Tanto the Goron

Discussion in 'Accepted Characters' started by Tanto, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Tanto

Tanto New Member new

Name: Tanto

Race: Goron

Place of Origin: Refugee of Goron Slums

PWC: 3/2/2

Treasures: May I simply have a small general goods stall in the new merchants gardens in Hyrule Castle? Very small stock right now of one or two swords (5 rupees each), some Goron rock cakes and a bomb bag (60 rupees).

Rupees: 20

Height: 6.8" (about 2 metres)

Weight: 31st (about 434Ibs)

Equipment: 2 large Smith hammers (5 rupees each) used for combat and metal work. Leather belt and shoulder strap with various pockets, pouches and straps for his weapons and equipment.

Appearance: He is tall, even among his fellow Goron. He, like most of his race is rather top heavy, his legs seeming slightly to thin to carry his broad and thick set upper body. He has a small bulge at his stomach, like all Goron, that leads up into a rock hard and prominent chest. His arms are almost twice the width of his legs and hang down below his waist. His hands are gloved in thick worn leather with a few burns here and there and a few fingers missing. Loose fitting shorts held up by his leather belt hand to mid way down his thigh's. they are made of a rough faded brown material.
    his round head sits between two large rounded shoulders, supported by a barely visible and obviously solid neck. He has a thin but broad smile and a small bump of a nose and smooth cheeks. His large round eyes are a vivid purple fading into his small black pupils. On his head he often wears a small metal cap made of a faded red metal with goggles that flip down from the front to protect his eyes while working.

Personality: He is a happy go lucky peoples person overall. He is trusting, kind hearted and a fierce friend who thrives in crowd situations. A natural extrovert he is fairly charismatic and a natural salesmen, getting to know people quickly and witty enough to make them feel comfortable in his company. He is determined almost to the point of being stubborn, sometimes beyond taking his own welfare into account. He takes to conflict quite well, often being able to diffuse the situation with a cheery comment or intimidating threat. He'd rather not fight but is not a coward and will never run away.

Residence: Small burrow in the Goron slums of Castle Town.

Pet: None

Backstory: Was a resident at Death Mountain when he was young. He was taken with his parents to Castle Town when he was 12 years old. He was the youngest of three brother's who were all separated during the attacks. his older brother's were part of the resistance against Ganon and their fate is a mystery to him. His Parents were some of the last to arrive in Castle town after they had been given permission to stay, meaning that the slums had already been established and space was tight. The family dug a small burrow on the south western edge of the slums and there began a small smithing and general goods business to live by. Tanto grew up on the bustling streets of Castle town and helping his parents with the business. As he got older and larger space in the burrow became hard to come by. When Tanto was 22 years old his parents decided that they would move to Nabooru and from there perhaps begin searching for their other sons. Tanto did not want to leave the big city and said farewell to his parents, taking up the family burrow and business. He has been running the business alone for the last five years and business is not good. The store's wares have dwindled as lack of sales forced him to sell at discount prices and lack of metal ore's slowed his smith work almost to a halt. Tanto is remains in Castle Town struggling to make ends meet and contemplating methods of escape from the poverty in the Goron slums.
  2. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I like your character, he seems like he will be fun to Role Play with. The only thing I am wondering, is with your shop that you want, are you wanting to have a profession like sword smith or something?
  3. Tanto

Tanto New Member new

Yes! Sorry I completely forgot about mentioning that, there wasn't a category for it so I just missed it out. I completely intend for him to be a practising Smithy.
  4. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Ok. Well in the treasures area it lists some professions that you can can have and how to level them up and stuff. So the second question I have is do you understand how the rupees and treasures and stuff work? A profession counts as a treasure.
  5. Tanto

Tanto New Member new

I'm pretty sure I do yea, I just hadn't taken into account that the profession would cost me 50 rupees. The bomb bag cost's me 60, the two swords I assumed would cost me five each leaving me with thirty left... so I guess I can't afford to have the profession right now. The first few quest I intend to do is revolving around him getting some ore to make himself some armour and weapons. I guess I could just build in him training up in his smithy skills with that as well.
  6. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Ok, well last thing, haha, could you post your rupee count in the treasures area? After that I'll approve it.
  7. Tanto

Tanto New Member new

How's that?
  8. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Ok, I have another question haha. Are those swords to sell? Or are they for him to use?
  9. Tanto

Tanto New Member new

They're really there for him to sell or give away. He's no swordsman, they're just left over stock from his smithy.
  10. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Ok, well since you've not gotten a profession yet it might just be better to not mention those and take the 10 rupees back into your pocket to help you save up for the profession. But anyway, looks good to me, accepted!
  11. Tanto

Tanto New Member new

WOOP! cheers.