The fire temple - Photo op [Tsubori / Razgriz]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Tsubori, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Masaro Otak (Tsubori) - Reward: 25 Rupees. Taken as payment at end of RP from Tanic

Tanic Fallius (Razgriz) - Reward: 25 Rupees. 50 Found in Volvagia's teeth at end of rp, with 25 taken by masaro as payment.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Outside the death mountain crater, there sat a man with pictograph box in hand, setting it up for usage. This was Masaro Otak, freelance photographer and scrapbooker. He got a few things ready, hoping that this would go smoothly. He was hired by some Goron guy to take pictures of him going through the temple. Some publicity event or something. 

"Masaro, if you go in a volcano, make sure to do something to keep yourself cool." his Pirate charm said, the voice of Kirota reaching him.

"It's okay, Kiro, I dressed light. I put on a t-shirt instead of my overcoat." He said with a smile. 

"Not what I meant. Use your ice magic or something." 

Masaro nodded. "Well, I guess that sounds like an okay plan. Oh, I think my client is here.... Nope, that was an owl." He said, watching the bird fly away. While he stood outside, he started taking pictures for Kirota, as she liked painting some of the landscapes he shot photos of.
  2. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

"Ahh, good, you're here old boy." Came a voice from behind Masaro, standing there was a tall and well dressed Goron, complete with a cane and monocle. "Ready?" he asked and without waiting for a response, exclaimed "Perfect my dear lad! I believe it's time he begin this endeavor as this is hardly a fitting place for a gentleman such as I. Though I doubt someone of your... birth would enjoy it either. So let's get this over with that I might return to sampling the finest rocks and metals and you might return to... scrubbing the streets or... rolling in mud or whatever is you peasants do." Then waited for nothing on Masaro's part, he began to move toward the temple.
  3. Tsubori

Masaro nodded. "Yeah, rolling in mud is fun." he then started following the Goron. He brought out a detailed looking map of the temple, and there were multiple circles in the area. "So, my name's Masaro Otak." He pointed to each of the circles. "And... While you didn't request this, I thought it would add some nice flair to the pictures if you're rescuing some people. So I took the liberty of putting a few people into the cages that were left around here."

He pointed to the first circle near the entrance. "This is the one to start with, and I'd suggest not asking how I got the people for this." He took notice of about three Keese starting to spiral around. "Watch your head, those things are nasty little flaming buggers."
  4. Razgriz

"Some bashingly good initiative there dear boy; making me a handsome knight out to save those under him by risking his own life, a hero of the people and other such nonsense. I say, if there are more such surprises, I might be inclined to look forward to it!" and began walking again, this time somewhat faster as he approached the first circle. "And take care of those gluttonous birds you mentioned something of, they're more annoying than that street urchin, always begging on at the gate."
  5. Tsubori

Masaro began walking up the stairs towards the odd statue, when he turned around and took a picture of Tanic. “And so he walks into the temple like a brave hero would…” He took the picture from the pictograph, and put the photo into his bag carefully. One of the keese then swooped down, though Masaro sidestepped, dodging it, and then uppercutting it with an ice punch. The creature fell to the ground dead, and then Masaro shot an ice ball at the next. It hit, and the batsicle fell, though the last one was still making a rush for Tanic. He took his camera out and prepared for a picture.
  6. Razgriz

Tanic resumed his ascent to the temple. 'proving oneself is for those who want to become a gentleman like myself, NOT THOSE ALREADY THERE!' he thought to himself, frustrated at having to degrade himself like this 'Still, this one seems to know what he's doing, unlike the last chap I found.' Suddenly, he caught movement out of the corner of his eye, 'bloody Keese.'

Making a fist with his right hand, he waited for the right moment, just when it was in it's dive and about to strike, he let loose. As his fist moved through the air, it picked up speed some would've thought impossible, turning from brown to red to white and finally igniting the air with it's heat. The flaming punch struck the Keese, instantly setting it on fire and causing it to be thrown across the room before hitting a wall and falling lifelessly to the ground.

"Bloody hell lad, can't you do anything right! A few flying turds shouldn't be difficult even for someone of your insufficient skills!" Tanic yelled, in clear contradiction to his previous thoughts. "I hope you've done better with the rest of job, otherwise you won't get a rupee for that stick hut your likely saving for!"
  7. Tsubori

Masaro snapped a picture of Tanic as he punched the keese, giving it a moment to develop. When he looked at it, he smiled. “Well, I don’t know about a straw hut, I’m already living in an alright house. But anyway, I think you’ll like this picture!” The shot was clear, with no glare or lack of focus. Not only that, the flaming punch had turned out magnificently. The keese could even be seen flying out towards the edge of frame, aflame.

“Well, that should do it for here. Let’s move onto the first prisoner.” Turning left and leading Tanic towards the unlocked door, Masaro walked through, and was greeted with the sight of a Goron behind the bars of the cage and a lever just outside. The Goron looked uneasy, and Masaro walked over to the cage.

“Hey… you look familiar… are you here to break me out of here? I… don’t remember anything…” He asked the Hylian, who just turned towards Tanic, raising his camera.

“Well, let him out and I’ll snap pictures of you being a hero!”
  8. Razgriz

Tanic carefully adjusted his monocle and top-hat, careful to brush off any dust or keese that happened to fall on it. Then, he put on his proudest face and stood straight and tall, he entered the room in a normal walk with only a hint of urgency. Whatever Masaro and the Goron thought, the reason for the fast walk was in fact because Tanic hated the idea of interacting with a common man, except yelling to fetch more fine rock caviar.

After pulling the lever and leaning on his cane lightly, Tanic waited in that pose looking at the encaged Goron and trying to think of any way he could improve the shot and, found none. 'I hope this foolhardy photographer could at least think as well as a leper rapscallion and find it in his tiny common mind to take the bloody picture.' was the only thought afterwards.

Finally, after the cage opened Tanic reached in and said in a surprising cheerful voice, "Good to see you're well old bean! Sorry if I seem a little dusty from such travels!". Before the Goron had much time to react, Tanic pulled the confused being to his feet and began to shake hands, making sure to turn and face the camera while doing so.
  9. Tsubori

Masaro snapped multiple pictures, including the ever-so-important handshake. After sorting through the pictures and choosing the best one, he nudged the goron. “Now, are you sure you didn’t wake up with anything door open-y in that cell?” The dazed Goron shook his head, trying to think straight.

“Uhh… yeah, actually, this key was here too… Weird…” He handed the key to Tanic, and started walking out of the cage.

Masaro smiled kindly. “The exit should be just through that door and on your right. You’ve got an easier walk home then the other ones, a least!” Once again, in a very wobbly stance, the goron walked towards the exit of the temple. Masaro then looked on his map. “Alright, let’s go that way too, sir. That key unlocks the door that was just on the right.”
  10. Razgriz

"Why thank you dear chap! I indubitably appreciate it! And beware, there is a scoundrel present!" Tanic said in his classy, upbeat tone, almost yelling it at the end. He even chuckled a little at the last part, already sure of who the scoundrel really was.

For the first time in a long while, he had actually begun to enjoy himself. Taking the key from the Goron, he began moving toward the door, and inserted the key into the hole before he remembered and bellowed back "And keep an eye on your feet out there old bean! There may be some squishy and crunchy fellows! Fua Fua Fua!" Before finally turning the key and opening the door.
  11. Tsubori

With a nod and smile as the Goron left, Masaro followed Tanic, occasionally snapping a picture here and there. When he unlocked the door, the Hylian went through, into the massive, lava filled room, stone pillars and chucks of rock providing little general maneuverability. Stepping onto the pillar and leaping the gap towards the rock chunk, Masaro motioned with his hand. "This way!"
  12. Razgriz

Tanic stood awestruck at the room in front of him; the pillars, the lava, and the fallen stone all came together to create a picturesque monument. 

Carefully jumping from stone to stone, almost falling several times, he was slowly managing to catch up to Masaro and while this was far more dangerous than he would've liked, he was still enjoying himself as he continued this new adventure.
  13. Tsubori

Masaro finally hopped to the final platform, from which he would get to the second Goron. He waited until Tanic caught up, then turned and opened the door. The next prisoner went much of the same, with pictures taken and a Goron saved. Now with the second one done, Masaro got the key from him and walked back out towards the lava room. "Ready for more jumping? It's fun, isn't it?" he said with a jolly look on his face. 

All the way on the other side of the room, Masaro landed on the platform with a chipper attitude. He then pulled out his camera, pointing towards the bricks in the wall where they obviously didn't belong. "I built a wall there for you to punch down, because let's face it, who doesn't love people punching through walls." The hylian then got his camera at the ready for whenever Tanic was set to go.
  14. Razgriz

Following Masaro across the platforms, Tanic was a little frightened, though he knew he had to press on, for his reputation, ancestors and renewed wealth. What worried him even more however, was that many pictures of him saving Gorons would turn out to be too similar, and seem entirely staged, instead of the 'Luckily some good chap present had one of those novel pictoboxes' feel he expected.

As Tanic approached the platform, he could guess what was planned, this defiantly isn't the work of gentlemen and nobles such as himself, none the less he was having fun, and thought that this would be a good opportunity to test a rumor he'd heard. After all, even if it turned out to be a colossal failure, it was his word against Masaro's should the bugger ever tell another soul. Walking calmly to the wall, he prepared to attack and yelled "Falco- Goron Punch!" prior to smashing through the wall, but throwing up a large amount of dust too. Without even waiting, he began jumping even faster toward the door in front of him, throwing it open and leaving it as such when he got there. Inside was yet another imprisoned Goron, which Tanic promptly freed, hoping a shot from a distance would make it seem more authentic and varied.
  15. Tsubori

Shedding a single tear for the fragments of the fourth wall, much like the punched wall, Masaro went back to his happy demeanor in time to see Tanic already letting out the next Goron. In a quick motion, he brought out the camera and snapped a picture. The resolution and other settings were pretty lousy, but he'd gotten the picture.

After the Goron walked away, Masaro came up to his employer, showing him the picture. It was workable, but nothing fantastic. "Hey, I don't know why you rushed ahead like that. The picture didn't really come out as great as some of the others..."
  16. Razgriz

"Humbug! That picture turned out better than a cat in a castle. It's more... what's the word you peasants use... Authentic, I do believe." Tanic retorted as he lifted his cane and continued forward, hoping the boy would understand. He was here to save these people and acquire proof of the deed, the flair of the pictures was entirely secondary.
  17. Tsubori

Masaro shrugged, tucking the picture away with the others. “Alight, if you say so.” Walking to the back of the cell, he opened a chest containing another key. He then motioned for the Goron to follow him back out to the lava room, where upon turning right on the bridge, they were met by a locked door. Masaro used the key he’d gotten from the third Goron, opening the door and walking into the next room. When he came through here setting this all up, he left the block that was used to get to the next floor with a special mechanism. He stood on top of the block, indicating for Tanic to do the same.

When he did, Masaro kicked a small brace off of the block, making it fly up to the second level, stopping perfectly to allow the two to get off of it. This brought Masaro and Tanic to a large room, a caged Goron opposite to them in the room. “Oh, ignore him for now. Yeah… just smile and wave.” He said, doing just that to the Goron until he was out of sight. Once he was, he started climbing the nearby blocks until he was at the top, he then turned around, taking pictures of Tanic’s climbing.
  18. Razgriz

'At least he understands who's giving the orders here.' Tanic thought to himself, as Masaro agreed, or rather was indifferent to Tanic's intentions here. While he began to see Masaro as having gone far and beyond what he was supposed to; indeed much too far. Yet it seemed to fit, after all, how far gone was Masaro himself? Tanic became so deep in thought that he followed Masaro without question, ironically as if Masaro were master to Tanic.

As the lift reached it's peak, Tanic disembarked along with his fellow, walked through the door afterwards and only seemed to break this pattern as they passed another caged Goron. He stopped shortly to peer into the cage, 'This doesn't seem like a very heroic or gentlemanly ploy' He thought to himself, 'That boy had better come through again.' Turning back to find the one from his thoughts, Tanic realized how much time he'd actually spent in his monologue, as Masaro was already nearing the top of the blocks. Tanic began to climb the structure, and moved faster than his body might have suggested, "not very gentlemanly at all." were the last words to escape his mouth as he reached the top.
  19. Tsubori

Masaro noted what Tanic had said, shrugging slightly. “Well, I don’t mean we aren’t saving him. The switch is just pressed later.” The man said, tucking away his most recent pictures. He then turned, climbing the large ladder and opened the door ahead, finding himself in the stone maze section. He’d found the giant boulders rolling through here annoying when he came through the temple the first time, so he’d rigged up bars in place to keep them still. Walking to the left then turning right next, Masaro led Tanic to another Goron room, where the usual stuff happened and they had another new key.

Walking towards the next room, Masaro was looking at his map. “Well, the next one should be just this w-“ A strange metallic snap rang out, and a boulder immediately started rolling towards them as the metal bar snapped.
  20. Razgriz

Tanic saw the boulder as it came toward them; their imminent doom rolled ever closer. In that brief moment between the time he realized the boulder has rolling and it's impact, Tanic had only one thought 'Why does he always fail so?' and without another, flipped down his mask and threw a punch at the boulder's underside, his fist exploding with fire and magic as he did.

The boulder cracked under the enormous force of the two attacks combined, not enough to shatter it, but enough to make it uneven and unfit for rolling. "This is not the hobby of a gentleman, boy!" Tanic exclaimed, infuriated that he had been reduced to such a low by Masaro. "Now if there's another such fowl..." he said, a little calmer but still clearly annoyed. "...Then there will be a price!"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.