THAT Ability...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razgriz, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

You all know what I mean; you're playing a game and suddenly you get a spell, weapon, technique or what-have-you that you just can't stop using. It just makes the game that much more fun and makes you feel like a complete badass while using it.

Right now to me, that's the 'Great Chaos Fireball' from Dark Souls. I was expecting just a more damaging version of the regular Fireball but holy crap was it not a massive sphere of fiery death that exploded from the more or less innocuous fireball in my hand that -and I swear this is true- made me shout "AND THERE'S LAVA?!" so loud a roommate came to check on me.

So what's your THAT ability?
  2. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Biotic Shockwave and Charge from Mass Effect :tpr: Nothing feels better than slamming into your enemies while they're just getting up after being knocked down.
  3. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    In FFX it's "reflect". Really the most useful spell in the game.

Mass Effect, hmm...that's tough. Maybe "lift". But in the first game I used a shotgun like crazy, and couldn't stop. It was great.

In Zelda, the downward thrust is just so satisfying.

Ohhh and in ME 2, the nuke heavy weapon...that thing was just awesome.
  4. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

I have a soft spot for the move Leaf Blade in Pokemon gen III (and only gen III. The later ones aren't nearly as good). It wasn't that powerful, but the animation is so smooth and sleek. Seeing as Treeko in Sapphire was my first ever pokemon, nostalgia may have to do with that though.

Also, in Fire Emblem, pretty much any important tome. The animations for those can be incredible. Too bad they usually have limited uses because otherwise I'd use them constantly.
  5. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    Ohhh there's also an ability in Xenoblade that allows you to limit damage taken from an attack. God I used that so much in the later parts of the game...I think it was only for physical attacks. Or maybe it was magic attacks. I forget.