The King's Speech

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by The NPC, Mar 29, 2011.

1. The NPC

The NPC It's dangerous to go alone. Take this.

It had been days since the people of Hyrule had heard word, and anticipation had rose exceedingly since then. Many conversations were had amongst neighbors, speculating the contents of this seemingly important announcement. This was the day, the day of which the King of Hyrule was going to make an announcement, one that was sure to stir the emotions of many residents of Hyrule.

The air on this particular day was fresh, the skies clear, and the smell of freshly baked bread filled the streets around Hyrule Castle's outer walls. The streets around Hyrule Castle had once been a serene garden, never being over crowded as it had become over the last fifteen years. Since Ganon's invasion, this area had become known as Hyrule Castle-Town's new Merchant District, and while this are has always been very busy, today's crowd had exceeded the norm. Everyone was gathered under a large balcony protruding from Hyrule Castle's western face, this balcony being the stage of of today's announcement.

Suddenly trumpets sounded, slicing through the noise generated by the masses and causing a hush to befall the crowd. On top of the balcony, a guard garbed in red spoke, saying: "Ladies and Gentlemen, members of all races of Hyrule, I give you your King!"

Hylians cheered and Goron's pounded their chests with enthusiasm as a large, grey haired man, dressed in brilliant red and gold robes found his way to the edge of the balcony. Slowly, the cheering dissipated as the King of Hyrule waved down at the cowd.

"Thank you, thank you," said the King, grinning. "My friends, it is my great pleasure to address you today. As you have all heard, I am here to bring you news of an announcement." At this the crowd became silent, for the King had a very serious tone in his voice.

"Fifteen years ago, Ganon and his armies of evil flooded our lands to the South. Towns were overrun, Hylians were killed, and in a matter of months, Southern Hyrule became a wasteland. Moblins and Stalfos are known to freely roam about, spreading terror to any and all creatures among Southern Hyrule," these comments had caused the atmosphere to become thick, as the residents of Castle-Town were reminded of the horror's of the past. "Fearing an assault on Northern Hyrule, I elected not to give aid to the South, deciding to instead protect what remained of Hyrule. Ten years ago, the Hero Link confronted Ganon, and while nothing has been heard of him, Evil has not encroached our lands.

"I bring you back to these events to set the stage for what you have all been waiting for," he paused. "I feel it has been long enough, and that the time to act in reclaiming our lands!" at this the crowd cheered, for many had waited long for this moment.

"This will not be an easy process," said the King. "First thing we must accomplish, is the construction of a new Town, located to the southeast of Castle-Town on the shores of the Eastern Sea. This Town will be named after the great sage, Impa. Impa will become a harbor and a shipyard, where large ships will be constructed and used to transport the Hyrule Castle Guard into Southern Hyrule. One by one we will recapture the towns of Southern Hyrule, starting with Rauru!"

More cheers echoed across Hyrule Castle-Town as the King wrapped up his speech. Work on Impa was to begin in one week, and many people were preparing to give their aid in it's construction. Messengers were sent to all parts of Northern Hyrule, and even to Southern Hyrule, telling all of the King's elaborate plans. Slowly the crowds began to dissipate, and as the day waxed old the surprise gradually vanished.
  2. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Re: The King's Speach

(This speech was given and messengers were sent out, as it said. If you so desire, you may role play a messenger telling you these things into your role play.)