The Iron Masque of the Red Hiploop [UD/Dubs/Squish]

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by UnnamedDude, Oct 11, 2013.

1. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Cast (open)

OOC

Naomi circled above Hyrule field, scanning the ground as she did so. She normally didn't bother with flatlands; too boring to explore. But lately she seemed to be seeing a plethora of little masked creatures, dotting the landscape like particularly strange game pieces. Moreover, the times she had landed to roost, the people she met had told tales of the little critters' hostility; they were apparently blocking off access to hunting grounds and other important resources, all and all just making things harder for everyone. The rito had to wonder why the little red monsters were appearing here, but all the same they needed to be removed, and if she were the only one around to do it...

She tracked what looked like their breeding grounds, swarming with the nasty little things. She flew a bit out of her way to avoid the worst of the crowd. Naomi still needed a plan to deal with them as she approached, but she shrugged it off. She'd figure something out, just as she always had.

She found a nice road to land on, and slowly descended in a circle until she could land safely. Now to scout out the terrain and see if she had any viable angles to approach from...
  2. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

A cold breeze blew across the plains of Hyrule Field as a tiny dot walked among a small dirt path cutting through endless seas of green. The dot, Ewan, had been asked to deal with a Hiploop problem by villagers in a nearby village. He'd assumed at the time it would be pretty simple, but in seeing their sheer numbers he was starting to have second thoughts. Never before had he seen so many Hiploops, yet here they were ubiquitously dotted around the plains.

Ewan hesitated for a second.

"No, I must keep true
    To avoid my fate happening to two."

He recomposed himself, and began to hum loudly a verse of Farore's courage. He had no plans to activate the effects, and unless he actually sang words it's effect wouldn't be activated anyways. He just wanted to boost his own confidence a little, and even just hearing the tune of the song was powerful enough to at least calm himself a little.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  3. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Lamont sneezed. The weather was a lot colder than he had expected it to be for this time of the year. Yet the cold didn't seem to bother the small, red creatures that dotted the landscape of Hyrule field.

Said small, red creatures were also the reason Lamont had ventured so far into Hyrule's inlands, normally he would have stayed close to shore and close to the ship. He had heard stories about how the creatures had been hindering the farmers in their daily routines. And surely those farmers must be happy to have someone relieve them of the pests, so happy that they might hand out a reward...

As much as he hated to deny it, his reasons for helping the villagers in the fields were mostly selfish and mostly about money.
  4. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Naomi slowly descended, circling lower and lower to finally drop down to her approximate target on the ground. She was relatively near a dirt road, a short distance away from the higher concentrations of Hiploops.

As she contemplated the nasty little things, she swept her silvery hair back and thought. How did they even get those awful pieces of work that protected their faces? She could only assume they were somehow made; it made little sense for them to simply pop into existence with them... right?

It was a simple, irrelevant detail, but for someone so lighthearted as her, little, strange curiosities were a fun distraction. Maybe while she dealt with them she'd observe a bit, see if they had any other idiosyncrasies she could spot...
  5. Squishy

From the corner of his eye, Lamont saw something come down out of the sky and landing on the field. He turned around, scanning the horizon, before spotting the winged figure in the field. A Rito, by the looks of it. He wondered what one was doing this far out, since there weren't any people living in the immediate vicinity. ...If it even was a postman.

He decided to slowly approach the Rito, keeping an eye out for the small red creatures, but they didn't seem to pay him any attention.

"Um... Hi there?"
  6. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Ewan continued to walk, trying to figure out how in the world he'd deal with the multitude of Hiploops on his own. Then, he saw it. A flash of movement disturbing the sea of green that was Hyrule field. It appeared to be... a Rito? It was distant, but from what he could make out the creature descending to the ground was one of the avian people.

Then Ewan noticed a second point of interest. A second person, a Hylian male was approaching the Rito. Ewan thought for a moment, then decided to go investigate. Perhaps they could help to deal with the Hiploop problem. And even if not, they might need aid in some other way. Ignoring possibly needy travelers was not Ewans way. With that, he began to approach the two.
  7. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    "Nn?" Naomi turned to the other voice, having hardly noticed anyone else in her landing. "Well, now. What are you doing here?" She asked, giving no attention to the fact that the same could be asked of her. In her mind danger was rarely something that needed to be considered. "There are lots of those nasty little red things around here, you know?"

She called a little louder to the more distant figure. "Ho there! Are you going to travel down this road too? It's dangerous, you know!" She unfolded a well-worn map as she finished her comment. Now... where to begin...
  8. Squishy

"Me? Uh, well..." Lamont looked around at the small creatures. "I'm mainly here for these little ones here... They've been bothering the farmers around here."

He looked up at her second question. Seems like he wasn't the only one who'd set out to deal with the little pests.

"I know. I wonder where they all come from?"

He followed the Rito woman's gaze to the other approaching figure. From the looks of it he or she was another Hylian, out here in the fields. Lamont was getting a little curious why there were so many people out here at the same time, normally this place didn't attract a lot of travellers.
  9. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

"Hello!" Ewan bellowed, waving at the pair. He approached further, until within ordinary talking distance.

"Do not worry about me,
    these roads across the plain
    Lie in my domain
    besides, I am here on a quest you see

The townspeople asked of me
    to clear out the threat of the hiploop
    So I arrived here, out of the loop
    To find the situation far worse than I thought it would be

Say, perhaps the two of you could lend a hand
    help me to slay these bountiful pests
    Until they are gone and the people safe I can not rest
    will you join me, or alone shall I stand?"
  10. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Naomi raised a skeptical eyebrow but said nothing. Of the two, one was... decidedly lackadaisical about mortal danger and the other was... too darned melodious. Was he singing? About Hiploops of all things? Oh well. It took all kinds, after all. She pointed out the area she'd circled. "Well, whatever. I think they're coming from around here," she replied, drawing a circle with her finger, "based on what I've seen from the air. But I think that there are fewer of them around that hill--go figure--so we might get a better vantage point there."

She set out for the aforementioned hill, not bothering to check after her. In truth, this was not only for the sake of reconnaissance, but also to satisfy her need for height. It was likely to be the last bit of it she'd get until after they'd dealt with the Hiploops.