The Door in the Mountain

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Knight_of_G, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Callad was hunched over in a field, following old tracks away from the rotten and stinking corpse of a long-dead moblin. He followed their curve up to a trade road trodden into the ground. He followed the direction into a town, fairly large sized. The sign said the town's name was 'Nabooru,' after one of the legendary sages.

He asked around for perhaps two hours. Most of the sightings were unanimous in the position that the Link had followed the lead of some fairies west, into the mountainous forests at the edge of Hyrule.

"Well, I guess I'll need to stock up on supplies before I head up there. Might as well post a notice and ask for help, right?" he murmured, solidifying his plans.

The next two days Callad spent getting ready for a mountain expedition. Today he would wait in the inn and look for any travelers hardy enough to go with him, and tomorrow he would set out. He'd set up a couple flyers on the notice board for the town and the inn itself. Now he just had to wait.
  2. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Kasumi sat in the Snowhead house, waiting for her mentor to return. He’d said he was just going out to grab something, and she should wait right there. For a month or so now, Denolle had trained Kasumi in combat. She’d received a crash course as a HAREONite, and she’d return to Zora’s domain stronger than she’d ever been.

Eventually, the door opened, and Denolle came in, a small box in his hand. The Zora looked at him confusedly, until he opened it, revealing a snake bracelet. “Hm. Never figured you to be one to give jewellery, Chris.” She accepted it nevertheless, slipping it over her right wrist. “Well what is this?” Denolle leaned against the wall, and that’s when Kasumi saw he was all packed up. “You’re leaving?”

Christopher nodded, motioning to her bracelet. “I can’t stay forever, and nor can you. That’s my parting gift. It’s a very special bracelet. There’re only a few in all of Hyrule. Just focus your energy into it and it’ll help you be better than you could be before.”

Kasumi looked down at it incredulously, thinking of how he got it. “Where did it come from?”

“A league of assassins used to use them as markers among their elite. I... happened across one of the bracelets. Well I had two, but... One went missing. Wear it and defend your home Kasumi. They need you more than you think. Remember the stories you told me? About that persona you play on stage?” Kasumi nodded. The Aqua Knight. “I’m not sure who affected who... You or her. Either you slowly became the Aqua Knight by playing her.... or the character has the strength she does because of you. Well... I’ve got to go back to Castle town. Stay safe, Kasi.”

Kasumi walked through the pathways, thinking about her mentor. He was a powerful man... Seemingly had no real reason to help her. But... there must have been something. Oh well... Kasumi had decided to walk through her home country before returning. It brought her to the town of Nabooru. After a long, difficult walk, Kasumi just wanted to stop at the inn. She’d seen the flyers about, but barely registered them as she sat at the bar of the inn, getting some water. Heh... She missed the stuff.
  3. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Hm. Pretty day eh Eysseth?" Jacob says sitting atop Eysseth in her saddle even though Eysseth was walking through the streets of the town of Nabooru and she was much slower than Jacob when walking. Jacob doesn't care though and neither does Eysseth. Average people around the town stare in wonder as Eysseth walks by. Children being pulled away by worried looking mothers, mages staring in wonder and amazement at a Wyvern being tamed, even Guards shaking a little in fear. Everyone noticed Eysseth, but very few people noticed Jacob when he was with her. "Ya'd think some o' these people never seen a Wyvern before eh?" Jacob chuckles ad he pets the back of Eysseth's neck. Eysseth purrs and continues walking.

Jacob pulls on Eysseth to stop her. Eysseth comes to a stop and turns her head and neck around to look at Jacob who is now standing on her back. Eysseth cocks her head in confusion and purrs a bit more. "Right there." Jacob jumps off of Eysseth's back landing right next to the Wyvern. A few feet in front of Jacob two kids were tearing papers off of a notice board laughing. Jacob sighs grabbing his sword off of it's sheath in Eysseth's saddle and sheaths it in the scabbard on his hip. "Kids these days." Jacob walks over to the kids and firmly puts his hand on the closest kid's shoulder pushing down a bit. "Now what're you two think yer doin'?"

With scared looks on their faces the two kids turn around. "Uhh...uh...we was um..." "We was collectin' papers sir. Fer uh...ta write on." "Yeah write on. Letters n' stuff." Jacob sighs holding out his hand.

"Hand em over an' I won't get yer parents inta this." Reluctantly the kids hand over the flyers, wanted posters, and other papers they had taken from the notice board. Jacob shooed them away as he looked through the papers. The two kids ran off as Jacob got to an interesting flyer. "Huh. This ain't somethin' ya see everyday."

Eysseth walked closer and looked over Jacob's shoulder as he read. "Lookin' fer help...trackin'...mountains at edge o' Hyrule...Link? Huh. That inn ain't too far from here. Sounds like some fun right Eysseth?" Eysseth nods and snorts as she stands straight up and looks around for the inn. She lets out a small yelp when she finds it. "Let me put these back up an' then we'll go alright girl?"

Jacob hangs the papers back up and walks beside Eysseth to the inn mentioned in the flyer. Jacob keeps his sword and attaches his shield to the back of his armor. "Ya stay out here alright Eysseth? Yer too big a Wyvern ta fit in here." Eysseth nuzzles Jacob a bit and licks him. Jacob smiles petting Eysseth's nose before walking into the inn. "Alright. Look fer someone who looks like they're lookin' fer someone. Shouldn't be too hard." Jacob says to himself closing the door behind him.
  4. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Callad was watching everyone that entered through the tavern door. He'd been able to talk to five people today, and none of them was willing to go with him. He was starting to feel like it was a lonely path. It seemed even the restless weren't willing to go the lengths that the Link had been to. Then, two people walked into the place. One of them was a dazed Zora woman, with a rapier at her side. The second was an older man.

He walked up to the Zora and asked, "Mind coming to that table in the corner? I'd like to offer you a job. Wait over there just a sec, okay?"

He walked over to the man who'd just entered, saying, "I think I see my flier in your hand. Looking for the job?"

(OOC:Sorry about the lateness. Got caught up in christmas stuff.)
  5. Tsubori

Kasumi looked up in surprise when a man told her that he may have a job for her. The Zora looked at him briefly before thinking through it. She could hear out the job, and if she didn’t like it, she could say no. No reason to give him the cold shoulder. And besides, helping people is what she’s meant to do.

She stood up after drinking her water, leaning against the wall near the table. She wouldn’t sit down until she found out what this was all about. When they finally came over, Kasumi looked at the man who’d asked her over. “So what kind of job are we talking about?”
  6. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Yeah. I am. If you'll have this old war dog." Jacob nods to the man who's flyer Jacob had in hand. "We meetin' over by tha Zora woman? There are a few questions I got fer ya 'bout this here flyer anyways." Jacob walks over to the table the man directed the Zora woman to. Jacob nods as he walks up to her. "Howdy ma'am." Jacob waits for the other man to walk over as well.

“So what kind of job are we talking about?” The Zora woman asks when the man walks over. "Here. This may help." Jacob lays the flyer in front of the Zora before turning to the man. "Sergeant Jacob Temple, Hyrule Castle Town Guard retired. If I may ask, what are yer names?"
  7. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

"Sir Callad Bolge of His Majesty's Scouting Corps," the knight introduced himself, saluting. "I was originally a part of the Guard's infantry legions, but those mob bastards put an end to that notion. Still, I serve, and I would welcome your help." He gave a polite little bow, and looked to the Zora woman.

"I am trying to find out what happened to our Link," he said, his voice hushed, looking around at the tavern guests. "In every hour of need in which the Old Darkness assails us, there are always three key figures: One of the forms of the Old Darkness, or perhaps a new darkness every once in a while, one Princess Zelda, and one Link. Our Link supposedly confronted the Old Darkness five years ago. I am first confirming that, and second, entering Death Mountain." The knight sighed.

"My task is long. This particular job is confirming that our Link completed the Trial that was left for him near here. Are there any questions so far?"
  8. Tsubori

Kasumi looked strangely at this man, Callad Bolge, apparently. He wanted to track down Link? Weren’t there people who affirmed he’d done this before? It felt a little silly to try to go hunting like this. This was the type of thing that there wouldn’t be much gain in, even if they were successful.

The zora shrugged. “Well... I may still help. But what do you gain in finding this out? Wasn’t it confirmed before?” She still pondered it. Both of the people she was with were Hylian military or ex-military. They were likely far more trained than her... Oh well. “Oh, and I’m Kasumi. Kasumi Gallota.”
  9. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob looks confused at the Zora woman for a few moments. "Kasumi. I've heard that name somewhere before...but where?" Jacob strokes his chin in thought before a look of realization crosses his face. "I remember now. Yer Kasumi. Tha Zora actress. One o' ma old army friends is damn near obsessed wit ya." Jacob chuckles. "Well it's nice ta meet ya Ms. Gallota."

Jacob turns to Callad. "Scouting Corps eh? I was in a special division. Tha Airborne Mounted Unit. I was one o' maybe 'bout twenty in tha unit. We gave air support and rapid deployment options to other Guards of other divisions. But anyways I do got a question fer ya. What exactly was the trial that he had out here? Any intel ya can give me 'bout it?" Jacob wears a serious face much different from the more friendly face he wore just seconds before.
  10. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

"Oh, yes, I think I heard about that one. Not often, though," the soldier said, recalling the rumors. He turned to Kasumi.

"We cannot say for sure if it was indeed the Link or not that slew Volvagia. Yes, the dragon is dead, and yes, Ganon's advance has been halted, but he has not been banished," Callad said, motioning for all of them to sit down. "Something, therefore, went very wrong. Activity has been increasing across the south. Word's come that he's gathering his armies to attack us in the North."

The knight sighed, folding his arms. "Supposedly the Link completed the trial and it collapsed on itself. I mean to search it. He never returned here, so either he left for another trial, or he died."
  11. Tsubori

Kasumi wasn’t exactly sure what the man hoped to find by searching the place, but oh well, she could follow along. The zora leaned back, putting one leg over the other as she looked at Jacob. “Ah, it’s good to hear I’ve got fans outside the domain. I feel like many people in Hyrule Castle Town haven’t heard of me.” With a smile, she then looked at Callad. “Well, if for no reason more than curiosity, I’ll follow. But.... I still don’t quite know what you’re hoping to find.”

Problem was that she was somewhat tired.... “Now... Callad, I stopped into this inn for a rest, but if needed, I can leave now. Is there any resistance you’re anticipating beyond a common Keese?”
  12. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Yeah. Would ya mind givin' me an autograph fer 'im? He'd kill me if I didn't get 'im one. Not a good idea ta piss off a Ball n' Chain Trooper, but anyways back on topic. Always prepare fer tha worst Ms. Gallota. Rule number one o' bein' a Guard. Prepare fer tha worst, an' hope er pray fer tha best. Could be a few Keese or it could be Ganon 'imself. Who knows til we go." Jacob turns from Kasumi to Callad. "Also what time are ya plannin' on settin' out Sir Bolge? If it ain't soon I gotta feed ma Wyvern. She ain't eaten in a quite a few hours."

Jacob glances back at a window that Eysseth is looking in. Eysseth stares in eyeing any and all plates of fish being served to people in the inn. Remembering what happened last time Eysseth went too long without food Jacob glances at Kasumi before looking back to Eysseth. "Yeah...I really need ta feed Eysseth. Don't need 'er tryin' ta eat a Zora again." Jacob says somewhat quietly to himself thinking out loud.
  13. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

"Well, in or not I was going to leave in a half-hour," Callad shrugged at Jacob's question. "I'm expecting the temple to be mostly empty, but Keese are everywhere, and considering the length of time since its clearing out, there's plenty of things that could have crept in. All in all I'm prepared for most anything, as Jacob kindly pointed out."

The knight stood and bowed before his new comrades. "Honored to have you both. Meet me by the west gate in a half-hour."

Then he left.
  14. Tsubori

Kasumi chuckled, bringing out a piece of paper and signing it. Apparently even amongst the Hylian guards the actress had some fame. Ego +5. When Callad left, Kasumi pondered for a moment. Would it be worth it? Yeah probably. It was doubtful there’d even be much resistance. So why not? Half an hour though... That was pretty soon. She’d quickly get a small nap in, then meet them at the town gates. Going up to her room, Kasumi laid down to get a tiny bit of shut eye.

Waking up, Kasumi felt even worse than before. She always found that you usually feel better just staying up instead of taking a very short sleep. Oh well... She got dressed and collected all her stuff, starting to walk towards the gates. As she neared, she saw Callad again. “Hello there, Sir Bolge. Ready to depart?”
  15. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Half hour eh? Got it. Thank ya Ms. Gallota." Jacob slips the autographed paper into his armor then bows his head. "Now ta feed Eysseth 'fore she tries somethin' stupid." Jacob walks out of the inn and over to Eysseth who is still staring ion the window. "Come on ya overgrown kitten. I'll go get ya some fish." Jacob pats Eysseth on the side as the two walk off to a meat shop.

Half an hour later Jacob sits atop Eysseth as she walks towards the previously mentioned gate both Callad and Kasumi already there and waiting. "Sorry I'm late. Eysseth 'ere ate too much. Took a good bit ta clean THAT up." Jacob shudders a bit. "Alright. Well let's get this mission on the road eh?" Eysseth stretches her wings both warming them up a bit and showing them off. Jacob rolls his eyes and scratches the Wyvern's head making her purr a bit.
  16. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

"Yes, let's," Callad said, resting his right hand on the rope that was tied from his left hip to his right shoulder. Two grappling hooks and two dangled from the low end of it. Callad led the others west and slightly north, taking them into the forest west of the town, towards the mountains. It was a tedious journey, since Callad had to always be on the lookout for any and all signs of the Hero's passing.

At last, they came to the foot of the first mountain. It was the middle of the afternoon. "Okay, something is near here," Callad said, his mouth turning down at the corners. "We just need to find it."
  17. Tsubori

Kasumi followed Jacob and Callad, but didn't quite know why. This mission just seemed so... Fruitless. At least the two she was with seemed trustworthy, considering both were in the Hyrulean military at some point. 

The Zora watched Callad as they walked. For some reason he kinda struck her as one of those people who maybe looks more into things than there actually is there... Especially when they stopped and he said something was around here. 

Looking around confusedly, Kasumi didn't see anything. She looked more closely though. Maybe he was right... 'Let's see... We've got... Rocks.... Uhhh... Trees.... Rocks...' she thought to herself.  It really didn't seem like anything was really around here... Did Callad have the right spot? "I'm not seeing anything over here."
  18. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob sits atop of Eysseth on the saddle on her back. Both look around wondering exactly they are looking for. "What're we lookin' fer again? I ain't seein' nothin'."

(Sorry about the short post, but I really have no idea what to put here.)