "I have a feeling you'll be needing this where you're off to." He said in a rather sage way, "Wha- But how did you know-" "Know what? That you'd be leaving? Ahh, just intuition." He said jokingly, knowing full well she'd wanna jump up and go on 'the perfect day'. She took her shield back. "Thanks, i'll miss you old man." She turned to leave but the old Shrub spoke up again, "Natto, wait, there is something i want you to have." He urged her, and handed out to her a tattered old bag, that looks like it's seen a lot. Natto looked at it with a sarcastic smile, "Ah geez, i always wanted one of these! You really shouldn't have." She joked, and he just chuckled lightly. "Look in the bag." Denwi clarified. She opened it up and saw a pair of red ear rings and a blue... Dress? The she realized what these were and she just looked at them in an amazed silence. "These trinkets saved my life more times then i can count, so i thought i should pass them on to you, to keep you safe on your adventures." Denwi had a calm, sincere tone in his voice. Natto finally looked up from the bag and met Denwi's gaze. "I... Don't know what to say." She was stunned, cause she knew the stories that these items held. "Thank you?" He asked with a comical amount of inflection in his voice. Natto just gave him a hug, and he patted her back. "Or... I suppose that works to." He said, And they both shared a laugh.

After a heart warming goodbye, she started to walk.... And walk.. and walk. She knew exactly where she had to go, she's been all over the forest, and knew every part of it. Eventually, she made it to the edge of the forest, and she hesitated, looking out at the mountain ranges on the horizon and wastelands before her. She felt a mixture of fear and excitement. Natto reached in her bag and put on the ear rings somehow. "It's finally my time." She whispered to herself, and she set off. The first leg of it was going pretty well, but she got herself all turned around and ended up getting lost after a couple hours of travel. She looked up at the sky, it was just about after noon now. She stopped for a minute to dip her feet in a puddle and soak up the sunlight, trying to get a quick meal. "Shesh, i got lost on the first day, must be a record." Natto sighed, and pressed on, wherever it was she was going.
  2. Electronic Ink

Electronic Ink local zora vet

To be fair, Remei figured, she wasn’t exactly familiar with forested areas. But also, she wasn’t entirely lost. It was just taking much longer than she’d have preferred.
    Ever since she’d run into that damned Zora she’d kept looking for the goodies she was searching for in Hyrule’s forests. This Kokiri forest might have held something but there were so many literal children around that she felt really uncomfortable going in glaive swinging. She’d... try back here last. If she didn’t find something good elsewhere.

Remei didn’t look forward to the journey back. Her wing tunic had been all but useless in the blistering heat and winds, and the trek across the wastelands had been foreboding and dark. She’d gotten lost a few times. Some days she’d been so bored she’d just sat there throwing her boomerang in circles to counter her frustration. Some people might have said a quest was about the journey, but Remei was convinced she would have turned around and quit if she hadn’t reached her destination when she did.

She drew a scimitar quietly when she heard murmuring. Somebody was nearby. Not the voice of a Zora, this time. Creeping towards the voice, Remei stopped short when she found its source - a petite Deku Scrub in a long skirt.
    “What’re you doing all the way out here?” she asked, trying not to sound too hostile and failing. “Don’t you forest creatures live deeper in? You’re going the wrong way,”
  3. Ahimuto

Ahimuto New Member new

Natto was surprised with her first encounter since she left the forest. She quickly turned to the person addressing her, and they had their weapon draw, so she held up her shield and her stick arm back behind her in a defensive stance. "Hello.. winged bird lady?" Natto wasn't sure what in the great deku tree's name was this woman. "I'm not going the wrong way... I think?" She uttered unsure of herself. "I'm leaving the forest to find adventure but uh.. I'm kinda lost in this weird place."

She looked Remei up and down "What about you? Are you out and about too? Or are you just getting territorial over your nest?" Natto jested, though it clearly didn't have any kind of ill will or back handedness to it, she was genuinely just telling a joke to lighten the tension. She still had her shield out and her weapon back, and had her feet in ready position to step quickly back from Remei. She very calmly, so not to make the big bird lady attack her, put the stick away in the bag Denwi gave her and pulled out a Deku leaf in her main hand instead.

The sudden appearance and unclear nature of Remi's approach really put Natto in a position of uncertainty. She was trying to be nice but she was also not being dumb and leaving herself open to attack.
  4. Electronic Ink

“Wh- I’m not a bird,” Remei barked, her wings flaring in indignation before she tapped her elbows and they shrank into the Tunic that housed them. The little Deku was leaving, huh? “Hope you brought water, if you’re leaving. Those wastelands are pretty nasty. I barely have enough water myself, you know a river or something where I can get more? If it’s too far away forget it, I wanna get out of here,”

“Oh, shove it,” Remei snorted. So the Deku joked. Not too bad, then. If it had been a prissy little thing Remei wasn’t sure she’d have been able to resist the urge to drop-kick it back into the forest. Remei stowed her glaive and leaned against a tree. “No nest around here for me, voodoo doll. I was looking for treasure but there’s like half a billion children in here and they’re all little assholes so I just turned around and left.”

She wanted to be on her way, but the little Deku wasn’t half bad conversation. “Name’s Remei, by the way. I’m a Gerudo, if you know what that is.”
  5. Ahimuto

Ahimuto New Member new

"Hey, you're preaching to the choir. If i had a Rupee for every stupid think i saw a Kokiri do I'd be the richest Deku alive... Although i might just be the Richest Deku scrub already, cause there isn't much use for it where I live."

Natto watches as the lady puts away her weapon and she relaxes herself, putting her stick into her bag and even chuckling when they replied to her joke. "My name is Natto, and nope. Don't have a clue what that is.. Actually it kinda sounds like the name of some song my neighbor told me about.. Something about a sandstorm." She stepped out of the puddle nice and full now. "This is the only water around here i know about, you can take it if you want." Natto gestures to the small puddle on the ground she's been absorbing, there is a probably enough to half way fill a decent sized container with questionable water.

Looking at the tunic she thought it must be something kinda like the tunic old Denwi gave her, and they said they were looking for a treasure. "I take it you're adventuring too?" She takes a seat with her feet just out infront of her and Gestures to Remei's body. "If you don't, you should consider it."
  6. Electronic Ink

"Trust me, shortstack," Remei folded her arms and cocked a hip. "Plenty of Deku out there. A lot of them are little swindling bastards, too. They've got money."

She wasn't sure what the song the Scrub was muttering about was, but she didn't particularly care either. She squinted at the water, uncertain of it. Eh, hang it, it wouldn't be the worst water she'd drunk in her life, she figured. And if it was really bad she could just filter it through the weave of her clothes. Which is exactly what she did as she pulled out her canteen and pulled a fistful of her pants over the opening before plunging it into the puddle.

"Adventuring, of a sort. More like treasure-hunting," she shrugged, squatting on her haunches rather than sitting down. "There's some cool stuff here on the mainland. I want to find a ton of it and get real rich, you know?"
    When the canteen was as full as she could get it - about three quarters, with what was left and what she'd added - she screwed the lid back on and clipped it back on her belt. Might taste a bit mangy but it'd keep her alive, and that was probably the important part.

"You got any specific adventures in mind, or you just trying your luck at anything you see?" she asked, looking at the little wooden figure. Reminded her of a doll, really. "Cause crossing those wastelands is more a struggle than an adventure, lemme tell you. You'd want to know which way you were going before you got there,"
  7. Ahimuto

Ahimuto New Member new

If Natto had eyebrows she would have raised them, apparently other dekus did roam around the land. Now that she thought about it maybe it was a little naive to think that the race of Deku scrubs existed souly in the woods. It was reassuring to know she wasn't the only one even if they were.. Less reputable.

"Nah, nothing particular in mind." That said with a wave of her twig like arm, "An old friend of mine, more like family really, left the forest wanting to explore the world and he came back and settled down after he was satisfied. I always thought that was so awesome. So long story short I'm heading out to have MY adventures and bring back my own treasures." They cam over and plopped down beside Remei, and just thought back nostalgically for a minute.

After that minute was over she looked up at them, "Hey, miss gansito." She said, weather she called her a dessert rather then a race primarily of buff women was a joke or an accident wasn't clear by her tone, though she lived In a place where stuff like that was not likely to reach her. "You know where you're going threw the waste lands you talked about right? Well how about we go together? With the two of us traveling together nothing will dumb enough to stand in out way!"