The Hitchhiker's Guide to Hyrule (UD/Mag)

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by UnnamedDude, Jan 8, 2015.

1. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Rewards:
    Scyllis Bravadine- Profession: Librarian Level 1, 20 Rupees
    Areyal- Wall of Hazards (Blue Fire, Light)

Scyllis knew she was not very courageous. That was why she was slowly trying to broaden her horizons. To that end, she had to go out and find new experiences little by little.

...Of course, she had to take that one step at a time. She was still working up the courage to have her own adventures, so she was currently making do with books. She was on her way to the library this day to that end. She wanted to see if there was anything that might help her travel, to help her figure out what she should be ready for... to a certain definition of ready, of course. She was vaguely aware that it wouldn't equal real experience, but...

She pushed those thoughts out of her mind and continued to the door. For some reason, she stopped right at the threshold, consumed by the thoughts of an impending journey.
  2. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    This was super cool! Even though she was confused about what had just happened, it was remarkable. These.. vine things grew into her hands! And she could shoot cold fire from it! And Holy Bolt too! She was super excited, more than ever before. Granted, the process from which she had obtained these vines was rather painful, but the end result was totally worth it!

She got two spells, for just twisting one! That more than made up the fact she couldn't shoot fire. Cold fire, was way more up her alley compared to just normal Fire. The Holy Bolt was just an extra bonus! She had been thinking about learning some light spells, and now she did! Even if it wasn't in the conventional way. Perhaps she should learn more light spells? Ice and light do go nicely together.

Regardless, Areyal had spent too much time experimenting with these new vine-like things. She had books to return! Today was the day she had to give them back to library, or she would have to pay a fine. With her pockets already running a little dry, she had to get there fast. Picking up her staff and the rest of her belongings from the ground, she quickly ran out of the alleyway, and sprinted the direction of the library. Hopefully she wasn't too late.

The Library was the largest in all of castle town, and it sure was impressive. The outside was heavily decorated with all sorts of hylian culture. Areyal could have spent all day gawking at the majestic statues seemingly guarding the front door, or even the enormous fountain in the courtyard directly in front. However, she had to return those books! Well, some of them were scrolls, not that it mattered.

Bursting in through the front door, she quickly removed all of the borrowed reading material from her bag. Suddenly, she saw something that she didn't see too often. It was another Zora! Since leaving the Zora's domain, she hadn't seen very many Zora's this far from the water. Forgetting that she had books to turn in, she walked straight over to the fellow Zora.

"Hello! I'm Areyal!" She Introduced herself, rather energetically.
  3. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Scyllis turned and, with a smile, introduced herself, talked a little about her hobbies and told the other Zora a little bit of her life story before asking her to share.

Or rather, that's how she imagined and hoped this event would happen. She had gone through little scenarios like this in her head many times. In the world of reality, however, Scyllis's mind was suffering something of a catastrophic failure, trying and failing to simultaneously construct and put into motion several different courses of action. At the same time it also attempted to foresee the consequences of each of them, with similar results.

As a direct result, she spent several seconds awkwardly starting and stopping her sentences, trying to find the correct words and instead finding silence and stuttering. With a deep blush she finally just looked at the ground and said, quietly, "U-um, I'm sorry... I'm Scyllis..." What... what came after that? She didn't know... Or maybe she was too scared to try.
  4. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Oh, poor Scylis. She seemed to be immensely shy around people. After staring for a few seconds, Scylis eventually stuttered out her name. Areyal however was undeterred by her shyness. She just went right on speaking, almost oblivious to the fact that her fellow Zora had problems speaking. Areyal more than likely had the opposite problem. Not knowing when to stop talking. Talking all day and night unless something stopped her.

"It's so nice to see another Zora so far from the Zora's Domain!" Areyal exclaimed happily. "I almost can't believe my eyes! I've only ever seen two other Zora's in Castle Town. Granted I've not been here for very long, but still!" She would have continued talking for a really long time, but she was shushed by a librarian walking by. "Oops!' Areyal quietly said before placing both her hands over mouth.

"Sorry." Areyal said, gently blushing. "I tend to get loud when I'm excited. I don't mean to, I just do."Now embarrassed herself, she stopped talking. It was a common site to her ramble about things, but every time someone pointed out the fact, Areyal always blushed. She didn't like rambling, and it made her look like a silly know-nothing. She knew lots of stuff! Just sometimes not all the important stuff. "I should probably um, turn in my books." Turning around, she placed her borrowed reading materials on the counter and waited as the librarian checked them back in.
  5. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    "U-um..." Scyllis waited a moment when Areyal was called away by the librarian, then quietly excused herself. Oh, goddesses. That was so embarrassing... She wished she could just forget it and... and...

She browsed the section containing tomes on travel and journeying. That one guidebook... It wasn't... It took her several seconds, as her voice built in her throat like steam, to speak. The realization finally came aloud in the words, "O-oh... miss, isn't there a book missing?"

One of the workers turned. "Oh? Which one?" Scyllis briefly intimated what she knew about it and answered the bookkeeper's questions. "Ohh. Yes, someone borrowed that book, but... it hasn't been returned yet. Come to think of it... I haven't seen the boy who did for a few days now. He usually comes by, even if he doesn't read something..."

"Wh... what? Oh, but... u-um... w-would you... please tell me when it... gets back?" she asked, quietly.

"Hm. Well, I don't mind. But in return, would you like to do something for me, miss?"

"I.... okay," came her reply, as she looked down. She really didn't know how to say no to these things...

"I'd like you to go check on our little friend that borrowed it. I used to look after him, so I can tell you where he lives. I'm worried he might be sick, so..."

"O-okay," the Zora agreed with painful timidness.
  6. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Areyal couldn't help but overhear the conversation. "I'm sorry," She said, walking over to the two of them. "I couldn't help but overhear, but are you talking about Jacob? Jacob Harris?" She asked the librarian behind the counter. "I remember the child , I used to see him all the time, and I actually wanted to discuss a certain book with him. He seemed rather intelligent for someone so young."

She turns to Scylis and asks "Would you mind if I came along too? I would like a chance to talk to him, that is, if he is up to talking" Truthfully, her motives for following was not just as simple as talking to the kid. While she did enjoy an intelligent conversation every once in a while, she mostly just wanted to spend more time with the Zora. It was a rare occurrence that she ran into another zora that wasn't too busy to talk to her. She didn't want to lost track of this one. She seemed rather friendly.

Leaning on her staff, Areyal rubbed her palms, they still had a strange tingling sensation to them. Perhaps she should try to research on what happened in the alleyway. The Twister, or whatever it was called. It surely required some looking into. Nothing quite made sense about it, but regardless, it was still exciting. She'd have to come back and rent a book on the subject, that is if any such books existed.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  7. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    "O...okay." Scyllis agreed, more from lack of a way to refuse than desire to have company. The streets always felt so... so big and intimidating, as if all the eyes were watching her and all the mouths had her name on her lips. She knew not where the sensation came from, but somehow having someone who she knew would be with her alleviated it, if only slightly. Maybe she could distract herself...

As they went out the door and began on the directions that the librarian had given them, Scyllis began thinking. Her thoughts went wild like a river in the midst of a flood. This thread, that, one way and another they raced. She thought of voicing some of them, then clammed up for fear that they would be silly. The silence between them, then, was in no way unfriendly, but it was perhaps best described as... awkward. But through it all her mind settled on one thought as they turned a corner.

"But... that's odd," she murmured, almost to herself. "That book isn't something a child would normally borrow..." As she recalled, while it held some preliminary information on travel and some common destinations, it primarily detailed the dangers of such an undertaking, in particular the creatures one might come across.